www.beautiful-dolls.com

Dagmar or Realistic Anime?

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Dagmar or Realistic Anime?

Post by Diaval »

LuvAnimeGirlz wrote:Also, be sure to check for issues of color transfer from the stocking as well if going with high color saturation (vivid or deep colored red, black, blue, etc). I recently had some black color from a swimsuit string bleed onto the Dagmar skin. I used a Shout laundry stick to get some of the stain out (but the brushing roughed the skin slightly on that area). I also used some benzoyl peroxide acne medication and some UV light to help fade the remaining stain spot. Not sure if this will also lighten the skin material, so be cautious if attempting this as it may cause a faded spot or worse in either of the 2 cases. I should've tested all parts of the clothing before leaving on the dagmar for a couple of months directly on the skin. The rest of the swimsuit had no issues, just one string on the abdomen made from a different material that I did not think to check. Normally I rub a piece of damp cloth across the clothing with decent pressure (if the clothing seems durable enough to take it). Then I follow up with some isopropyl alcohol on a towel to do the same test. If there isn't any color transfer, then I consider it good for long term storage. White color clothing gets an auto exception from this rule.
Wow! So far I was under the impression that the fabric dolls didn't have problems with color bleed off like Silicone and TPE dolls would, but apparently your experience proves otherwise. So that would bring up the next question...do you know of particular brands or materials of clothing to look out for when it comes to darker colors. Given the light color of the 'skin' naturally darker colors look better on her. What makes matters worse, on light skin I usually like black. I think I am definitely going to go with the more pink skin color of Dagmar so there is some contrast to the light colors as this is kind of 'scaring' me a bit to stick with a white, cream, a pink or light pastel color on her for her first outfits as there is a less of a chance for bleed off.

BTW, when you ordered your doll, did you ask Joy if the doll's skin could be replaced if it gets stained, tears, etc? I would think so since I have heard many say that her skin has a zipper on the back. In fact, could take a picture of her back? I want to see the zipper. There were some outfits I was looking at for her in which the back is open. If the zipper is large and rather unsightly, then a bodysuit that covers the back would probably look better.
My default outfit I use for the Dagmar doll to protect the skin:

Legs: white nylon or cotton thigh high stockings (also provides protection if some zipped faux leather thigh highs are put over them). Over that, some faux white leather thigh highs (modified from faux leather chaps / garter belted stockings).
Oh definitely thigh high stockings and here I am more flexible with the colors. Even though I do like black stockings the best, I am more flexible here. White tends to define the shape more and makes the leg details stand out. What is also nice is a cream color or actual skin tone, that would make her legs look more realistic, especially in a short skirt. One thing is that I LOVE shiny stockings...especially in black, but again, white and skin tone also looks good shiny.

Not sure what you mean about leather thigh highs, but I am assuming you mean boots and yeah, that is a given...I would never put boots on ANY doll without socks or stockings. I know footwear does put pressure on the feet and leaves marks on light clothing.
Arms: For coverage over most of the arms, some opera or elbow length gloves. Can be fingerless, but fingers are now exposed and may get scratched when sleeping. Can layer them. For more coverage maybe a long sleeve swimsuit. Gloves a easier to put on and take off than a form fitting long sleeve swimsuit though.
I happen to LOVE opera gloves. This was one of the things my wife would never wear for me and I really like them with halter style tops / dresses or strapless dresses. They give more or less an off shoulder look. I like them very high too...reaching the point where (on a real woman) the shoulders round off to the middle of the upper arm. I also like it when they have a pointed hem. The more stretchy and form fitting the gloves the better. This is definitely a staple and more or less I would have her in gloves like this most of the time. It certainly will give her arms protection.
Shoulders: This is a bit tricky finding something to cover them. Since I leave the Dagmar to the side of me, I don't worry much about the shoulders as much. A long sleeved top or a short sleeve top with long gloves would cover the shoulders though. A figure skating top or dance top might also work as well.
This might be an issue for me as I do love bare shoulders on a woman and I am CONSTANTLY rubbing the shoulders of my wife. So I think this is an area that will possible get darker from handling in time, no matter what. The only way around it it is if I would put her in nude or skin tone colored leotard or unitard like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Sleeve-Bo ... crotchless

Then with something like this on, I could put the opera gloves over this. Then I could even choose black gloves and also a dark colored top and stockings.
Chest / Abdomen / Butt: A one piece swimsuit, teddy, bodysuit, short or long sleeved top, long sleeve swimsuit, dress, and evening gown are all possible options here. A skin tight catsuit or full bodysuit would also work (think Metroid Samus style skin tight bodysuit). Again, check for color bleed of clothing, especially for tight fitting ones. The cheaper newly bought clothing seems to be more of an issue. The back is less of an issue leaving exposed for me, since I leave the doll on her back which is now protected by the bed sheets. Can also use a chemise, babydoll, or some other lightweight lingerie to provide a layer of protection from scratches depending on how many holes are in it and the hole size.
How would those 'bodystockings' fair?

https://www.amazon.com/QueensHot-Linger ... 655HF&th=1

I know they are more of a mesh or a 'net' style. This does allow the original 'skin' color to show through, but I am not sure if this would offer enough protection. Have you used anyything like this before? If so, have you used darker colors?

I really like this one:

But it looks like it only comes in black.
Butt / Upper Thigh / Thigh: Skirt, petticoat, showgirl skirt (partial coverage around the legs but may leave a section open). Mini-skirts, mini petticoats and other shorter length coverage clothing will probably meet right with a long pair of thigh highs. If skirt or petticoat is made of mesh,
Dresses are another area I do want to get into as well. There are so many nice dresses that I would like to put on her. But I know things such as length has to be taken into consideration on top of everything else. But for certain, short skirts and thigh high stockings will be a must. I think here I would have her in a 'nude' leotard underneath for the upper body and white thigh highs for the legs. Then just about any mini dress on top would work. More then likely with shiny white stockings, I would have a nice black outfit on top.
Some example pictures:
(The purple teddy Dreamgirl brand was tested for stains before hand and didn't leave black marks after a couple of months. Another generic swimsuit with black straps did, but only from one portion. The long sleeve swimsuit is by Realise. No stain issues either.
I do like the outfits you dressed your doll with and was going to ask you about them. I love the way the swimsuit fits so well on her body...nice and tight looking conforming to her body shape. The cutouts for the legs on that swimsuit are awesome! I will remember the company name for the swimsuit. I would want to try something darker though.
The PVC bunny suit metal grommets I had to apply some silicone coating over them to fill and cover the cracks in the metal. FYI, I had to get 2 sets of wigs to do the hairstyle in the pictures. 1 for the base, and 1 that I had to cut in half and use some large claw style hair clips (filed edges down) to create the pony tails / twin tails)
I am not fond of the PVC and when I saw the grommets I was thinking the same thing. The reverse side of those grommets usually have sharp edges on them. I do like the bunny ears though. Where did you get those? Do you have a bunny tail for her too? I probably will make a bunny outfit for her too based on this outfit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0754KH551/_e ... FUWB7KZL6V

Finish that off with opera gloves, shiny stockings, ears and a tail...I think she would be one hot little bunny!

