betterlovedoll.com

Conversations of TDF members appear in Daily Star article

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
LifeToTheMax100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Conversations of TDF members appear in Daily Star articl

Post by LifeToTheMax100 »

Thanks RainLover for highlighting this. Useful to keep in the back of my mind that anything I write or any pics I post could potentially end up anywhere on the Internet and totally misunderstood by those that choose not to understand.
LTM

Becky (WMDoll 157, B cup, #70 head) viewtopic.php?p=1262133#p1262133

Apugo

Post by Apugo »

This article is unkind. They're holding us up as a spectacle.

Could something be added to the terms of use when making an account to discourage this? Some sort of non-disclosure agreement?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

LifeToTheMax100 wrote:Thanks RainLover for highlighting this. Useful to keep in the back of my mind that anything I write or any pics I post could potentially end up anywhere on the Internet and totally misunderstood by those that choose not to understand.
So true.
Apugo wrote:This article is unkind. They're holding us up as a spectacle.

Could something be added to the terms of use when making an account to discourage this? Some sort of non-disclosure agreement?
I don't think that such an NDA like term would prevent this. A court case against a tabloid for quoting from this site?

Apugo

Post by Apugo »

Nescio50 wrote:
LifeToTheMax100 wrote:Thanks RainLover for highlighting this. Useful to keep in the back of my mind that anything I write or any pics I post could potentially end up anywhere on the Internet and totally misunderstood by those that choose not to understand.
So true.
Apugo wrote:This article is unkind. They're holding us up as a spectacle.

I don't think that such an NDA like term would prevent this. A court case against a tabloid for quoting from this site?
Obviously it would only apply to members-only areas. A determined tabloid might find a way around it, and their existence depends on their ability to make lawsuits against them not worthwhile. It would just be something to make an easy, sensational, lazy, copy-paste piece less attractive to do. I know these people. They go for the low-hanging fruit.

If it interests you, it can't hurt to have a free consult with a lawyer on the subject, is all I'm saying.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Just for laughs: :)

Maybe some of us should write "Letters to the Editor" complaining about their 'crusade'. 8O

:roll:

However, I don't think they're lifting from TDF.

BTW:

Our Posts ARE Copyrighted!

Here's the relevant short version section Terms of Use:

>
5. All posts, past or present, made by you forms part of our database collection to which we retain sole copyright.
<

Here's the relevant long version section Terms of Use:

>
3. Submitted Materials; Limited License to Use

All posts, past or present, made by you form part of our database collection to which we retain sole copyright. While we do not claim copyright of individual works or materials you submit or make available for inclusion on the Sites, you grant us a royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, said material on the the Coverdoll Group websites in perpetuity. You have a grace period of 24 hours in which to edit or delete your posts. After this grace period, you may request staff to remove your post only if there have been no replies to your post. In most cases, staff, at their discretion, will be happy to edit your posts for you after the grace period has expired, as long as it does not affect the integrity of the thread itself.

The website may require modification of images such as by our gallery software which modify and adapt the images in order to produce thumbnails, alternate resolutions, and perspectives for their displays. Also gallery slide shows may allow transitions such as dissolves to modify images to produce the effect.

Selected audiovisual materials may be used for purpose of promoting the Coverdoll Group on TDF and CD only, however, you obtain no rights in any form, media, or technology incorporating such materials. Materials will not be used in any separate product offered for sale, or off site except with additional permissions of the copyright holder. Members who do not wish to have their galleries promoted from within the website may opt out by sending an email to webmaster@coverdoll specifying member name(s).
<
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

It was my review of Una Carha that they led with and used in the headline. Honestly, I'm just flattered.

Is the Daily Star just a website, or is it also an actual print newspaper? I kind of feel like I should order a copy of the back issue Una and I were in!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Copyright, huh? So they owe you money, CF?

Dunno if I'd wanna collect on it anyway though, they'll need your real name to write a check O_o

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:Copyright, huh? So they owe you money, CF?

Dunno if I'd wanna collect on it anyway though, they'll need your real name to write a check O_o
They could make the check payable to "Cash". What does the "C" in "CF" stand for, anyway? ;)

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

I'm just pleased to discover my reviews are so immensely quotable!

Anybody want to send me a doll to review? :)
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Apugo

Post by Apugo »

LDF wrote:Just for laughs: :)

Maybe some of us should write "Letters to the Editor" complaining about their 'crusade'. 8O

BTW:

<
About copyright, news outlets have to follow the same rules as anyone else, but "fair use" law allows them to lift excerpts as long as they are part of a larger piece. That's why they do things like put a line between quotes talking about them and have background information on RealDoll at the top and bottom of the article.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Apugo wrote:

BTW:

<
About copyright, news outlets have to follow the same rules as anyone else, but "fair use" law allows them to lift excerpts as long as they are part of a larger piece. That's why they do things like put a line between quotes talking about them and have background information on RealDoll at the top and bottom of the article.

I didn't see any references to TDF.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

TDF is in the public domain.
Should we be a closed, got to know someone to join or even view TDF, site?
Maybe just a public cover page and then a $50 a yr membership fee to access the site?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

I can't afford $50 a year! I can't even afford internet, I'm stealing my neighbors' WiFi!!!

Kidding. But there shouldn't be a pay-wall, fuck that... (I know RHK is being sarcastic, I just hope TDF staff doesn't think that's a good idea) 8O

I'd pay if ad revenue couldn't keep it up, and the site asked us for donations 8)

Apugo

Post by Apugo »

LDF wrote:
Apugo wrote:

BTW:

<

I didn't see any references to TDF.
rubherkitty wrote:TDF is in the public domain.
Maybe just a public cover page and then a $50 a yr membership fee to access the site?

There is a minimum amount of creativity required for something to be recognized as protected by copyright law, and courts are still grappling with that in the age of social media, but saying where it came from or not or the fact it was posted publicly has nothing at all to do with anything.

The people who wrote the article understand copyright law and wrote it in such a way that it is bulletproof. I know because I am also a writer and understand copyright law. That is why only a confidentiality agreement for viewing private areas would mean anything.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

rubherkitty wrote:TDF is in the public domain.
Not to be too picky, but TDF is not in the public domain. The words "public domain" have a specific legal meaning that the content can be used, modified and/or redistributed without compensation or credit. TDF is a copyrighted website, but fair use for news reporting, editorial and similar works still applies.

The term you're looking for is "public eye," because we're visible in search engines. However, for someone to browse members-only areas, they have to register.

For those who don't think TDF is referenced in the article, yes, it is: not by name, but by reputation, and the quotes they pulled came right out of our threads here.
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS