sexyrealsexdolls.com

Hobbies come and hobbies go

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hobbies come and hobbies go

Post by RaDiv »

Up through the years I have tried many hobbies. From skiing to collecting coins and stamps. About ten years ago I used to bet on horses. They all have one thing in common, I lost my interest for them pretty fast.

So far my passion for dolls and photography has lasted longer than anything else. There are still a lot to learn and lots of poses to try out. So far I have hardly scratched the surface. Here's some recent footage.

Playing with shadows is fun. The Boy Toy body is nicely detailed. Hard to see when the light hits straight on.
IMG_7550b.jpg
IMG_7550b.jpg (76.08 KiB) Viewed 7248 times
IMG_7465b.jpg
IMG_7465b.jpg (71.84 KiB) Viewed 7248 times
Their butts look good in thongs
IMG_7539b.jpg
IMG_7539b.jpg (91.77 KiB) Viewed 7248 times
Last but not least: keep RC helicopters away from their hair.
IMG_7486b.jpg
IMG_7486b.jpg (83.06 KiB) Viewed 7248 times
She told me to come but I was already there

kharn
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Re: Hobbies come and hobbies go

Post by kharn »

Very nice my friend, and I'm glad you have stuck with this hobby :). I love her hair in the last one :), some nice poses :thumbs_up:

I'm just getting some info ready for you with regards to CoverDoll :wink:
 Click to go to Coverdoll

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

I hope you keep your passion for dolls for a lot longer. I very much enjoy your photos ;)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

skybird100000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by skybird100000 »

Dolls are not a hobby they are a curse :razz:
Keep the pics comin :)

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

skybird100000 wrote:Dolls are not a hobby they are a curse :razz:
Keep the pics comin :)
You mean an addiction, don't you? Curses tend to be bad. :(

Great pics, , especially as the theme for this month's Photo Challenge is hobbies (again). Question: did you ever manage to get the chopper out of her hair?
:mrgreen:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

I hear ya RaDiv. Most of my hobbies went to the wayside when I got into dolls except for golf and angling.

I love this expression:
IMG_7486b.jpg
IMG_7486b.jpg (65.57 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

Yoube Bosley
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Yoube Bosley »

I still have my coin collection. I'd add to it, but silver and gold prices are too high right now.

Three years of the doll thing is still going smooth. I fell asleep in a Dana-Amyliu sandwich far earlier than I intended last night. I don't think the nap thing is going to go away with time.
So here’s what I’m thinking.  I’ll be Charlie and you can all be my angels.  Except you.  You be Bosley.

--- Peter Griffin

Photos of Dana and Amyliu: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10735

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

I still have my coin collection as well, somewhere in my "archive". I took a few liberties in that picture, I didn't want to ruin my best wig so I wrapped the hair around the helicopter. Gotta run, work is waiting, cya around :)
She told me to come but I was already there

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Bianca wrote:I hope you keep your passion for dolls for a lot longer. I very much enjoy your photos ;)
The trouble with dolls is they Inflame your passion,....

So Burn Baby Burn!,.........

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

Very nice job.....

I really like the hellocopter one the best,, you got a very nice look on that..

And your doll is a doll..

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Flook

Post by Flook »

Great photos, RaDiv !
I do like the shadows on the first pic. I think I like that BT the best, especially as a brunette.
If you\'re letting it all get to you, you\'re probably taking it too seriously

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I've got a lot of hobbies, and a lot of them are computer related, but when the doll hobby came along, I noticed, the time I spent on the other hobbies decreased.

Sometimes, I really have to force myself to do some other things.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

AlexKnight wrote:I've got a lot of hobbies, and a lot of them are computer related, but when the doll hobby came along, I noticed, the time I spent on the other hobbies decreased.

Sometimes, I really have to force myself to do some other things.
Deja frickin' vu. :lol: Other than my non-doll hobbies being music related, that sounds exactly like me. I haven't modded a single instrument on my own since Caley arrived, and the only customers who've had me customize their own instruments have sought me out. Even my own personal collection comes down off the wall on rarer and rarer occasions, so that any spontaneity is effectively ruined by first having to wipe away the layer of dust. :oops:

But as for forcing myself to do other things, I would have to ask, why? Just for the sake of doing something different? Dolls bring me more joy than all my other hobbies combined, not to mention the friends I've made in the doll community, so I fail to see a reason for going out of my way to do something I don't enjoy nearly as much. :wink:

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Christine2 wrote:Very nice job.....

I really like the hellocopter one the best,, you got a very nice look on that..

And your doll is a doll..

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Yeah, i can easily envision that same expression on some doll owner's wives :haha4:

And RC owners, bike owners, photograpers.... :whistle:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

ValleyOfTheDolls

Post by ValleyOfTheDolls »

Sounds similar... I've had and enjoyed tons of hobbies since I was tiny- stamps and coins, train layouts (I am really an old architecture geek!), guitar playing, model building, dolls and miniatures, record collecting (I would use lunch money to buy records as a kid)- just now returning to this and it's a thrill each time I find them, vintage neckties - I had about 500 and actually wore them most got sold on eBay (except for a few - including 2 that belonged to my favorite uncle that date back to post WWII), writing, vintage military stuff, tattoos, voracious reading, old movies and the list goes on. I also love photography and think having a doll will be a creative blast waiting to happen! Thanks for sharing such great photos!

INFORMATIONS