I can't believe how I am getting into this. I think it is because this is all stuff my wife would NEVER wear for me. I know for sure I will have a lot of fun buying clothes for her.

So I think this is going to be it. I am going to go with Dagmar with the silicone head.

Thank you for the input on the clothing and if you have any more advice, I would appreciate it. Even though Dagmar is much cheaper than a silicone or TPE doll, I DO want her to last a long time.

Diaval

LuvAnimeGirlz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LuvAnimeGirlz »

@ Diaval
BTW, when you ordered your doll, did you ask Joy if the doll's skin could be replaced if it gets stained, tears, etc? I would think so since I have heard many say that her skin has a zipper on the back. In fact, could take a picture of her back? I want to see the zipper. There were some outfits I was looking at for her in which the back is open. If the zipper is large and rather unsightly, then a bodysuit that covers the back would probably look better.
I didn't check when ordering. There was some fading on the skin when I used the benzoyl peroxide acne cream to remove the stain, but it blends better than a dark mark. I think the skin is replaceable but it requires sewing around the breasts, at the butt, and at the crotch inside the vaginal cavity. I may check later on if there is a way to have the doll shipped back to have the skin redone if the skin gets damaged enough. Attached below is a picture of the backside on the fabric anime dolls. 2 different versions, a 165cm Dagmar and 160cm Anime Deluxe. Note the backside zipper running to about mid back and then another seam running down the butt crack area.
Backside. Irina (Dagmar) on left.  Sena (Anime Deluxe) on right.
Backside. Irina (Dagmar) on left. Sena (Anime Deluxe) on right.
_IGP7857.jpg (925.82 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
Wow! So far I was under the impression that the fabric dolls didn't have problems with color bleed off like Silicone and TPE dolls would, but apparently your experience proves otherwise. So that would bring up the next question...do you know of particular brands or materials of clothing to look out for when it comes to darker colors. Given the light color of the 'skin' naturally darker colors look better on her. What makes matters worse, on light skin I usually like black. I think I am definitely going to go with the more pink skin color of Dagmar so there is some contrast to the light colors as this is kind of 'scaring' me a bit to stick with a white, cream, a pink or light pastel color on her for her first outfits as there is a less of a chance for bleed off.
The skin color of the Dagmar I got is pink. I also put gloves or some type of covering under the darker clothing. The darker clothing tends to be short term items that only stay on for a photo shoot. Wet clothing also seems to transfer color more as well. Here's a pink colored outfit.
light pink swimsuit
light pink swimsuit
_IGP7699_edit.jpg (859.94 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
Not sure what you mean about leather thigh highs, but I am assuming you mean boots and yeah, that is a given...I would never put boots on ANY doll without socks or stockings. I know footwear does put pressure on the feet and leaves marks on light clothing.
I wasn't exactly sure what to call them since there are not any soles or hard section on the ones I bought. They were shipped from Japan (overseas shipping is pricey, but when you really want an item, ship along with some other items to make it worthwhile). Here's a picture of it. They tend to show up a lot on the photos I take since they work well in protecting the legs. I modified them slightly and they were a set of chaps before I trimmed and sewed along the top.
faux leather zip thigh highs
faux leather zip thigh highs
_IGP7189_edit.jpg (825.96 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
How would those 'bodystockings' fair?

I know they are more of a mesh or a 'net' style. This does allow the original 'skin' color to show through, but I am not sure if this would offer enough protection. Have you used anyything like this before? If so, have you used darker colors?

I really like this one:

But it looks like it only comes in black.
Not sure on the mesh ones. I haven't tried those before. I have a black one by Realise which is the same material as their swimsuits. I've left one of the purple colored swimsuits on for over a month and no color transfer. It also passed my color bleed tests as well.
https://www.sleequemystique.com/2-piece ... k-red-navy
I do like the outfits you dressed your doll with and was going to ask you about them. I love the way the swimsuit fits so well on her body...nice and tight looking conforming to her body shape. The cutouts for the legs on that swimsuit are awesome! I will remember the company name for the swimsuit. I would want to try something darker though.
There are darker colors as well. I like how the Japanese swimsuits have high leg cuts on them.
I am not fond of the PVC and when I saw the grommets I was thinking the same thing. The reverse side of those grommets usually have sharp edges on them. I do like the bunny ears though. Where did you get those? Do you have a bunny tail for her too?
I got them from Amazon.co.jp, but they didn't ship international for that item. I already had a forwarding address set up for anime figures, so it wasn't too bad via using Chrome's Google translate to help order. I think the name is Fun Club or Club Fun for the brand. Their metallic type items seem to color transfer, but the whites are fine. The PVC or faux leather blacks and PVC reds I would only leave on for short term. There's some resellers on the US Amazon that do ship to the US, which might come out cheaper if it is a single item shipment. They do come with the tail too. They also make the long gloves and thigh highs.
https://www.amazon.com/fabric-genuine-b ... 15&sr=8-50

FYI the Dagmar seems to fit the women's medium size a bit tight (which caused some ripping of the PVC at the seams and which I had to repair with PVC friendly clear tape). The medium size does work well with the 160cm anime deluxe frame though. On the 165cm, its really tight, but that's also a big positive too!

I probably will make a bunny outfit for her too based on this outfit:

Finish that off with opera gloves, shiny stockings, ears and a tail...I think she would be one hot little bunny!

I can't believe how I am getting into this. I think it is because this is all stuff my wife would NEVER wear for me. I know for sure I will have a lot of fun buying clothes for her.

So I think this is going to be it. I am going to go with Dagmar with the silicone head.

Thank you for the input on the clothing and if you have any more advice, I would appreciate it. Even though Dagmar is much cheaper than a silicone or TPE doll, I DO want her to last a long time.
The link you provided has is see through on top, and opaque at the crotch (I can confirm that one because I bought that item before in black from Aliexpress). I didn't see any color wash out during the wash process, but haven't put that item on the doll yet. Regarding the tail, the Fun Club bunny outfit I mentioned uses velcro/hook loop to secure the tail onto patches on the back side. I removed the stitching and removed the hook and loop tape area since it would potentially snag the doll fabric (fabric is close enough to those lightweight breathable clothing that I have snagged before on jacket velcro). You could possibly attach a cloth loop and then attach the tail onto that as a safer method. I just chose to leave the tail off.

