betterlovedoll.com

A doll wedding among four well-hung men! [PHOTOS]

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A doll wedding among four well-hung men! [PHOTOS]

Post by RainLover »

The Sydney Morning Herald wrote:WHEN Jeff Malmberg first came across Mark Hogancamp's photographs in New York art magazine Esopus, he had two thoughts. The first was ''wild photos''. The second: ''what a great story.'' Malmberg, a film editor, had been looking for a topic for a short film and Hogancamp's life story and his offbeat outsider art seemed a perfect fit. Not long after, he flew from Los Angeles to New York, to meet his would-be subject and film for a few weeks. Five years later, he showed the final edit to Hogancamp in a moving scene preserved on YouTube in which the artist tearfully tells his mother over the phone: ''Oh my god … He told my story so well. He told it exactly as I would have told it if I knew how.''
The demons are in the dollhouse
Complete story and photos are here:
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mov ... 1y3ok.html :evidence:

This is an article about a film made entirely in stop-motion using dolls as actors.
2012-05-05 demons in the dollhouse.jpg
2012-05-05 demons in the dollhouse.jpg (123.23 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
And here it is, the headline draw ... "a doll wedding among four well-hung men!" Wait, you were expecting ... oh, I see what you did there! :mrgreen:
2012-05-05 a wedding among hung men.jpg
2012-05-05 a wedding among hung men.jpg (144.37 KiB) Viewed 2408 times
Film Ink - Australia's Best Movie Magazine wrote:'Marwencol' stole a few hearts at its first screening at The Richmond Weekender series last month. Seats were scooped, ice-cream was licked, applause was rounded. This is a fantastic film and totally deserving of some extra attention. Needless to say there's a re-run!

Set in, and about an imaginary town called Marwencol, this inspiring documentary is about a man who chooses to build a new life, and a brave new world.

After Mark Hogancamp was gravely injured in a bar brawl he turned to art as a DIY therapy tool. Formerly an artist but unable to draw after his attack, Hogancamp sets about creating a fictional 1/6th scale World War II-era Belgian village, populating it with figurines of friends, family and his attackers and implanting an ongoing and painstakingly detailed narrative life into the miniature world.

The result is similar to a stop-motion film that conveys all the fear, pathos, adventure and hope for love that fills Hogancamp's 'real' life; a tableux that he captured in thousands of photographs, images that are filled with such stunning and often comic realism that they confound the scale of their models.
Marwencol screens at 8pm on 10 May 2012, at Speakeasy Cinema, The Playroom, rear 413 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia.

:plaidskirt:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

ValleyOfTheDolls

Re: A doll wedding among four well-hung men! [PHOTOS]

Post by ValleyOfTheDolls »

Some friends and I saw Marwencol when it came out. It's one of the most amazing and wonderful films I have ever seen.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Welcome to Marwen - Official Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dy7xQ8NeE

QUOTE:
Published on 20 Jun 2018
Welcome to Marwen - In Theaters December 21
https://www.welcometomarwen.com
Screenplay by Robert Zemeckis and Caroline Thompson
Directed by Robert Zemeckis

This holiday season, Academy Award® winner Robert Zemeckis—the groundbreaking filmmaker behind Forrest Gump, Flight and Cast Away—directs Steve Carell in the most original movie of the year. Welcome to Marwen tells the miraculous true story of one broken man’s fight as he discovers how artistic imagination can restore the human spirit.

When a devastating attack shatters Mark Hogancamp (Carell) and wipes away all memories, no one expected recovery. Putting together pieces from his old and new life, Mark meticulously creates a wondrous town where he can heal and be heroic. As he builds an astonishing art installation—a testament to the most powerful women he knows—through his fantasy world, he draws strength to triumph in the real one.

In a bold, wondrous and timely film from this revolutionary pioneer of contemporary cinema, Welcome to Marwen shows that when your only weapon is your imagination…you’ll find courage in the most unexpected place.

The epic drama is produced by Oscar®-winning producer Steve Starkey (Forrest Gump, Flight), Jack Rapke (Cast Away, Flight), and Cherylanne Martin (The Pacific, Flight) of Zemeckis’ Universal-based ImageMovers banner produce alongside the director. It is executive produced by Jackie Levine, as well as Jeff Malmberg, who directed the riveting 2010 documentary that inspired the film.

#WelcomeToMarwen
--UNQUOTE.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Everhard wrote:Welcome to Marwen - Official Trailer:
Thanks for pointing at this one :thumbs_up:

explorer235
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by explorer235 »

Wow!

N3m1s1s

Post by N3m1s1s »

That looks Freaking Awesome !!!!

N3m1s1s

Post by N3m1s1s »

Just got back from watching it... I enjoyed it.

INFORMATIONS