exdollofficial.com

First impressions of a new DS owner

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

First impressions of a new DS owner

Post by Jimbofod »

Hi All,

Before too much time passes, I wanted to freshly document my first impressions about my new DS doll, perhaps as a help to those trying to make buying decisions. Certainly I have learned a ton from others on TDF, so this is a little opportunity to pay it forward. Be warned, this has run long, but the detail may help clarify things for someone.

My perspective and doll history:

I have had 2 previous dolls. My first was a 100 cm TPE doll, from 2015. I won't say much about her, except that she was my starter doll, and I was horrible at the handling the care of TPE. In the end her small size was too small and started to bother me, despite that I got her with really big boobs to look as adult as possible. I hated having to shop for clothes/wigs in the kids section, even on Amazon in the privacy of my own home. Probably the worst, though, was when she suffered damage to her wrist, which I tried to repair multiple times but could never quite get right.

My second doll was a 160 cm silicone doll from another maker. I'm not sure if it's ok to mention other brands specifically here without breaking a forum rule. If not, I can add that info later. I got my 160 cm in mid-2016 and became an instant convert to silicon over TPE.

My DS doll is from 2017, bought second hand from a TDF member. (Another advantage of silicone is that it is pretty easy to sterilize.)

Why I got her:

1) some issues with current doll
My 160 cm doll gradually lost her joints over time, and I had been reading here about how DS has a high quality skeleton and joints, and that even when the worst happens, people regularly do repairs or adjust joint tightness. Originally, my 160 cm doll could stand (leaning on something), which was really amazing and added a ton to the experience. Now she is unable to stand or even sit up. In particular, her neck joint has no tension, so her head often flops, often making her wig fall off - tangling/dirtying the wig and/or messing up immersion during intimate moments. She is still quite amazing in bed, as she is life size, has 3 orifices, and is fairly durable. I live in the northeast US, so winter is a thing, and my doll gets pretty cold if I don't warm her up ahead of time. Also, when colder, she is harder, most notably in her breasts which I think are gel-filled.

2) change in needs
I am potentially changing my living situation some months from now, so a full-size doll that I have to carry to the bathroom to clean well on a regular basis and can't easily be stored/hidden anywhere besides her original box is less than ideal. (Besides here, nobody knows I have dolls, which is how it will stay for now.) This doll has no inserts, so a DS doll with inserts could make the cleaning process a lot more discreet, even though I have really enjoyed the realism of built-in orifices.

3) desire/curiosity
DS dolls are very attractive, with their own style, and I really wondered about that gooey softness displayed in videos and spoken of here, but hadn't experienced. I almost ordered just a DS insert to get a sense, but the shipping was really expensive, much more than the item itself, so I held off. Honestly, I had been regularly looking through the DS site, thinking I had nearly decided on a model, skin color, etc., then changing my mind, back and forth. I even went to the European and Chinese sites to get extra clues and photos of the different models, as well as looking through the many posts here on TDF. You get the idea.

Doll specs:
She is a DS 145 (cm) plus with loose joints and the "white" skin tone. Her eyes are purple.

Height:
I was kind of concerned about going shorter after my 160 cm doll, but it was also part of the point and advantage for storage/hiding. She is short but nothing like a 100 cm doll. It is most noticeable when she is upright like she was standing next to you, much less so when sitting, lounging, or laying down. I do not (yet) have a hanging solution for her, so she is rarely in this position anyway. As a loose jointed doll, she is not made to stand on her own anyway. Somewhere on a different subforum, somebody said 145 cm was about the perfect size for a doll, often with similar body dimensions but shorter legs than taller dolls. Large enough to feel adult but small enough to save on weight and a bit easier to store and hide if need be. While "full" size is in many ways better for a realistic experience, I can see a lot of truth in the opinion about this being an optimal compromise. For me, at least, 100 cm was too small. If I wanted a small doll, I might actually prefer much smaller, but for more of having a fun little elf to hang around rather than a companion or sex partner. Again, this is all just my perspective.