As for the combo of opera gloves (I put a fingerless one that had the loop over the middle finger over the regular opera gloves), thigh highs, (tail left off due to issue described above), and ears:
_IGP8144.jpg
_IGP8144.jpg (777.29 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
_IGP8140.jpg
_IGP8140.jpg (342.35 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
_IGP8138.jpg
_IGP8138.jpg (353.4 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
_IGP8136.jpg
_IGP8136.jpg (364.31 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
_IGP8120.jpg
_IGP8120.jpg (360.28 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
_IGP8116.jpg
_IGP8116.jpg (341.27 KiB) Viewed 3019 times

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

LuvAnimeGirlz wrote:@ Diaval
I didn't check when ordering. There was some fading on the skin when I used the benzoyl peroxide acne cream to remove the stain, but it blends better than a dark mark. I think the skin is replaceable but it requires sewing around the breasts, at the butt, and at the crotch inside the vaginal cavity. I may check later on if there is a way to have the doll shipped back to have the skin redone if the skin gets damaged enough. Attached below is a picture of the backside on the fabric anime dolls. 2 different versions, a 165cm Dagmar and 160cm Anime Deluxe. Note the backside zipper running to about mid back and then another seam running down the butt crack area.
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the stitching in those areas. More than likely it is a body stocking itself and then they stitch it down in those areas to give a more realistic shape when the doll is 'naked'. Those zippers are very concealed. I like that. I thought it would be more noticeable than that.
The skin color of the Dagmar I got is pink. I also put gloves or some type of covering under the darker clothing. The darker clothing tends to be short term items that only stay on for a photo shoot. Wet clothing also seems to transfer color more as well. Here's a pink colored outfit.
I would get the pick with Dagmar as well. At least it is something to contrast the white color of most of the outfits I probably will end up putting in direct contact of her skin.
I wasn't exactly sure what to call them since there are not any soles or hard section on the ones I bought.
That is interesting. They are like boots but without the hard part. I guess you could call it a 'soft boot' or legging as you put it.
Not sure on the mesh ones. I haven't tried those before. I have a black one by Realise which is the same material as their swimsuits. I've left one of the purple colored swimsuits on for over a month and no color transfer. It also passed my color bleed tests as well.
https://www.sleequemystique.com/2-piece ... k-red-navy
They look great, but WOW they are expensive! I would certainly have to look into cheaper alternatives, but perhaps I would get one swimsuit or bodysuit like that as they certainly look nice. I do like the one you have on your doll. I like the tight look on her.
There are darker colors as well. I like how the Japanese swimsuits have high leg cuts on them.
Agreed. I like them as well. I certainly wish they made women's dresses with leg splits that high. Hmmmm, I guess they do:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... UY679_.jpg
I am not fond of the PVC and when I saw the grommets I was thinking the same thing. The reverse side of those grommets usually have sharp edges on them. I do like the bunny ears though. Where did you get those? Do you have a bunny tail for her too?
I got them from Amazon.co.jp, but they didn't ship international for that item. I already had a forwarding address set up for anime figures, so it wasn't too bad via using Chrome's Google translate to help order. I think the name is Fun Club or Club Fun for the brand. Their metallic type items seem to color transfer, but the whites are fine. The PVC or faux leather blacks and PVC reds I would only leave on for short term. There's some resellers on the US Amazon that do ship to the US, which might come out cheaper if it is a single item shipment. They do come with the tail too. They also make the long gloves and thigh highs.
https://www.amazon.com/fabric-genuine-b ... 15&sr=8-50
Oh so this was a set then. Did you use the black fishnet stockings? Or were you worried about them staining the doll?
FYI the Dagmar seems to fit the women's medium size a bit tight (which caused some ripping of the PVC at the seams and which I had to repair with PVC friendly clear tape). The medium size does work well with the 160cm anime deluxe frame though. On the 165cm, its really tight, but that's also a big positive too!
Yes, I have noticed that Dagmar doesn't follow through normal sizes with certain outfits. Her bust and waist run small to medium where as her hips run medium to large. She is more pear shaped. While I have looked at the Anime deluxe doll, I wasn't fond of the silicone head they have pictured with the doll on the Beautiful Dolls site. The realistic head for the Dagmar doll looks way nicer. Also, I looked at both dolls and I believe you showed a comparison of the two. The mid section on Dagmar is much fuller and curvier than the Anime Deluxe. With that PVC outfit, I can see how nicely it fills out the lower section. But more so, with the Realise swimsuit, that area on her looks REALLY good. Which is why I mentioned the leg cutouts. There is no doubt in mind that I prefer Dagmar over the Anime Deluxe. She's got a nicer butt too!
I probably will make a bunny outfit for her too based on this outfit:

The link you provided has is see through on top, and opaque at the crotch (I can confirm that one because I bought that item before in black from Aliexpress). I didn't see any color wash out during the wash process, but haven't put that item on the doll yet.

Oh! So you have that same exact outfit? I liked it mainly because it is white and it is also a one size fits all. It is probably one of the first items I will buy when I put my order in for a doll. Naturally in while like that, I thought of adding a tail, bunny ears and I am already going to get white suspended stockings...so I could have a bunny too! LOL!
Regarding the tail, the Fun Club bunny outfit I mentioned uses velcro/hook loop to secure the tail onto patches on the back side. I removed the stitching and removed the hook and loop tape area since it would potentially snag the doll fabric (fabric is close enough to those lightweight breathable clothing that I have snagged before on jacket velcro). You could possibly attach a cloth loop and then attach the tail onto that as a safer method. I just chose to leave the tail off.
Oh yeah...that would be a problem. But you have a good solution to get around that.
As for the combo of opera gloves (I put a fingerless one that had the loop over the middle finger over the regular opera gloves), thigh highs, (tail left off due to issue described above), and ears:
Oh! I didn't even noticed that at first until you pointed it out that she has two sets of gloves on. I was thinking about that with a bodysuit and going with dark fingerless gloves over the bodysuit. But it did have me wondering if the small middle finger strap would leave a stain. I mean, it wouldn't be that bad to clean a small stain like that off. Of course putting a latex glove on first and then the fingerless glove over that would give the hand more protection...since bodysuits usually do not cover the hands, even though I have seen many that cover the feet.

Well, I will say that with all the information that I have gathered the past since September when I signed up, I think Dagmar is going to be my future lady.

Thank you for the info!

Thanks to everyone that helped me out so far!

I hope to get an order in soon as I know it takes a month to get a fabric doll from Beautiful Dolls. I want to make sure I get her before the holidays as I have the second week off in December for my vacation :). It will be a good vacation indeed!

