sexyrealsexdolls.com

No Lights? No Tripod? No Problem!

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

No Lights? No Tripod? No Problem!

Post by Mr Franz »

No lights? No tripod? Well you might already have just what you need and not even realize it.

The lampshade mounting screw on most large lamps will fit the tripod mount of most cameras. Just unscrew the shade, mount your camera in it's place, pop in a 100W bulb and voilà! Instant tripod and lighting rig.
Lamp_Pod.JPG
Lamp_Pod.JPG (67.62 KiB) Viewed 2299 times
Light_Pod.JPG
Light_Pod.JPG (92.6 KiB) Viewed 2299 times

dolldreamer2018
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Re: No Lights? No Tripod? No Problem!

Post by dolldreamer2018 »

Now that's clever! I won't be mounting my SLR to a lamp anytime soon, but for a lighter camera I bet you can get some good shots that way. Do you have any examples of photos you've taken with that rig?
---------------------------
My Bianca Chronicles

Official Pipedream Ultimate Fantasy Doll Ambassador

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

Lol! I did my first doll photos with christmas lights, flashlights and a table - but you got me beat. Nice setup :D

thismeanswar
Former Member

Post by thismeanswar »

lol....
only works in america...

but hell... how old is that camera?

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

Wow! nice setup!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Thanks guys. Came up with that little trick many years ago during an impromptu video shoot. Didn't have access to a tripod or lighting rig and had to improvise. Worked pretty well as I remember. Someone on TDF mentioned not having a tripod, so thought I'd pass it along.

@thismeanswar, that's a (1) mega-pixel HP. One of the very 1st all digitals. Still works surprisingly well, but it's hard to find those old giant media cards. Just stuck the old boy on there for illustration purposes. Don't know about all countries, but shades mount the same way as they do here on those kind of lamps in the south pacific, where I 1st tried this. Just the bulbs themselves mount differently.

thismeanswar
Former Member

Post by thismeanswar »

I still have a Casio Camera somethere with VGA-sensor (640x480). Has 8MB internal memory and transfers data over the serial port! My grandpa bought this back in 1999 or something... still works but quality is very awful^^
I think you mean these Smart-Media Cards? Nearly the size of a credit card and as thin as one too! Hade some of these too but sold them some years back... made some good money on ebay!

The screw mounts on cameras have inch threadings: 1/4"-20 UNC or 3/8”-16 UNC
as long as your lamp has such a threading on top you can mount some cameras (the 1/4" is the more usual size...)

but happily many other parts of the world have the metric system :whistle:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

That one's an HP Photosmart C200. Not sure the year. Has a 1/2" CCD sensor (1152 x 872) max. I seldom use it anymore, but it was a great cam in it's day. Has composite (RCA) audio/video interface, optical viewfinder and 1.8" view screen. Weighs close to a pound with 4 AA batteries in tow! Records on these bad boys, which as it turns out, you can indeed still find on eBay. :D
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 2187 times

INFORMATIONS