exdollofficial.com

First doll DS163

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

padirem
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

First doll DS163

Post by padirem »

I decided to buy my first doll and pulled the trigger on DS163. I already sent the advance payment, so I thought this is my last chance to have more experienced doll owners to look over my decisions and if I did something stupid, to change any details.

After some research on TDF I decided on a silicone doll. TPE seemed less durable and harder to maintain. This already greatly reduced the number of possible manufacturers. Among them I looked at how attractive the faces were and DS heads looked much better than the heads of even the most expensive competitors.

While I am also getting the doll for sex, my primary reason for getting a doll is to see if it will spark any emotional reaction in me. I am a very introverted and solitary person and as I aged, my libido and overall emotions greatly decreased and I miss them. I suspect one of the reasons for that may be the lack of intimacy in my life, so when I read that some doll owners feel an emotional connection with their dolls and see them as companions, I was interested. People seem to have a tendency to attach themselves to inanimate objects (Weighted Companion Cube anyone?), what better to attach to than a doll?

So I will have the doll mainly for cuddling. I am not interested in oral or anal functions and DS does seem to sacrifice them in favor of looks, which is ideal for me. As for insert over built in, I suspect the trouble of cleaning a built in would reduce my motivation to use the doll, so insert it is. I was a bit worried about the reviews of DS inserts and their slippage, but recent reviews show that it is not as bad lately so I hope it will not be a big issue.

BODY
At first I intended to select the 145 body. I am attracted to both smaller and taller women, slim and small breasted. Some people recommended 145 for the first doll because of lower weight. But some people also noted that 145 was smaller than they expected. The other body that seemed attractive to me was 163. I looked at photos, but they do not retain a sense of scale. I tried to draw an outline of the doll based on photos and measurements on the web site, that helped a bit, although my calculations did not seem to fit their image of doll bodies comparison. I am curious how tall the doll will actually be. Anyway, I appreciate the information the DS web site has, the listing of bodies, heads, accessories and various helpful articles. That they even have photos with measurements. Competition web sites seem a confusing mess compared to DS.
In the end I realized that the smaller 145 trigger more my parenting instincts instead of sexual ones. TDF has several images of 145 with Nina head which I find absolutely adorable. It would be great to have one just for hugging, but I am not ready to spend so much resources just for that purpose. After seeing some model like girls on the streets in summer I thought tall girls do have their charm too, so if 163 does not feel small it will not matter that much. So my decision on 163 was set.

HEAD
From the beginning I had my eyes on the Kayla head. I just felt attracted to it, which is the most important thing. Its "cool beauty" style fits my submissive nature.
DS offers a free extra head for bigger bodies, so went ahead to select a second one. It proved to be a much harder decision. I wanted a "cute" alternative to the "cool beauty" Kayla and I could not decide between Jiayi, Jiaxin and Snowy. Different photos showed them with a very different level of attractiveness, so much so that two photos of the same head did not look like the same head at all. Some head comparison threads on TDF helped. I was ready to select Snowy, when I saw photos of the Tyra head with a lighter skin color from some customer (just google images for Cloud Climax Tyra). On DS web site Tyra head looks incredibly realistic, real work of art. But I am just not attracted to that skin color, nothing personal. The customer photos just clicked with me like with Kayla. So I decided Kayla is cute enough and selected Tyra as a second head. DS does not offer Tyra as an extra head, but I suspect it is just the web page not being up to date, which is seen in several details on the site. However they offer Kayla as an extra head, so I just selected Tyra as the main one and Kayla as the extra.
I read that DS started to make the heads from harder silicone for better looks of makeup at the expense of the feeling of touch, which is not what I want. So I was careful to specify that I want the softer silicone for the heads and fortunately John had no problem with it.

SKIN COLOR
I chose pink for the body and heads.

EYE COLOR
For Kayla I selected blue color and for Tyra purple color. I know, crazy, but the purple eyes seemed pretty. I guess they would better fit a pale skinned elf face with a silver or purple wig, but some anime characters also pulled off blonde hair and purple eyes combination, so I just went with it. I even edited Tyra image with the purple eyes to see how it would look, and it was not a disaster.

JOINT TYPE
Tight joints. Loose joints would have been nice for hugging, but to be able to hold a pose should make the doll more life like. I considered a standing feet option, but John warned me against it and I chose to listen. So I also ordered the doll stand, this way she can not only stand, but also I will not have to support her. It also solves some storage concerns, since I do not have a space in the closet to fit the whole body. I also wanted to order the doll hook just to be sure, but I was happy to learn from John that the doll hook is included in the doll stand. As a side note, the doll stand cannot be shipped with the doll, so it will arrive in a separate box. Oh well, at least the doll will be safer.

FINGER BONES
Yes. Not sure how durable they are, but hand holding is important to me and wires they say also have durability issues with pokes, so I see little reason not to select the bones.

FINGER NAILS
No. I went with paint since I read the nails can damage the doll.

PUBES
None.

WIG
I went with black long and brown short. It was not really what I wanted, I will probably buy some blond wigs from European DS vendor. I have to make other shopping anyway, since DS cannot send repair kits due to restrictions on transportation of liquids from China.

CLOTHES
DS web site mentions clothing, but does not offer any. I read that DS dolls is known as EXDoll internally in China with different catalog, so I suspected it may refer to that. I asked John and luckily he offered me some options. I selected white police uniform, nurse uniform and a flight attendant uniform. Doll owners wrote that shopping for clothes is a PITA, I would be quite embarrassed to do so myself, so at least I will have something to start with. And I am a sucker for women in uniform. Hopefully they will know best what sizes fit the doll.

INSERTS
I decided to order extra B type inserts just to be sure, it seem to be the best fit. I also ordered one G type insert just to try it, even though I suspect it will be too tight. If I had to order inserts later, the shipping costs would not make it ideal, so I thought better err on the more side.

PAYMENT
I considered paying with Paypal, but then I learned about their borderline criminal currency conversion practices. They seem to profit greatly on their bad conversion rates and push them whenever possible. If I payed like I intended transferring USD to Paypal and then paid in USD, it seems they would have converted the money to my local currency and then back into USD, raising their 4.4% fee probably close to 10%. That is not what I am willing to tolerate, it seems they will not allow me not to use at least one currency conversion on their side without using a credit card.
So I chose a bank transfer, I hope this will not turn into a nightmare.

That's it. Now comes the waiting.

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: First doll DS163

Post by Willendorph »

Excellent choice. I'm glad you requested the softer silicone heads as it makes a huge difference. I have the finger wires on my doll and I've had no damage or problems with them. I'm quite careful with her hands, but the DS wires are quite sturdy and thick.

The thing with emotional attachment is that it can kind of creep up on you. She starts out as a precious expensive object and then one day out of nowhere starts to become a lot more! Other people have felt it from the start.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

I have a DS163+ and I a Kayla head too! The emotional bond will only happen as you care for your doll. Above all be careful. Its very easy for a new owner to scratch or even cut her skin a sharp edge. PS is resilient to a lot. But just be careful.

Take your time. And be ready for the weight. A DS163 isn't a light doll. But any PS in this height range will be about the same.

If you have any questions or need advice, TDF is a great resource.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Greetings and welcome.
It is rare these days for a newbie to actually spend the time on thorough research and make careful decisions after evaluating their own needs. :thumbs_up:
My chapeau is off to you, very well done.

From my point of view you made excellent choices. :angel:

My best wishes she will arrive in perfect condition and live up to your expectations.

Given your initial research it is easy to assume you did the same on the initial time once she is there, but just in case:
Take your time, take things in in slow motion, carefully check out, gentle moves ... she's not leaving, no need to rush and chances are the more care you show initially the longer lasting and emotionally good the relationship will be.