Diaval

LuvAnimeGirlz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LuvAnimeGirlz »

Agreed. I like them as well. I certainly wish they made women's dresses with leg splits that high. Hmmmm, I guess they do:
For a dress with high slits, you might be looking for the term "maxi dress". There is also gowns / dresses like this one
http://www.wickedtemptations.com/standa ... -gown.html (FYI the black had some color release off of it along with lots of bits of clothing particles (like the ones from sweatshirts, but white will probably be fine.)

or something like this
http://www.wickedtemptations.com/standa ... -gown.html (Color did not seem to come out in the wash, but haven't tried it on the doll yet).

They also have sales on swimsuits, but the o-rings are open instead of welded closed on some of them (side strap to front/rear panel connection points). As long as it isn't a metallic finish and just plain spandex, I haven't had a staining issue or color transfer.
Oh so this was a set then. Did you use the black fishnet stockings? Or were you worried about them staining the doll?
The fishnets didn't come with the set. I did buy some separately from Amazon.com and ran them through the color bleed tests.
They look great, but WOW they are expensive! I would certainly have to look into cheaper alternatives, but perhaps I would get one swimsuit or bodysuit like that as they certainly look nice.

I do like the one you have on your doll. I like the tight look on her.
They can be found on Ebay, Amazon, and Rakuten as well, but prices will vary.
Yes, I have noticed that Dagmar doesn't follow through normal sizes with certain outfits. Her bust and waist run small to medium where as her hips run medium to large. She is more pear shaped. While I have looked at the Anime deluxe doll, I wasn't fond of the silicone head they have pictured with the doll on the Beautiful Dolls site. The realistic head for the Dagmar doll looks way nicer. Also, I looked at both dolls and I believe you showed a comparison of the two. The mid section on Dagmar is much fuller and curvier than the Anime Deluxe. With that PVC outfit, I can see how nicely it fills out the lower section. But more so, with the Realise swimsuit, that area on her looks REALLY good. Which is why I mentioned the leg cutouts. There is no doubt in mind that I prefer Dagmar over the Anime Deluxe. She's got a nicer butt too!
I have one of each (the Anime Deluxe came first and was an older generation, then I got the Dagmar later on). The anime deluxe is easier to carry with a pivoting spine (pivots in 1 location, but the newer ones may not have it). The Dagmar has what seems to be a flexible spine, but does not hold a bent over position as much. This also makes carrying the Dagmar a little more difficult in conjunction with the few extra pounds. For the Dagmar, due to the bigger hip and butt area, I decided to go with size E breasts (which was the size you saw in the pictures) so that it would help even out the upper and lower numbers.

Oh! So you have that same exact outfit? I liked it mainly because it is white and it is also a one size fits all. It is probably one of the first items I will buy when I put my order in for a doll. Naturally in while like that, I thought of adding a tail, bunny ears and I am already going to get white suspended stockings...so I could have a bunny too! LOL!
I got the item in black hoping the bodysuit would look completely even. The black seems to mask the fact that the crotch area is lined, but it is still a little see-through.
They look great, but WOW they are expensive! I would certainly have to look into cheaper alternatives, but perhaps I would get one swimsuit or bodysuit like that as they certainly look nice. I do like the one you have on your doll. I like the tight look on her.
I default to white when I don't know if it will bleed color (if I haven't bought anything from that brand or if it is a generic one).

Yep, it is about 1 month of time after ordering. You can also order a separate head as well if you want different style eyes (which you can specify). I also have a repair article posted on TDF regarding how to go about fixing a loose elbow. Someone else on here repaired a knee, but I don't remember if there were photos.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Update: I finally pulled the trigger... Last night I put my order in for a Dagmar Doll with Beautiful Dolls. I am getting her with the realistic silicone head!!
LuvAnimeGirlz wrote:
For a dress with high slits, you might be looking for the term "maxi dress". There is also gowns / dresses like this one
http://www.wickedtemptations.com/standa ... -gown.html (FYI the black had some color release off of it along with lots of bits of clothing particles (like the ones from sweatshirts, but white will probably be fine.)
Wow! This company sure has nice stuff. I bookmarked them. Oh, but you had problems with the darker clothing?
or something like this
http://www.wickedtemptations.com/standa ... -gown.html (Color did not seem to come out in the wash, but haven't tried it on the doll yet).
That one is pretty nice. I like that one. But I guess if their stuff sheds or stains, then I am probably going to have to stick with white. In fact I think I am going to stick with white and natural fibers initially until I know what I am doing. Also a full unitard / bodystocking would be in order...then if I get darker colored clothing that will prevent stains.
They also have sales on swimsuits, but the o-rings are open instead of welded closed on some of them (side strap to front/rear panel connection points). As long as it isn't a metallic finish and just plain spandex, I haven't had a staining issue or color transfer.
Do you have examples of darker items that you bought from them that works well? So anything straight up Spandex and not a blend will work?
The fishnets didn't come with the set. I did buy some separately from Amazon.com and ran them through the color bleed tests.
Oh, Ok. I thought you got it as a set when you posted the Amazon link.
They look great, but WOW they are expensive! I would certainly have to look into cheaper alternatives, but perhaps I would get one swimsuit or bodysuit like that as they certainly look nice.

I do like the one you have on your doll. I like the tight look on her.
They can be found on Ebay, Amazon, and Rakuten as well, but prices will vary.
Yeah, buying from the site, the Realise stuff is very expensive.
I have one of each (the Anime Deluxe came first and was an older generation, then I got the Dagmar later on). The anime deluxe is easier to carry with a pivoting spine (pivots in 1 location, but the newer ones may not have it). The Dagmar has what seems to be a flexible spine, but does not hold a bent over position as much. This also makes carrying the Dagmar a little more difficult in conjunction with the few extra pounds. For the Dagmar, due to the bigger hip and butt area, I decided to go with size E breasts (which was the size you saw in the pictures) so that it would help even out the upper and lower numbers.
Yeah, I been hearing about the springy spine on the Dagmar. On the Anime Deluxe how does the pivoting spine make carrying her easier? BTW, Dagmar can be posed in a seated position, right?

I am not really a guy that is into large breasts. I like them on the smaller side. B-cup is my favorite, but C is good too. I am more into the neckline, shoulders and arms on a woman...and of course collarbones. I know that this area is usually lacking in detail on most fabric dolls, but Dagmar does look to have nice arms and shoulders. I will admit that I do have a shoulder and collarbone fetish! Oh! I wanted to ask you if you noticed any kind of detailing in the neckline area. Some say that Dagmar has collarbone details. Since you have the doll, you would know best.

So outside of the neckline, arms and shoulders, the next area of interest are the legs. I am NOT fond of very thin legs on a woman. To me that is just as bad as overly heavy legs. But legs that have a little bit of thickness to them I like. A curving waist to hips is also a plus. Dagmar fills these areas nicely and your pictures confirm this. The PVC bunny suit looks FAR better on her than the Anime Deluxe.
I got the item in black hoping the bodysuit would look completely even. The black seems to mask the fact that the crotch area is lined, but it is still a little see-through.
Understood, but you said that the black didn't past the bleeding color test?
Yep, it is about 1 month of time after ordering. You can also order a separate head as well if you want different style eyes (which you can specify). I also have a repair article posted on TDF regarding how to go about fixing a loose elbow. Someone else on here repaired a knee, but I don't remember if there were photos.
I didn't go for the Anime head, but the realistic silicone head as I mentioned above. In another thread I have seen a fellow TDF'er (leonp) that has the 140cm fabric doll from Beautiful Dolls and he has the Silicone head on the body. After seeing how nice looking the head is, it pretty much solidified my interest in the Happy Doll line:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/downloa ... 324848&t=1

A bit up you posted your Dagmar in this outfit:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/downloa ... &mode=view

You mentioned that this outfit didn't stain the doll even for an extended time on her, and it was distributed by Dreamgirls. Do you have other articles of clothing by them and did they they all test good?

Everyone wasn't kidding when they said the anticipation in getting a new doll kicks in right away. I been spending most of the night looking for potential outfits for when my fabric princess arrives. Granted I am only going to buy light or white items initially that are one size fits all. I know that the body dimensions listed on the website for Dagmar might vary slightly, so anything fitted will have to wait until I get her so I can take her body dimensions for myself. I am enjoying this...looking at clothing for her. I must have put about 20 items in my Amazon wish list already. And yes...I am getting the bunny ears!

Diaval

LuvAnimeGirlz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LuvAnimeGirlz »

Here is a higher color saturation bikini from Wicked Temptations. If their item isn't listed as a Wicked Temptations original, then it is by another manufacturer and sold by them. If I recall, their items begin with the WT prefix on the item #. Wear time was about 1 month with a couple of blankets and a body pillow over the top in terms of pressure being applied downward. No color transfers found. Not sure if the same holds true on TPE material, but on the fabric doll, it seems fine. The below picture shows it on an anime deluxe.
_IGP8239_edit2_small.jpg
_IGP8239_edit2_small.jpg (914.51 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
I've had no issues so far with quality spandex type clothing causing stains. I suppose placing the clothing on a piece of TPE scrap and applying pressure would also be a way of telling if there is any color transfer (saw a doll article online regarding this).

Some of their stuff might stain, but the plain non-coated spandex so far seems to have been fine for me. I managed to rub some color off on a metallic blue piece since it seems to be a coating over the base fabric.
Yeah, I been hearing about the springy spine on the Dagmar. On the Anime Deluxe how does the pivoting spine make carrying her easier? BTW, Dagmar can be posed in a seated position, right?
Yep, seated position is fine for the Dagmar. Springy spine just makes it more difficult to carry when just grabbing at the waist and butt area. I feel the top half is going to tilt back the other way and it shifts the weight a little. The anime deluxe is a few less pounds and 5cm less on height. I'm not too sure of the weight distribution, but depending on how you carry the doll and what the pivot point would be from that carrying position, the perceived weight may be more than those few extra pounds.

I have some other pics in an older thread which also shows the Dagmar in a sitting position. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=84283

and also anime deluxe in some outfits in a sitting pose too.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=30
I posted up a Dagmar vs Anime Deluxe comparison a while back. This might help as well.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=82774
They have an amazing contour though. Their rubberized items are really smooth and shiny too. On the anime deluxe (which I believe is the same chassis as the realistic anime), and the Dagmar, they both are wearing size M (Japanese M size) for the spandex stretch type outfits by Realise and size L for the non-stretch rubberized ones.

Some other brands you might want to check is Coqueta, Sheridyn Swim, and West Coast Bikini. Roma Costume also seems to have some nice styles as well, but I haven't tested the darker colors on the doll. I still try to avoid anything that seems to be a coating over fabric that may come off with abrasion or pressure.

Consider creating an inventory list to categorize and check off if an item stains or not. After a while, figuring out where and what I had on hand was getting to be too much so I decided to sort through all the clothes and do an inventory. I test if the item will stain, and if the tag can snag clothing (use a sacrificial piece of nylon or some other type of micro fiber to test on). Tags may also color transfer as well. Stitching, as mentioned in some other articles on TDF can also cause color bleed/transfer. I caught the tag letting off color on some items while washing the clothing item.
I tried rubbing it with water and isopropyl alcohol. No color marks. However, I did not test on the doll and checking after a month or putting it on TPE material to check for bleed. The material does snag easily though. I think it is some sort of nylon.
You mentioned that this outfit didn't stain the doll even for an extended time on her, and it was distributed by Dreamgirls. Do you have other articles of clothing by them and did they they all test good?
I have 1 other item by them which another teddy type outfit by them. The tag has color bleed (I think it was the text when applying isopropyl alcohol). Items were 9686 and 9349. Both were fitted for small or small/medium. On a Dagmar with E cup, the breast cups on the smallest size were a bit too small, but the rest fit really well. Not sure about fitment on C and D sizes. The other teddy 9349 had some pieces flaking off from the lace area. It didn't seem to bleed, but bits of it fell off when applying some rubbing with water and isopropyl alcohol. The Dreamgirl 9686 I got didn't seem to have any issues.

Collar bone isn't too noticeable on the Dagmar, but if you touch that area, you'll feel it.

Also, a hair brush meant for detangling hair may be a good item to have around if you don't have it on the wishlist already. A wig that is heat resistant is also good if you want to style the hair with a ceramic hair straightener/curler. When I know my hands are rough, some soft cloth gloves can be tossed on when handling the doll to prevent snags from hang nails, sharp chipped nails, and rough skin. Facial stubble can also cause roughing on the fiber material (and also on some of the clothing material as well).

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

LuvAnimeGirlz wrote:Here is a higher color saturation bikini from Wicked Temptations. If their item isn't listed as a Wicked Temptations original, then it is by another manufacturer and sold by them. If I recall, their items begin with the WT prefix on the item #. Wear time was about 1 month with a couple of blankets and a body pillow over the top in terms of pressure being applied downward. No color transfers found. Not sure if the same holds true on TPE material, but on the fabric doll, it seems fine. The below picture shows it on an anime deluxe.
What is meant by higher color saturation? Is that similar to colorfast? I see that Wicked Temptations is on Amazon and much of their stuff is made here in the USA.

