betterlovedoll.com

A story about Brigitte and me in german weekly ZEIT

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Re: A story about Brigitte and me in german weekly ZEIT

Post by nukeno »

OK, about half a year later, let me ask you:
How many people (and especially women) tried to get in contact with you after your big article?

Any neighbors, co-workers or friends who have recognized you?
Any strange women from all over germany calling or writing "Zeit" to get your number to ask you on a date perhaps...? :razz:
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi nukeno,

I´m sorry to disappoint you but all the letters and mail went to Konstantin and I didn´t ask him to forward them. He just forwarded an invitation of the theater in Klagenfurt/ Austria to visit a ballet performance there with Brigitte. :) It´s a pretty Long travel so I didn´t contact them.
If anyone who knows me recognized me then he or she didn´t tell. Pretty boring, right?

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nukeno »

brigittes hubbie wrote:Pretty boring, right?
Not boring at all, but I would not have expected this.
In fact, it's quite interesting that you got almost no (significant) response at all.

There was however quite a response in the online comments if I remember correctly?
But I don't count that, because it's quickly done and easy to post one's opinion online and everybody has one, right?

Aren't you curious? I know you didn't do it for publicity or getting that kind of response but...
... this kind of stuff just makes my scientific mind spin! ;)

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Congratulations,Chris I am sure Brigitte will keep a close eye on you :wink:

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

I'm...after reading the article, unable to fully comment, except to say it should be a sticky. iT SHOULD BE REQUIRED READING BY ALL.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

deerman wrote:Congratulations,Chris I am sure Brigitte will keep a close eye on you :wink:
Haha, thank you deerman, she always does, with a whip in her hand. :wink:
Meso wrote:I'm...after reading the article, unable to fully comment, except to say it should be a sticky. iT SHOULD BE REQUIRED READING BY ALL.
Hi Meso, thank you, but it´s just a story of one member, we all made our experiances and some of them were bad. But we are all happy with our doll ladies, at least I hope so.
nukeno wrote:
brigittes hubbie wrote:Pretty boring, right?
Not boring at all, but I would not have expected this.
In fact, it's quite interesting that you got almost no (significant) response at all.

There was however quite a response in the online comments if I remember correctly?
But I don't count that, because it's quickly done and easy to post one's opinion online and everybody has one, right?

Aren't you curious? I know you didn't do it for publicity or getting that kind of response but...
... this kind of stuff just makes my scientific mind spin! ;)
Hi nukeno, no, I wasn´t curious at all. I guess the writer would have forwarded it to me but I didn´t ask. I just wanted to tell the Story and wanted to know what you all at TDF think about, I can honestly care less about what a married with kids teacher who hasn´t ever had even seen a doll much less touched may think about me.
My fellow members count a lot more. :thumbs_up:

Chris

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nukeno »

brigittes hubbie wrote:Hi nukeno, no, I wasn´t curious at all. I guess the writer would have forwarded it to me but I didn´t ask. I just wanted to tell the Story and wanted to know what you all at TDF think about, I can honestly care less about what a married with kids teacher who hasn´t ever had even seen a doll much less touched may think about me.
My fellow members count a lot more. :thumbs_up:
I agree.
What makes me curious is actually not the fact that you aren't, but that there was not more of a response.
Is the topic "a men living with a doll" more commonly accepted as one may think? Neither really controversial nor admirable?
Me, as one of the guys, thought this was extremely brave of you which makes you kind of a hero for "our" cause.
But what did the average Zeit reader think? "Good for him" or "weird" and that's it? Just another story?
Don't get me wrong, the lack of response to your article and to my very own experiences in the recent past with "visitors"
(I was motivated not to hide my dolls thanks to you) is actually a good thing I think.
It basically tells me that our society, even in a small town like mine, is more open minded and tolerant as I have imagined.

Or just ignorant. That's what I'm curious about...

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Hi nukeno, I usually make good experiances when I travel to the doll meet with Brigitte on the passanger seat. Most people don´t realize that she´s a doll as they don´t look too close, but when they realize it´s mostly a reaction of curiosity and harmless fun. Same rection from the customs and Euroshuttle stuff or from the hotel that I stop by. I don´t think that it´s really socially accpeted though I guess I´m considered a harmless weirdo.
Maybe that´s an explanation why there wasn´t a more visible reaction to the article.
I guess we all can live being considered strange but harmless. People are strange anyway. :D

Chris

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nukeno »

brigittes hubbie wrote:I guess we all can live being considered strange but harmless. People are strange anyway. :D
Well put! :D
:glou:

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

nukeno wrote:
brigittes hubbie wrote:I guess we all can live being considered strange but harmless. People are strange anyway. :D
Well put! :D
:glou:

Thank you! :glou:

Chris

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

What a wonderful read. And a very good article, articulated and no prejudiced or judgemental. Highlighted a lot of the reasons many people turn to or choose a doll. Thank you for sharing.

I also feel in time it will become a lot more accepted, as a species we are already I feel becoming more 'loners' and single, we want more time for us and less time for bs within the relationship game. More and more people now are choosing to stay 'single'.

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Maviarab wrote:What a wonderful read. And a very good article, articulated and no prejudiced or judgemental. Highlighted a lot of the reasons many people turn to or choose a doll. Thank you for sharing.

I also feel in time it will become a lot more accepted, as a species we are already I feel becoming more 'loners' and single, we want more time for us and less time for bs within the relationship game. More and more people now are choosing to stay 'single'.
Hi Maviarab, thank you, yes, I was sure that the article will trun out that way because I was sure that he was the right one to write it. Regarding the single life style, I´d say that we get the best of both world, we are single but not single at all. :D

Chris

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

brigittes hubbie wrote:Regarding the single life style, I´d say that we get the best of both world, we are single but not single at all. :D
Well said, Chris! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

LaDollyVita wrote:
brigittes hubbie wrote:Regarding the single life style, I´d say that we get the best of both world, we are single but not single at all. :D
Well said, Chris! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Thank you, LDV! :D

Chris

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

Wirklich sehr interessanter und "mutiger" Artikel.
Mir sind im letzten halben Jahr immer wieder Artikel zu dem Thema in großen Zeitungen aufgefallen, was mich positiv überrascht hat.
Hatte den Artikel in der Zeit nicht gelesen und auch hier im Forum gerade erst gefunden, daher vielen Dank!

It´s really a very interesting and "brave" story in the article.
I have noticed a few articles in other big tabloids in the last half year or so which was a postive surprise to me.
I haven´t read that story though and have just noticed it here at TDF therefore thank you very much.
Last edited by brigittes hubbie on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Translation done

INFORMATIONS