Skeleton:
Boy, is she flexible! I was kind of shocked when I found that she could nearly bend herself in half. Of course, you don't want to do this, not for long anyway, in part because this creates a crease in her skin, and in part because this is reaching the limit of the joint, and you don't want it to break. But she can really put her legs all the way up to her head, something my 160 cm doll could not do. Also, she is articulated in a few more ways. For example, her neck can bend in two spots, so that she can tilt her neck to the side but re-level her head, giving off a bit of attitude. As I said, she has soft joints, which was not going to be my choice with a new order. I was actually leaning more toward stiff joints and even requesting the standing foot option. I'm not big on feet, and my dolls are always covered in leggings of one kind or another to keep them clean and protected. The joints vary some in tightness, with the knee and ankle joints more tight. Also, there is more resistance when splitting or closing the legs, especially compared to raising or lowering them. Her neck is also quite stiff, so she holds it in position quite well, holding her direction of gaze and keeping her wig on. The arm joints are quite loose. As the seller noted, her elbows creek a bit, and she has broken fingers on one hand. The finger "bones" are wires and slightly smaller/thinner than my 160s, though that is also a larger doll overall. The joints generally are made to move slowly, so that even though they are loose, she doesn't flop so much as gradually fall into place. It's a nice subtle touch that also allows for pretty realistic passive movement. I would say it is her back joint that I might wish were a bit tighter, as she has some tendency to fall forward or backward when not supported properly. The first owner was able to make several shots with her kneeling, so the legs are strong enough to support that.

Skin and flesh:
This is a real highlight feature. The softness of the skin is truly amazing and something to experience!
Her breasts are especially soft and a huge attraction. They do not jiggle much, but they do flop naturally (not as much as real, but some). As illustrated here and in videos made by DS, it has a memory foam quality in that it resists compression a bit, and also comes back a little slowly. I personally really like poking at her outer vaginal area, and it's kind of amazingly realistic feeling her under thin clothing in particular. Her butt is not super-softened like the breasts but about the same as the rest of her body, which is a very soft thinner layer with a harder foam underneath. Her belly, though, is quite soft, and this adds a lot to her realism. Overall, the silicone flesh is much softer than my 160cm doll from a different maker, and it also seems to harden less when cold. It maybe just squishes a little more slowly. There is a slight pleasant scent that could be innate to the material or might have been absorbed from the soap/perfume used by the previous owner. There is no leftover oily residue after handling.

Boooooobs!
Holy cow. Wow. One reason to buy this DS model is that it has the biggest boobs of any DS model, even though it is a smaller size body. If you are a boob guy, it's hard to ignore this one. It's kind of mind-blowing. My 100 cm had big boobs proportionately, but less so when you actually grab them. My 160 cm has relatively big ones for as slim as she is, about a handful each. This 145+ has boobs well more than a handful. And they are so much fun to squeeze and mush around. Last night, I was relaxing with my doll laying kind of laying on me, kind of on my lap, with her breasts leaning toward my chest, and they were moving as I was breathing. The cool thing was, it made it seem that she was breathing as well. They can certainly perform a boob job, but to me, just groping them and feeling them are a big turn on. They feel especially realistic under a thin layer of clothing and if she is warm. Her proportions really add to pushing her more to the fantasy side. It's honestly a little ridiculous looking if you are more interested in realism, but IMO they are glorious, and I wouldn't get a DS 145 without them. Paradoxically, though, when laying and snuggling in bed with her, it kind of counteracts the feeling that she is small, making her feel a bit more like a full size doll. I should also point out that the nipples are a decent meaty size and a bit long. They are very enjoyable, but if you ever wanted her to be dressed modestly, you'll need some barrier to keep them from poking out quite obviously. Overall, they kind of give even a Busty Aichan a run for their money, but in a different way. The BA is more jiggly and has a little different and more realistic feel, but it's also not attached to a body.