They have the high cut swimsuits too:

https://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Temptatio ... s+swimsuit

I LOVE the high cuts on the leg and I am not just talking about the backside, but also the front. If a woman has a curvy shape like that, this type of outfit certainly shows that off. Now if I were to go with a red or black, would it be OK, since this is a better made swimsuit?

Oooo, this works for me too:

https://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Temptatio ... msuit&th=1
I've had no issues so far with quality spandex type clothing causing stains. I suppose placing the clothing on a piece of TPE scrap and applying pressure would also be a way of telling if there is any color transfer (saw a doll article online regarding this).
I don't readily have access to a piece of TPE, but yes, I have heard that is a good way to test for color transfer. Since I am new to all of this, I was thinking about going down the road of what has been initially tried as is known good. Then later on I can experiment.
Some of their stuff might stain, but the plain non-coated spandex so far seems to have been fine for me. I managed to rub some color off on a metallic blue piece since it seems to be a coating over the base fabric.
Yes, I have heard it before to stay away from the metallic stuff. That is a shame as much of that stuff looks awesome. Case in point:

https://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Temptatio ... s+swimsuit
Yep, seated position is fine for the Dagmar. Springy spine just makes it more difficult to carry when just grabbing at the waist and butt area. I feel the top half is going to tilt back the other way and it shifts the weight a little. The anime deluxe is a few less pounds and 5cm less on height. I'm not too sure of the weight distribution, but depending on how you carry the doll and what the pivot point would be from that carrying position, the perceived weight may be more than those few extra pounds.
Oh, so if you carry her by the waist, the top kind of bounces around a bit? Yeah, I can see how that could throw your balance off!
I have some other pics in an older thread which also shows the Dagmar in a sitting position. http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=84283

and also anime deluxe in some outfits in a sitting pose too.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=30
I posted up a Dagmar vs Anime Deluxe comparison a while back. This might help as well.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=82774
Oh wow! That silver swimsuit on Dagmar is amazing looking on her!

http://dollforum.com/forum/download/fil ... &mode=view

THAT I wouldn't mind shelling out the extra bucks for as that looks amazing. I can even see with the two dolls laying next to one another, I SO much more prefer the Dagmar body over the Anime Deluxe. The way you have the swimsuit on her so perfectly with no creases in the upper and lower areas. It looks like she JUST fits into it. Now I am assuming that with how expensive the Realise swimsuits are, that there isn't a color transfer issue the Realise stuff? If not, I would certainly get this swimsuit for my little lady when she arrives.
They have an amazing contour though. Their rubberized items are really smooth and shiny too. On the anime deluxe (which I believe is the same chassis as the realistic anime), and the Dagmar, they both are wearing size M (Japanese M size) for the spandex stretch type outfits by Realise and size L for the non-stretch rubberized ones.
So is that silver one rubberized? I see you have it directly on her 'skin' so I am going to assume that material is safe then, right?
Some other brands you might want to check is Coqueta, Sheridyn Swim, and West Coast Bikini. Roma Costume also seems to have some nice styles as well, but I haven't tested the darker colors on the doll. I still try to avoid anything that seems to be a coating over fabric that may come off with abrasion or pressure.
How can you tell if it has a coating?

By any chance is there a way to know by just the wording of material used to make the clothing that it is safe to buy? What I want to avoid is buying some dark clothing and then testing it and finding out that I have to return most of the items because of a color bleed problem.
Consider creating an inventory list to categorize and check off if an item stains or not. After a while, figuring out where and what I had on hand was getting to be too much so I decided to sort through all the clothes and do an inventory. I test if the item will stain, and if the tag can snag clothing (use a sacrificial piece of nylon or some other type of micro fiber to test on). Tags may also color transfer as well. Stitching, as mentioned in some other articles on TDF can also cause color bleed/transfer. I caught the tag letting off color on some items while washing the clothing item.
Probably cutting the tag off would be best IF what is left behind doesn't snag the doll's skin.
I tried rubbing it with water and isopropyl alcohol. No color marks. However, I did not test on the doll and checking after a month or putting it on TPE material to check for bleed. The material does snag easily though. I think it is some sort of nylon.
It looks like it is of similar make to stockings and the doll's skin, so I would think that it probably could easily snag. How is it to the touch?

I think with me a danger is that with all of these nice sleeveless items, her shoulders are going to get quite a bit of attention from my hands. I am definitely a shoulder rubber.
I have 1 other item by them which another teddy type outfit by them. The tag has color bleed (I think it was the text when applying isopropyl alcohol). Items were 9686 and 9349. Both were fitted for small or small/medium. On a Dagmar with E cup, the breast cups on the smallest size were a bit too small, but the rest fit really well. Not sure about fitment on C and D sizes.
I am getting Dagmar with the C-cup and she is basically a small in the breast / waist area, but pushing the end (size 10) of a medium in the hips. Two piece outfits will obviously not be a problem...and nor will stretchy or one size fits all one piece outfits. But non stretchy one piece outfits will probably be a problem. I have noticed that some swimsuits do have a bit of give to them and she will fit into a medium.

The other teddy 9349 had some pieces flaking off from the lace area. It didn't seem to bleed, but bits of it fell off when applying some rubbing with water and isopropyl alcohol. The Dreamgirl 9686 I got didn't seem to have any issues.[/quote]

The 9349 is a nice one...they must be closing it out as it is heavily discounted. Only $18.98! Only problem is that it is the one size XL

But if the Dreamgirl 9686 is confirmed safe, I certainly will get one for my little lady...I like that one. Which size is Dagmar in this? Large or XL?

Well well...it looks like Dreamgirl makes some nice costumes too...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C2 ... w_c_x_18_w
Collar bone isn't too noticeable on the Dagmar, but if you touch that area, you'll feel it.
Someone else mentioned it and I was paying attention to pictures of Dagmar and depending on the lighting, I was able to see the outlines of collarbones on her. BUT it is a good thing that you can feel at least feel it. I know with my wife, I like to run my fingers down her collarbones. So this is a HUGE plus!
Also, a hair brush meant for detangling hair may be a good item to have around if you don't have it on the wishlist already. A wig that is heat resistant is also good if you want to style the hair with a ceramic hair straightener/curler. When I know my hands are rough, some soft cloth gloves can be tossed on when handling the doll to prevent snags from hang nails, sharp chipped nails, and rough skin. Facial stubble can also cause roughing on the fiber material (and also on some of the clothing material as well).
As of now, I am avoiding long hair wigs. Mainly because of dealing with tangled hair, but also I usually like short hair on women anyway. I have to put those items on the list, though as I will eventually get a long hair wig. What detangling brush you have? There are a bunch on Amazon. I have to get a lint roller brush too. Is this a good brand?

https://www.amazon.com/MR-SIGA-Lint-Rol ... ller&psc=1

As for wigs, I was told the Kanekalon wigs were good. I believe they are heat resistant. I know I have two short wigs coming with the doll already, but I love this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015DLI7IM/_e ... KZL6V&th=1

That looks pretty darn cute! Yeah, I like bob and pixie cuts :).