All the best.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Welcome padirem!
You have made an excellent choice. I have 2 163’s (used to be called 168). That’s how much I like the 163 sculpt.
If you have not done so already, be sure to check out my and haremlovers sticky’s in the DS section. They will help you in handling your doll safely.
Lots of tricks for handling the weight, which I find to be no problem, but would not want them to weight any more. Moving her on the bed is best done by putting her on a towel and moving the towel, not her. I carry them in bridal fashion, with hands in their lap and knees bent. Doorways can be tricky. Watch out for sharp edges on the door openings and mind her feet. Those long beautiful legs extend way out there. LOL.
I have a 2013 hard silicone and a 2015 soft silicone version. The 2013 can safely stand on her own, but the 2015 needs ankle support, so I use high top sneakers when she stands.
Best of luck. Be sure to keep us updated. :)
Regards,
Jiayi

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

It's really great for people to bounce ideas off us before buying!

The 163 is a charm and perhaps you might have seen Coverdoll last month https://coverdoll.com/drupal/node/2694

She's a real person . . .

and real people warm to her

and for photography she's one of my favourite dolls, a great compromise between height and weight.

Lying on top of her for missionary position in bed, my lady has her leg bones too near to the skin for my comfort so I prefer more padded thighs. The 160 is still elegant but has that slightly better padding. However this might be because my 160 and 163 are the older harder silicone and the newer softer silicone might make this aspect better.

If the person of the doll is what you're looking for then the 163 is fantastic and Tyra as a fashion model will go very well with this body. I associate Tyra with that taller image.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

BigSpender
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by BigSpender »

I would like my first doll soon , I was drawn to cheaper makes like dollhouse and piper to test the water . I usually like to buy quality over value , are these more expensive dolls that much better?

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

DS dolls are the best skeletons in the business. Superb pleasure to operate - move.

The 158 is one of the best sex dolls of all, well padded. The EVO has brought pleasure to many although I haven't met one yet.

The advantage of silicone is that it's fundamentally a better material than TPE and DS silicone is soft.. Stains come out and tend not to be permanent and any tears are repairable in contrast to the difficulties that you'll read about with TPE

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

padirem
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by padirem »

Thank you all for the advice. My advance payment arrived and they started making my doll.

BigSpender, I also prefer quality. I decided to invest in research and I spent much time reading posts on TDF to identify my needs, partly because I would not have much space for a doll just to try it out. And even cheaper ones are not so cheap. The main reason I did not choose a cheaper doll is because they are TPE and it does not seem to last as much as silicone and it is harder to maintain. I hope my doll will last me many years, so in long term it should be cheaper.

BigSpender
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by BigSpender »

Thanks guys for your feedback, valid point indeed about longevity. There seems a lot of damaged dolls in the for sale section . A bit alarming. .....

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

People receiving a DS doll tend to treasure them.

They are more than sex and become toy people in their own right.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

padirem
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by padirem »

Not yet. They did finish the doll few days ago, but it may still take a few weeks for my final payment to arrive + shipping.

Up2myneck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Up2myneck »

padirem wrote:Thank you all for the advice. My advance payment arrived and they started making my doll.

BigSpender, I also prefer quality. I decided to invest in research and I spent much time reading posts on TDF to identify my needs, partly because I would not have much space for a doll just to try it out. And even cheaper ones are not so cheap. The main reason I did not choose a cheaper doll is because they are TPE and it does not seem to last as much as silicone and it is harder to maintain. I hope my doll will last me many years, so in long term it should be cheaper.
Hi padirem,
Congratulations on your choice of doll - you certainly have done plenty of research!

The DS range has always been out of my own budget, but maybe one day :roll:
That combination you have chosen is probably what I would have gone for too!

I have had 3 silicone dolls, from other brands, and I'm getting a 4th in the near future because I found out a few years ago that silicone is indeed a great material. Much better than my experiences with TPE.

Looking forward to some pics of your new lady(both heads), when she arrives :wink:

Cheers,
Up2

Calvin42
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Calvin42 »

I got my first doll a year ago. She has been amazing. The one thing I had difficulty with with that I wanted to buy her several sets of clothes, and clothes aren't cheep. Then I discovered Salvation Army. On Wednesday's I could get a $45.00 shirt for $1.50. I just figured out her sizes and now she has more clothes than my sister's Barbie.

One note, if you do go the used rout, I put mine in a trash bag full of moth killer for a week before bringing them into the house. "Fumigating," is wise since they have been thrown into piles with other clothes from all over.

Have fun with your new doll!

INFORMATIONS