Skin color:
This was one of those things I really went back and forth about when I was thinking of a custom order. The "white" skin color of DS is not displayed much on their site, and when it was, it was usually with a 145 cm with the Nina head, as I recall. The European site has a nice section under "Info" and "Galleries" where you can see a bunch of photos from others orders, and again white was really hard to find. Thankfully, the seller had already posted many photos of this doll to give a sense of how it looked. The color is not absolute pure white, but it's close. You can see some fleshy tone if you put something pure white next to it, but otherwise it looks very white in contrast to colors. I find that she looks good in contrast to black and to bolder colors. Personally, I had been leaning toward light pink or cream if I were doing a custom order, in part to play it safe. Since I bought her as is, there was less need to fret over it. Now that I have her, I'm getting used to it quickly. I now think of her as a little sex vampire.

Painted skin:
Besides the base color, she has some areas that are enhanced with color: Her face has permanent smokey eye shadow in a dark brown color that looks great,and she has pink lips and inner mouth. (She also has a small darker pink tongue that is removable.) There are lighter pink areas on her hands, feet and groin, and quite bold pink/red nipples, especially in contrast to the pale base skin. Some of these areas are slowly peeling off. I don't mind this for the fingers, but I would probably try to repaint the nipples at some point when more of it has come off. I could reduce this by not playing with the nipples, but hey, I know myself. If I were ordering custom, I would probably ask for these enhancements to be lighter in intensity.

Eye color:
Another bold choice, but a fun one! DS eyes are not "recommended" to be changed because of the risk of damaging the eye area, but it can be done, as some on TDF have shown. DS has a video showing it done, but on one of the full size heads. My doll has a smaller version of the Kayla head, so it is probably even more perilous to pull the eye assembly out and put it back in. The eyes are very light and can appear as hazel in certain lighting. I would have probably chosen brown in a custom order (though I saw there used to be red - sadly no longer an option), as it to me would be more realistic. Purple eyes, along with white skin, and also the huge boobs, definitely put this doll in a more fantasy category.

Wig:
I have a bunch of wigs from my previous dolls, but she came with two, including the DS original black one that was cut to shoulder length. It feels silky and of high quality, quite better than some of the ones I have got from Amazon (granted, these are usually cheaper costume wigs). I will buy more as I like to switch this up. So far, she looks great in both natural and unnatural hair colors.

Head:
DS did the right thing when designing the head/neck attachment. It pops securely on, so you don't have to do the long and annoying screw-on process that can actually damage the silicone as well. The head rotates easily once attached, which has its pros and cons. It can potentially quickly rotate around too far, even backward, if you make sudden movements. I don't have anywhere to hang her (yet), but it's nice knowing this is a possibility for reasons of storage, experiencing her "standing", flying (?), or making her easier to dress. The size is small to match the body, her mouth is particularly small. You can still kiss her. She has teeth, so you can actually have her bite your tongue a bit. Also, you can get her to close her mouth, at least temporarily, by sucking the air out of it. The opening is very small, not made for oral function. This would be a nice added feature, but such doll heads tend to have bigger mouths, and DS has very few with this option. The small Kayla head is very pretty, however, more on the side of sexy than cute. In the color configuration I have, I find her to look a bit devilish and naughty.

Weight:
My 160 cm is 30kg or 66 pounds. The DS 145+ is 21 kg or 46 pounds. (These are the advertised numbers. I don't currently have a scale.) When I move her around, I am shocked at how easy it is, being used to my 160. When I first bathed her, I realized I could actually hold her upright in the shower without much trouble, and I can really carry her with one arm. That said, I usually carry her bridle style with both hands to be safe. Moving and flipping her around is easy, though you really begin to appreciate how top-heavy she is, especially with the loose spine joint. With my 160 I would always be worried about her arms and legs hitting things like doorways. With the DS 145+, I worry about her boobs a lot more. Also, for doorways or other narrow spaces, carrying her upright is much more viable than with a heavier doll. As with the other advantages of height mentioned above, the low weight is really nice, especially if you have back problems or other such issues. Also, in combination with her relatively soft exterior, she can lay on you (e.g. on the couch) without much discomfort.