Edit: I wanted to ask you about the range of motion on Dagmar. What are the do's and don'ts with her skeleton design. I already know about the 'springy back', but what other limitations she has in her posing ability and what to watch out for as to not damage the skeleton.

Thank you for the info thusfar!

Diaval

LuvAnimeGirlz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LuvAnimeGirlz »

What is meant by higher color saturation?
Colors that have lots of pigments. For example, white would have no additional color. Black, royal blue, burgundy, fire engine red are some examples of high saturation. Light pink, light blue, and pastel colors would be colors with low color saturation.
Now if I were to go with a red or black, would it be OK, since this is a better made swimsuit?
I don't think I have a red or black item from them. I do have the yellow & cyan colored bikini and that one has been fine.
I don't readily have access to a piece of TPE, but yes, I have heard that is a good way to test for color transfer. Since I am new to all of this, I was thinking about going down the road of what has been initially tried as is known good. Then later on I can experiment.
Masturbation sleeves (such as the one included with the Dagmar) tend to be made out of TPE, so I can use an old one to test.
THAT I wouldn't mind shelling out the extra bucks for as that looks amazing. I can even see with the two dolls laying next to one another, I SO much more prefer the Dagmar body over the Anime Deluxe. The way you have the swimsuit on her so perfectly with no creases in the upper and lower areas. It looks like she JUST fits into it. Now I am assuming that with how expensive the Realise swimsuits are, that there isn't a color transfer issue the Realise stuff? If not, I would certainly get this swimsuit for my little lady when she arrives.
So is that silver one rubberized? I see you have it directly on her 'skin' so I am going to assume that material is safe then, right?
I have the silver Realise swimsuit and it is an earlier version of their rubberized material, which has been replaced with a different type of material and color set. The silver didn't seem to cause any problems. The inside was also lined with white colored lining on the silver one. Oh and it does not have any stretch to the material, so it was a very tight fit. The manufacturer discontinued that fabric, so what ever is on the market is it.
How can you tell if it has a coating?

By any chance is there a way to know by just the wording of material used to make the clothing that it is safe to buy? What I want to avoid is buying some dark clothing and then testing it and finding out that I have to return most of the items because of a color bleed problem.
Coating tends to be on metallic or gloss finishes. Color bleed is hard to tell unless it is a light color or white. I stay away from generic items that say "leather", "wetlook", and "PVC". The question is if it is worth buying and risking it. I do have some items that I wouldn't want to put on the Dagmar doll fabric skin if it wasn't white colored.

It looks like it is of similar make to stockings and the doll's skin, so I would think that it probably could easily snag. How is it to the touch?
Smooth to the touch similar to stockings.
But if the Dreamgirl 9686 is confirmed safe, I certainly will get one for my little lady...I like that one. Which size is Dagmar in this? Large or XL?
I got it from Ebay. It was in size small or was it small/medium. Basically the smallest. It is tight on the Dagmar with size E cups, but the rest of the teddy fits perfectly on the smallest size.

I haven't run a lint brush over the Dagmar. When I need to remove hairs, I just use a glove. For hair brush, I use a Wet brand detangler brush.

Beautiful Dolls used to have a section up on their site on how to move each joint and how far. That applied to the previous generation anime deluxe. I think the current ones have the same joint movements and the flexing spine as the Dagmar though.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

LuvAnimeGirlz wrote:
What is meant by higher color saturation?
Colors that have lots of pigments. For example, white would have no additional color. Black, royal blue, burgundy, fire engine red are some examples of high saturation. Light pink, light blue, and pastel colors would be colors with low color saturation.
Ok gotcha.
Now if I were to go with a red or black, would it be OK, since this is a better made swimsuit?
I don't think I have a red or black item from them. I do have the yellow & cyan colored bikini and that one has been fine.
So basically a lighter color outside of dark reds, blues, purples, greens and of course black should be OK?

Putting it another way, for example these gloves:

https://www.amazon.com/JustinCostume-Wo ... th=1&psc=1

What would you say would be safe colors (outside of white, and perhaps nude).

What about brown? Would that be an issue? I figure beige (ivory) should be fine too, right?

BTW, I really like these gloves. They look stretchy and they go WAY up to the shoulder, completely protecting the whole arm. I am also going to go with pantyhose like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0 ... E6YO&psc=1

I like these because they protect from the waist down and it is also crotchless. So these are going to be a 'staple' in my new lady's 'lower half' clothing.

And this would go over it for the body:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0754 ... P394&psc=1

All together that would make up one of her outfits. With 90 percent of her body covered. Just the shoulders would be exposed.
Masturbation sleeves (such as the one included with the Dagmar) tend to be made out of TPE, so I can use an old one to test.
Ahhhh, I see. I could probably test on the side of it. I heard that you can test by washing too and then dumping the used water into a glass and holding it up to the light. If the water significantly changed color, then the outfit will most likely bleed.
I have the silver Realise swimsuit and it is an earlier version of their rubberized material, which has been replaced with a different type of material and color set. The silver didn't seem to cause any problems. The inside was also lined with white colored lining on the silver one. Oh and it does not have any stretch to the material, so it was a very tight fit. The manufacturer discontinued that fabric, so what ever is on the market is it.
Bummer! I wonder if I could find something similar. I just like the way it was so form fitting on her. Speaking of a white lining....I came across a beautiful swing dress I would like to get for my new lady:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073L ... S1VJ&psc=1

I know it is very 50's looking, but I just love this style of dress. If you look at the picture of the hem of the dress, you can see that it is a print on a white fabric dress. Would this be safe?

I also wanted to ask you about the dimensions of Dagmar. How close are they to what is posted on the Beautiful Dolls site? This is what is stated for the c-cup version of her:

Bust (C-cup) 85cm, 33.5"
Waist 64cm, 25.6"
Hips 98cm, 38.6"

Are these measurements fairly accurate? What does your Dagmar measure out to?

Her bust and waist come out as a US small (Size 6). But her hips are on the large end of a medium (Size 10). So she is a small on top and a medium on the bottom. Now This doesn't pose a problem with buying separate tops and bottoms, but it does with one piece items. I see you ran into a similar issue with the PVC outfit.

I am curious as to how an outfit like this would work on her:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076W ... FLRT&psc=1

Putting this over the shiny pantyhose I showed you earlier. While it is an overly sexy look, I still find it sexy mainly because it is form fitting and I like the high cuts on the legs. The nice thing is that her WHOLE body will be covered (yes, I would put gloves on her hands.) and this would more or less be an outfit that I would get 'close' with her in. That bodysuit has a button crotch so that would be the 'way in' so to speak. Now with this outfit they do not give a hip measurement, just a bust and waist measurement.

Now the measurements are

Small - Bust: 31.5 - 33 Waist 24.5 - 26
Medium - Bust 33 - 35 Waist 26 - 27.5

Given those dimensions, she would seem to fit into the small. BUT since I don't have her yet to measure myself...I wonder if that would be advisable. While the smaller is closer in size to her waist, the medium is closer in terms of her bust. The unknown here would be the leg circumference. The hip size isn't given but Dagmar's large thighs have to get through those leg openings. So I would think going medium would be a better choice. And again this is just based on going by the dimensions on the website.
How can you tell if it has a coating?...
Coating tends to be on metallic or gloss finishes. Color bleed is hard to tell unless it is a light color or white. I stay away from generic items that say "leather", "wetlook", and "PVC". The question is if it is worth buying and risking it. I do have some items that I wouldn't want to put on the Dagmar doll fabric skin if it wasn't white colored.
Well, I don't want to risk it and for those no risk situations, I have already thought of a full bodysuit...preferably crotchless like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BL ... 01UN&psc=1

I like the nude color. The only thing I don't like is that it is open in the neck area. While it is sexier looking, I couldn't do something like put a black halter dress on top of this. I would be worried the straps would stain her entire neckline area. NOT good. So yeah, I would ebb on the side of safety.

While I have found full body suites that go right to the neck AND are footed, they aren't crotchless.

So for now, the sexier outfits I have that would go in direct contact with her skin is usually white or nude.
Smooth to the touch similar to stockings.
Nice! I have to say that of most stretchy materials, I LOVE Lycra. This stuff is VERY sexy feeling. I remember buying my wife a Lycra top and I couldn't keep my hands off her. So naturally I would like the bodysuit to be made of Lycra.
I got it from Ebay. It was in size small or was it small/medium. Basically the smallest. It is tight on the Dagmar with size E cups, but the rest of the teddy fits perfectly on the smallest size.
Darn! They have it on Amazon, but only in Large and XL. So more than likely that will be too big.
I haven't run a lint brush over the Dagmar. When I need to remove hairs, I just use a glove. For hair brush, I use a Wet brand detangler brush.
Ok.
Beautiful Dolls used to have a section up on their site on how to move each joint and how far. That applied to the previous generation anime deluxe. I think the current ones have the same joint movements and the flexing spine as the Dagmar though.
Joy sent me a image showing the range of motion on Dagmar. My main worry was that I have heard many say the foot was fixed at a right angle. Thankfully the foot DOES pivot up and down.

Anyway, thank you for the information. I guess I have to see if I can get the small/medium of that nightie on Ebay myself.

Edit: By any chance have you tried black pantyhose on her? Would that have color transfer issues?

Diaval

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

As far as colors go black has been fine for me. I think black stockings are the sexiest thing, as such Hotaru is almost wearing black stocking. She also has a gorgeous black dress and some gloves. I washed them once and we have never had a problem with bleeding EVER.
This dress in a medium fits perfectly and looks absolutely stunning.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6 ... UTF8&psc=1
Bankai! Chire, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Byakuya Kuciki wrote:As far as colors go black has been fine for me. I think black stockings are the sexiest thing, as such Hotaru is almost wearing black stocking. She also has a gorgeous black dress and some gloves. I washed them once and we have never had a problem with bleeding EVER.
This dress in a medium fits perfectly and looks absolutely stunning.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6 ... UTF8&psc=1
Oh that is good to know. I was just going to ask LuvAnimeGirlz if black stocking material would cause an issue. I guess you answered that for me. That is a very nice dress and I certainly can see that with some LONG opera gloves!

I found some in black and they look awesome!

https://www.amazon.com/Persephone-Seaml ... =srch&th=1

Since I like fingerless gloves more than regular gloves, I was thinking about getting these in a nude color so as to maintain the original shape of her fingers. Then I would go with a fingerless glove on top.

Thanks for the input...at least now I know THAT dress will not transfer / bleed color onto the doll.

Diaval

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

Also as far as bras go Hotaru has the E cup and a 34B fits her absolutely perfectly. I think you said that you got a C cup? So a 32B should fit your doll perfectly. I bought a bunch of these for Hotaru mainly because they were cheap. But they look fantastic and are very durable. She has had these for about 8 months without any problems or anything breaking. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X1 ... th=1&psc=1

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Byakuya Kuciki wrote:As far as colors go black has been fine for me. I think black stockings are the sexiest thing, as such Hotaru is almost wearing black stocking. She also has a gorgeous black dress and some gloves. I washed them once and we have never had a problem with bleeding EVER.
Oh that is good to know. I was just going to ask LuvAnimeGirlz if black stocking material would cause an issue. I guess you answered that for me. That is a very nice dress and I certainly can see that with some LONG opera gloves!

I found some in black and they look awesome!

https://www.amazon.com/Persephone-Seaml ... =srch&th=1

Since I like fingerless gloves more than regular gloves, I was thinking about getting these in a nude color so as to maintain the original shape of her fingers. Then I would go with a fingerless glove on top.

Thanks for the input...at least now I know THAT dress will not transfer / bleed color onto the doll.

Diaval

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

As far as gloves go i totally agree about fingerless gloves. I got Hotaru these gloves. They fit literally perfectly on her thin arms. I dont actually see how any normal person can fit into these as they are extremely tight. But they fit dolls perfectly. XD
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BT ... UTF8&psc=1

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Byakuya Kuciki wrote:As far as gloves go i totally agree about fingerless gloves. I got Hotaru these gloves. They fit literally perfectly on her thin arms. I dont actually see how any normal person can fit into these as they are extremely tight. But they fit dolls perfectly. XD
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BT ... UTF8&psc=1
Oh goodness! Those ARE really thin, but they certainly go well with that dress.

What I was looking at were these:

https://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Fingerle ... JB00F2VVC5

But you could these on underneath first to protect the fingers from snags:

https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Seamless- ... th=1&psc=1

It has the color of skin so it blends in. Also because it is full length as well, there is less of a danger of color bleeding. Of course you could go with just the black ones of these alone, but something about the way the fingerless glove sits on the hand and has that middle finger tie. It just looks sexier.

These gloves are gorgeous, but not as long:

https://www.amazon.com/Ensnovo-Womens-S ... th=1&psc=1

One thing though, they are Lycra...very nice to run your fingers over.

Diaval

INFORMATIONS