exdollofficial.com

Hanging kit issue: can't fit connector through head

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Hanging kit issue: can't fit connector through head

Post by Jimbofod »

Hi,

I'm having an issue. Maybe somebody can help me out. I ordered a long "connector" (as I'll call it) to to allow for hanging my DS 145 with the head on. It screws into the neck bolt just fine, but the long extended part just doesn't fit through the hole in the head. The hole itself seems big enough, but there is a metal bar going through about halfway through the head. I think there is just not quite enough room to get through on either side of the bar. Is there something I'm missing here? I tried a good deal of force, but I'm afraid to push any harder for fear the thing will go through but be stuck in there. The "Doll Hanging Kit" video on the site and here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZbR7q ... e=youtu.be

Appear to show a different design of connector. I emailed DS about it, to see if maybe I got the wrong design of connector, but apparently they are all the same. Probably the video is a bit dated and shows an older design.

I don't suppose there is any trick to making this work?
Attachments
20180501_182336.jpg
20180501_182336.jpg (706.28 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
20180501_182427.jpg
20180501_182427.jpg (880.29 KiB) Viewed 2790 times

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Hanging kit issue: can't fit connector through head

Post by justintime »

Looks like it is blocked, put a screwdriver in the hole and , work it a bit till the extension goes through.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

justintime wrote:Looks like it is blocked, put a screwdriver in the hole and , work it a bit till the extension goes through.
Tried it. Screwdriver isn't getting through there either. I'm pretty sure the little bar is there on purpose, part of the structure. I showed the pic to a DS rep, and I'm sure he would have mentioned if it were otherwise.

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

I understand, hate to tell you something that may not be correct.
I guess it's best to let them guide you.
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

No worries, I appreciate the suggestion. It was worth a try.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Jimbofod wrote:Hi,

I'm having an issue. Maybe somebody can help me out. I ordered a long "connector" (as I'll call it) to to allow for hanging my DS 145 with the head on. It screws into the neck bolt just fine, but the long extended part just doesn't fit through the hole in the head. The hole itself seems big enough, but there is a metal bar going through about halfway through the head. I think there is just not quite enough room to get through on either side of the bar. Is there something I'm missing here? I tried a good deal of force, but I'm afraid to push any harder for fear the thing will go through but be stuck in there. The "Doll Hanging Kit" video on the site and here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZbR7q ... e=youtu.be

Appear to show a different design of connector. I emailed DS about it, to see if maybe I got the wrong design of connector, but apparently they are all the same. Probably the video is a bit dated and shows an older design.

I don't suppose there is any trick to making this work?

Funny enough, my hanging rod is similar, but the end where yours gets stuck is the old style and just a small loop which fits thru the head fine. Wonder if they sent you the large doll head kit..

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

stoney
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by stoney »

I have a ds145 and a ds160, one came with the old connector and one with the new, the connectors are interchangeable so that is not your problem. When I first got my 145 I had to remove the four screws from the head and remove the connector as there was some silicone blocking the hole. Even now after having the dolls some years it can some times be a little fiddly to put heads on with the hanging rod, what I do is screw on the rod then back it of a little so it can turn both ways then put the head on slowly keep everything straight and feel for the rod you see in the hole in the head then lift the head and rotate it a little and drop back down may take a couple of tries and you may have to move head back or forward a little to make sure you are lined up.

Hope that helps

Stoney

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Mishka, I had that question as well, but the rep said that the parts are the same for large and small dolls. In fact, the small and large heads fit on on all the DS bodies (though they may not look right).

Stoney, I think I tried something like that, but it wasn't working for me.

Update: the rep said he might make a fresh video to help me out. If he does, and it helps, then I'll ask if I can share it.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

I know it might not be obvious - but the hanging extension (the "stick") has to be threaded through the head at the exact angle to bypass the bar inside the shaft (it has to be parallel).

This is sometimes hard to do - I've struggled with mine here and there. But you get better and better at it. Have you tried to make sure the angle is perfect?

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

I find the same bracket on both my DS dolls sometimes get stuck, but I have always managed to work it through.

You might try filing it down a bit so it goes through easier (assuming you have a metal file).

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Finally, I had success! As MannyCan said, you have to just line it up perfectly before even trying to push it through. I also purposely pushed it against one side or the other to get around the small bar inside. Seems rather obvious, so I fell kind of silly. Thanks everyone for the help!

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Jimbofod wrote:Finally, I had success! As MannyCan said, you have to just line it up perfectly before even trying to push it through. I also purposely pushed it against one side or the other to get around the small bar inside. Seems rather obvious, so I fell kind of silly. Thanks everyone for the help!
Glad you finally got it through. Yes, it’s a bit fiddly. Always has been. I put the rod on the neck and then lower the head on and turn the head from side to side, as others have suggested.
BTW you don’t want to mess with the “bar” you see in the head, as it’s part of the snap spring that grabs the groove in the neck post.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Yeah, I figured it must have an important function, or else it wouldn't be there in the way.

INFORMATIONS