Sex with inserts:
There are many posts about the pros and cons of inserts. As I said, in my case, it may become a necessity. My 100 cm doll had inserts, but the design was quite different, as those were kind of big tubes. The standard inserts for this doll (S type) are quite small. I have seen them in videos, but it's another thing in person. I could see these not even working for some. That said, once I got it in placed and lubed well, it worked out fine. They are super soft and stretchy, so probably the opening is the main issue. Unlike my 160 cm with a built-in vagina, the tightness is not as adjustable by moving the legs together and apart. They are color-matched to my doll, but the opening area is painted. They are closed end and have decent texture bumps. I am likely to try a B type insert, maybe a G even. I may also experiment with other makers' inserts or modify a fleshlight. When you are in the moment, there's no worries, but I'm sure this aspect could be improved. When not in play time, having the insert in or out doesn't matter much. I do find they take a while to dry out after cleaning. Notably, the middle the outer cavity is subject to tearing and thus has a cloth mesh for reinforcement. The cavity itself is sealed inside, so no worries about pushing through to metal like can happen in some other designs. Also, if it gets wet, it's not too hard to clean and dry out.

Anus?
Well, this is quite shallow with no texture. I feel this is more for a tease than the main event. I've only tried anal with fleshlights and dolls, but this clearly isn't that realistic. This, along with the lack of oral function, is something you just have to know about and have proper expectations.

Overall:
Overall, I am super impressed. The standout features are the skeleton (flexibility, articulation, and likelihood of long-term integrity) and the feel of the skin/flesh. This feel is really magnified by the giant boobs in this particular model. The most iffy thing is the insert functionality, and oral/anal fans won't be super happy. They eyes are well made and easy to move but not really made for easy switching. However, switching entire heads is easy. The butt is not extra soft or very big but is a cute bubble. If I were to get another doll, it would very likely be a DS.

I know this was long, but hopefully informative to anyone considering DS dolls or trying to decide between different options. Certainly, I should add some photos, here or another post. She just recently arrived, about 48 hours ago, so I haven't had a lot of time just yet, but this little doll has made a big impression.

Cheers

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: First impressions of a new DS owner

Post by Jimbofod »

Another minor point, but something kind of cool: If you lightly thump on her chest or back, it sounds similar to if you thump on a human chest, almost as if she had lungs in there. Surely there is lots of air inside due to the foam, so it makes sense when you think about it.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Congrats!
I have a 3 or 4 year old 145+ and her joints are still tight as hell. That is a good thing. DS ladies are fun and easy to clean. The inserts feel pretty good as well.
Have fun! :mrgreen:

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

This was Kat's response to my long post. Such sass.
Attachments
20180118_224023 3.jpg
20180118_224023 3.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 2044 times

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

gonestill77 wrote:Congrats!
I have a 3 or 4 year old 145+ and her joints are still tight as hell. That is a good thing. DS ladies are fun and easy to clean. The inserts feel pretty good as well.
Have fun! :mrgreen:

:glou:
Yes, I've seen her pics. You've got a wild bunch there! Kat is loose jointed but still has pretty strong legs. 3-4 years is quite encouraging. May she stay that way many 3-4-year periods more!

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Jimbo - Great review and impressions! Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

Regarding the inserts taking awhile to dry out... you need an aquarium pump if you don't already have one. I have this picture in my head of a guy drying out his doll's insert, and staring at his fish tank thinking: I might be able to circulate air in the tank with this thing too! I crack myself up. You can get pumps with two attachment points to dry more than one insert at a time if you ever find yourself in that situation too. :whistle:

I live with a DS163 and she is quite a treat. She's been here 3 years and all her joints remain tight enough to pose and stand as she always has. Guys that do frequent posing and photography have a more varied experience, but I give Doll Sweet very high marks for skeleton quality. My own doll gets posed to some degree almost daily. I'm a lifestyle guy so the only time my DS lady is in the bed is when I'm in it too. Bottom line: a winner for both durability and longevity.

