betterlovedoll.com

New TV series about robots just released on Netflix

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

New TV series about robots just released on Netflix

Post by Arthur1960 »

A new Russian made TV series called 'Better than us' has just been released on Netflix and it features some rather sassy looking 'sex bots' as they are referred to. I think it's set in the year 2029 and it would be nice to think that the technology isn't too far off what we see here. Having just watched the first episode it's got me hooked and has a definite 'Humans' feel to it. Being Russian it's been dubbed but thankfully there's an option to select the original sound and watch with subtitles if you prefer. The lead female robot is suitably gorgeous, I think if you liked 'Humans' then this could be your cup of android tea!

Link to a review of the show:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/decider. ... ip-it/amp/

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: New TV series about robots just released on Netflix

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:thumbs_up: Cheers Arthur!

i will definitely be hunting for that series, Just for Paulina Andreeva alone

But looks well made, good FX, and decent plot.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

GreatPair
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GreatPair »

The show"Humans" was the 1st thing that popped in my head when I read this.
I loved that show. I will look for this one.
Thank you very much.

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Sounds amazing. If I didn't have to deal with satellite internet and limited bandwidth I'd definitely check it out!
Once a Sailor, always a Sailor

Lives with Shelby WM 158-A
Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14865

shobokdaman
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by shobokdaman »

Thanks for the heads up.

2029 is very optimistic though, current robotics tech can't even compare with virtual reality with PS2 level graphics. I've tried some robot toys with augmented reality and when they actually worked they got boring fast. One article I read about Anki's failure mentions that consumers have too high expectations of robots because of movies and TV shows promising the impossible.

jcpax727

Post by jcpax727 »

Now I need to go watch humans lol

This actually reminded me more of chobits for the robot falling in love and is a ninja basically lol, although not much else.

People thought back to the future 2 was somewhat accurate back in the 80s but most of that tech is out now like hoverboards and smart homes, thumb plates that open doors, even a flying car, its just totally different then portrayed in the film, but its definitely out. I honestly hope Im alive to see the day droids like this exist lol, still in my 30s. Sex robots in 2029 ya definitely, empathetic ones tho? Probably not, maybe 40/50

VR tech has advanced a crap ton though, hardware wise. Im ready for it with a 2080 TI and a soon to be released headset. Problem is software developers arent using it and are still pushing garbo graphics engines out on most releases. Id wager when psvr 2 hits that changes finally, sony will push for it.

Piper2

Post by Piper2 »

Arthur1960 wrote:A new Russian made TV series called 'Better than us' has just been released on Netflix and it features some rather sassy looking 'sex bots' as they are referred to. I think it's set in the year 2029 and it would be nice to think that the technology isn't too far off what we see here. Having just watched the first episode it's got me hooked and has a definite 'Humans' feel to it. Being Russian it's been dubbed but thankfully there's an option to select the original sound and watch with subtitles if you prefer. The lead female robot is suitably gorgeous, I think if you liked 'Humans' then this could be your cup of android tea!

This is some kind of stupid and incomprehensible series / film. In Russia, no one will watch this.

Yes, I am from Russia (Moscow), and this bullshit was laughed at. Russians do not know how to make good films.

The film itself tells the story of a robot who is friends and then saves a family by sacrificing himself. Bullshit, complete.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

It's curious that you say that Piper2 as having just watched the first 2 episodes I've found it well made with engaging characters and a lead actress that I would walk over hot coals for! Looks good too with lots of tech that we are just starting to see emerge so I for one will be sticking with it!

Piper2

Post by Piper2 »

Arthur1960 wrote:It's curious that you say that Piper2 as having just watched the first 2 episodes I've found it well made with engaging characters and a lead actress that I would walk over hot coals for! Looks good too with lots of tech that we are just starting to see emerge so I for one will be sticking with it!
In Russia, this series (or what is it?) Will not be in demand. He was already laughed at, calling it complete shit.

In Russia, if you are interested to know, everyone really liked the HBO series about Chernobyl.

But this series is about a robot, no one even knows about it, and no one will watch it. I have no idea how you can watch this, honestly.

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jm6o8u »

Arthur1960 thanks it just pope up here last week I watched it all the way through. Loved the way you get to see her grow from a simple ai program to a fill self sacrificing woman. I appreciate they did not just make her a killer robot but a true gynoid that will not take any guff off any one. Iam witting patiently to see the next chapter to see if he treats her like his dolls and what she will do when he dos. He is not her primary user yet only gorge and the kids are so what will she do when he try's to mount her ?

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Piper2 wrote:
Arthur1960 wrote:A new Russian made TV series called 'Better than us' has just been released on Netflix and it features some rather sassy looking 'sex bots' as they are referred to. I think it's set in the year 2029 and it would be nice to think that the technology isn't too far off what we see here. Having just watched the first episode it's got me hooked and has a definite 'Humans' feel to it. Being Russian it's been dubbed but thankfully there's an option to select the original sound and watch with subtitles if you prefer. The lead female robot is suitably gorgeous, I think if you liked 'Humans' then this could be your cup of android tea!

This is some kind of stupid and incomprehensible series / film. In Russia, no one will watch this.

Yes, I am from Russia (Moscow), and this bullshit was laughed at. Russians do not know how to make good films.

The film itself tells the story of a robot who is friends and then saves a family by sacrificing himself. Bullshit, complete.

Come and See, The Thief, The Island, Leviathan, Ballad of a Soldier...then we have Tarkovsky...Solaris, Andrei Rublev, Stalker, Nostalghia...

You sure you're from Russia? ;)

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

The only likeable characters in the show so far are the robots and the unexpected primary user. I didn't catch that it was intended for 2029. Ha. Soonest would be 2054.

jcpax727

Post by jcpax727 »

Agreed on the cast, really liked the show but they cut into cast members drama that has shit to do with the AI far too much. It shouldve stayed focused on cast involved with the AI, dont care about whiny son and his HS gf issues that are in no way related to the bot.

Also, main owner is a cock.
Good show but Dr dickhead needs to check himself on a few things. Treats the bot like shit, kinda irritating to watch him do that. Human or not anything self conscious / self aware deserves a little respect. If season 2 is made just drop the Dr out of it altogether imo.

Piper2

Post by Piper2 »

Maviarab wrote:
Piper2 wrote:

Come and See, The Thief, The Island, Leviathan, Ballad of a Soldier...then we have Tarkovsky...Solaris, Andrei Rublev, Stalker, Nostalghia...

You sure you're from Russia? ;)
Go and see - this is not a Russian film, this is Belarus.
A thief - yes, a good film, but it was also created in the USSR.
Leviathan - not looking, not interesting. A ballad about a soldier - it may be a good film, but it was made in the USSR, I’m talking about what they’re creating now.
Stalker is a book. And Andrei Rublev is also all Soviet.

And we are talking about the current era of the cinema of Russia. And now it cannot offer anything good.

Any Russian person will tell you that Sergey Bodrov and the films BROTHER and BROTHER 2 are one of the best. And unfortunately they were created in the 90s. And what is being filmed now is disgusting shit.

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Darkangel65 »

Just started watching this...it's really good
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

INFORMATIONS