sexyrealsexdolls.com

Review: Hitch 51 inch Phone Tripod

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Review: Hitch 51 inch Phone Tripod

Post by Broven »

I just bought one of these on Amazon and thought I would put up a quick review.
Fully extended
Fully extended
20181107_173745.jpg (2.47 MiB) Viewed 2210 times
PRICE
There are two models, a 42" and a 51", selling for $!5.99 and $17.99 respectively. Mine is the taller of the two, though I expect that most of this review would apply to both. They're available with Prime shipping, so they arrived quickly - free 2-day shipping (if you have Prime).

In the Box
The tripod
A "universal" phone holder
A GoPro adapter
A vinyl carrying bag
A Bluetooth remote shutter release
Cigarettes included for scale
Cigarettes included for scale
20181107_173328.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 2210 times
Quality
The price was low enough that I was willing to take a chance on them. I didn't expect great quality and my expectations were about right. It's primarily made of plastic, and it doesn't feel very robust. Though, being plastic, it is probably pretty easy to repair if needed.

It indicates that it can support a DSLR (and it has a universal mounting screw that should fit most cameras) but I would not trust it to support the weight of anything heavier than a small point-and-shoot. It seems sturdy enough to support my Galaxy S8 fine. The legs, when fully extended, are very thin. One mis-step and I'm sure they would snap right off. But it holds my phone steadily.

The phone holder doesn't open very wide, and the internal spring is really strong. Unless you break the thing trying to pull it open I doubt that it would drop your phone.

The mount on the tripod can be swiveled around quite a bit, and the phone can be mounted in one of two ways, so you have some leeway with aiming the thing. Straight down doesn't seem to be possible, but you can get it nearly there.

There is also a bubble level on the mount, but if you're trying to hold the phone in portrait orientation the bubble is useless.

The remote worked great, without any issues. It too seems rather cheap, and it's small (easily misplaced). I don't know how useful it really is, as modern phones let you activate the shutter with your voice anyway. But - the remote does work.

Over-all
If you are using a phone to shoot, plan to use it primarily indoors, and you don't want to spend much, this seems like an acceptable option. For careful use around the house, I think it should last a while. If you're taking it out into the forest or something, it wouldn't take much to break it. Or for the wind to topple it.

I'm going to give it an optimistic 2.5 out of 5.

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Review: Hitch 51 inch Phone Tripod

Post by jms033 »

Really nice! I didn't even know they made tri-pods for phones.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

I stumbled on it recently, and thought "why not". lol

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

jms033 wrote:Really nice! I didn't even know they made tri-pods for phones.
Yup. They make adapters for regular tripods too. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cell-Phone-Tri ... :rk:1:pf:0

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

Mr Franz wrote:
Yup. They make adapters for regular tripods too. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cell-Phone-Tri ... :rk:1:pf:0
Pretty cool! I have three tri-pods, but may have to get this one.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

jms033 wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:
Pretty cool! I have three tri-pods, but may have to get this one.
Speaking of cool, just found this tripod adapter for mounting tablets. 8) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Trip ... :rk:1:pf:0

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Wow! And you can't beat the price!

Now if I can just find a $20 tablet... ;)

INFORMATIONS