Best of luck to you and Kat as the months turn into years! 8)

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Nice and informative write-up, thanks for taking the time and effort. :)
May you have a long and nice time together.
All the best.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

I got my ds 145 about 3 weeks ago and I was really surprised on how soft she is. She is my first silicone doll, and I dont own any tpe(probably never will), She is super fun to play with, I like her a lot, I did got her with stiff joints, and she is very pose able. The joints can be quite hard to move so I always have to be careful. Congrats on your doll and thank you for the great review!
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

I take it she'll be staying a while then?

Pretty cool review!

(Not sure Kat thinks so . . . )

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Paleonaturist wrote:I take it she'll be staying a while then?

Pretty cool review!

(Not sure Kat thinks so . . . )

~B.
Yup! Not sure I even have a choice in the matter. Here she is claiming her side of the bed.
Attachments
20180120_195941-picsay.jpg
20180120_195941-picsay.jpg (455.73 KiB) Viewed 1815 times

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

gunsmithcat wrote:I got my ds 145 about 3 weeks ago and I was really surprised on how soft she is. She is my first silicone doll, and I dont own any tpe(probably never will), She is super fun to play with, I like her a lot, I did got her with stiff joints, and she is very pose able. The joints can be quite hard to move so I always have to be careful. Congrats on your doll and thank you for the great review!
"I didn't know silicone could be this soft" - Eminem

Right, I don't see any reason to go with TPE after experiencing this. TPE can be even softer, I think, but it also feels different, more rubbery/bouncy, and oily. The other main pro of TPE, I think, is price, and also these days a ton of selection for doll types, sizes, faces. However, the cons are: no TPE maker has a skeleton like DS; smell; staining; difficulty in repairing damage; cannot be sterilized.

Yeah, I would have chosen tight joints had I ordered new, but for moving around in bed or cuddling on the couch, the looser joints are very easy to deal with, and generally she moves/falls into place realistically as well. With her heavy bust and the loose back joint, she almost always tends to fall forward or backward, so I have to watch out for that if I have her kneeling or sitting up unsupported.

Thanks, and congrats to you as well!

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

LaDollyVita wrote:Jimbo - Great review and impressions! Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

Regarding the inserts taking awhile to dry out... you need an aquarium pump if you don't already have one. I have this picture in my head of a guy drying out his doll's insert, and staring at his fish tank thinking: I might be able to circulate air in the tank with this thing too! I crack myself up. You can get pumps with two attachment points to dry more than one insert at a time if you ever find yourself in that situation too. :whistle:

I live with a DS163 and she is quite a treat. She's been here 3 years and all her joints remain tight enough to pose and stand as she always has. Guys that do frequent posing and photography have a more varied experience, but I give Doll Sweet very high marks for skeleton quality. My own doll gets posed to some degree almost daily. I'm a lifestyle guy so the only time my DS lady is in the bed is when I'm in it too. Bottom line: a winner for both durability and longevity.

Best of luck to you and Kat as the months turn into years! 8)
It does conjure quite an image! Thanks for the advice, and it's great to hear you're in 3 years strong already. This doll is so light that it really is easy to carry her around everywhere, but since she is loose jointed, there are limits to where she can be (needs a seat or bed to be on).

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

mi6c wrote:Nice and informative write-up, thanks for taking the time and effort. :)
May you have a long and nice time together.
All the best.
Thank you very much!

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Jimbofod wrote:
Yup! Not sure I even have a choice in the matter. Here she is claiming her side of the bed.
Hmm.

That leaves you with the space between Kat's thighs, yes?

You could do worse . . .

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Paleonaturist wrote:
Jimbofod wrote:
Hmm.

That leaves you with the space between Kat's thighs, yes?

You could do worse . . .

~B.
:thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS