www.beautiful-dolls.com

Scotch-Guard for anime plush dolls?

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
frt
Active Poster
Active Poster

Scotch-Guard for anime plush dolls?

Post by frt »

Just wondering if anyone has "scotch-guarded" their fabric anime dolls and what was your experience? The use of this product is obvious for a fabric sex doll but for anyone curious here's a link to a product description from wally world: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scotch-Guard- ... z/13281231 . I'm most interested in the non-allergenic properties of this particular spray.

Irish-cream
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Scotch-Guard for anime plush dolls?

Post by Irish-cream »

I've used the standard Scotch Guard, it does have a strong smell to begin with but that will dissipate. It works well but you do need to retreat once in awhile for it to be effective.

I don't have allergies, but my nose is sensitive to chemical smells and it didn't bother me after the smell dissipated.

I'd recommend you apply it to an old pillow or piece of cloth and hang out with it for awhile to see if you can deal with it before putting it on your lovelies. :)

frt
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by frt »

Irish-cream wrote:I'd recommend you apply it to an old pillow or piece of cloth and hang out with it for awhile to see if you can deal with it before putting it on your lovelies. :)
Haha, I'll do that, thanks! Now... must arrange a date with my pillow to hang out...

ValleyOfTheDolls

Post by ValleyOfTheDolls »

Not sure how it would work on dolls but in spraying a pair of new canvas sneakers last week I'd forgotten how strong the smell is... Be sure to do this outside or someplace really well vent slated.

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Anyone just used 'wool wash' to clean your plush girls?

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Irish-cream
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Irish-cream »

Hey Playtime,

If I'm understanding you comment, you consider using a cleaning solution instead of using a water and stain repellant to be better?

baka
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by baka »

Thanks for the post frt! I had not really thought about doing this but after reading I decided I am going to give it a shot. My first doll will be arriving early June and I want to keep her looking beautiful. I read the reviews from your link and I think this might be the way to go (although I may die waiting for her to dry^^). Wouldn't it be funny to post a Wal-Mart review about spraying your love doll! I'll bet they would never see that coming. I don't think I have a set big enough though.

frt
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by frt »

baka wrote:Thanks for the post frt! I had not really thought about doing this but after reading I decided I am going to give it a shot. My first doll will be arriving early June and I want to keep her looking beautiful. I read the reviews from your link and I think this might be the way to go (although I may die waiting for her to dry^^). Wouldn't it be funny to post a Wal-Mart review about spraying your love doll! I'll bet they would never see that coming. I don't think I have a set big enough though.
HAHA! well it IS Wal-mart, so I may not be surprised with that kind of review.

Anyway what I ended up doing was a VERY light coat over some "high traffic" areas - legs, arms - followed by a quick brushing in with a natural bristle paintbrush. Not so much the torso above the pelvis as that's covered most of the time anyway. And not the head because that touches my face while I'm asleep. The head is easy enough to clean anyway with some original oxi-clean I mix up. WARNING: if you do this don't but the oxi-clean mix with the blue crystals. That's a bleaching agent. Although dish washing soap should be enough. I just prefer the scent oxi-clean leaves.

baka
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by baka »

frt, thanks again for the info. I am going nuts waiting for my doll to arrive! I just wanted to let you know (and everyone else) if you go to scotchgard.com and click one of the products in the middle of the page you can get a $1 coupon to print. Also where I am at Dollar General stores have it for $4. So after everything $3 per can. Hope someone can use the info.

INFORMATIONS