betterlovedoll.com

German documentary about dolls from 2018 made by ARTE

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

German documentary about dolls from 2018 made by ARTE

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi just thought I would share this link of the German documentary I took part in last summer (2018) which has been re-released by DW onto YouTube and now has an English narration. My daughter and I really enjoyed doing our bit and not only do you get to see some of my gals but you can also marvel at my kayaking skills! seriously though I doubt you will see many doll documentaries that have a segment in a kayak! Since this was made my dolls have doubled in number to 14 and my son is now cool with them as well, which is really handy as my room was getting a tad crowded!

Ok here's the link:

https://youtu.be/VUAf_e9Y6XA

Out_Of_Sync
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: German documentary about dolls from 2018 made by ARTE

Post by Out_Of_Sync »

Hey Arthur1960,

Just watched the doc. They did a great job, I thought. Portrayed the lifestyle in a positive light I'd say. Thanks for your courage, putting yourself out there for all doll owners!
Cheers!
Jiusheng-Doll 163F with "Evelyn" Head
SM Doll 160f Silicone with heads 11 (Alice), 60 (Sydney), X2 (Jasmine), X8 ?
Private Island Beauties TPE Island Girls Eden, Hope, Isabella, Mina & Ellowyn
SM Doll 149b #56 "Angélique"
SM Doll 156c Riley (X8)
SM Doll 168c Cherry (102)
Kristi (32)
SM Doll 168c Lisa (X8)
SM Doll 168c Keri (X10)
WMDoll 170D 356 (Vix)
XYDoll 163c in white TPE Misa (Victoria)
Don't let the doll overlords kill your buzz.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Yes, I would agree with out Of Sync, it was indeed more lifestyle focused, although some mild undertones still focusing on de-normalising the hobby, and again the whole objectification of women (without a mention of male dolls), and I guess in my own case an objectification of the Penny Dreadfull's :lol:

I am still not big on the Dolly Brothel idea, as my own gals are more companionship based than sex objects, and the concept of renting them out is just foreign to me, but yes I understand many interested in dolls do view them as sex objects alone..sure, we all have our preferences.

So I also had guessed Sarah's green eyed connection to Human's "Dollies" which you confirmed with the "Sister' remark. But are not the green eyes dangerous.... :lol:

Glad to see the rest of the clan coming around and supporting, and I can also recommend hiking in the Antarctic solo is a great place to keep an eye out for the perfect soul mate as well, just as likely to meet them there as anywhere mate :lol:

I definitely preferred that ARTE doco to the Channel 5 propaganda type one.

Well done, and thanks for sharing.

Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Kite
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by Kite »

Was a good watch. Thank you for doing this.

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Thankyou :thumbs_up:

MsStrangeLove
Doll
Doll
Location: with LizA, Levke, AnnE, Nele, Kinko, Mamamba and nukeno in cyba's space

Post by MsStrangeLove »

Well done! Thx! :thumbs_up:
I'm a doll trapped in a living body, not believing in life after birth.
Think with heArt! Follow me on --> Twitter

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi guys and gals, thanks for your kind comments, glad you liked this one as I really enjoyed my involvement. The crew that came over were delightful, very friendly and also very respectful of my gals. It was interesting for me personally to get to chat, on camera, with my daughter about it all and you get to see her acceptance of my dolls following her initial reaction when she discovered my spare wigs and wondered why I had them! This is an edited version of the original film and sadly they have cut out a wonderful short interview with a guy who mistook Athena for a RG when I had her sat in my car. He was happy to chat on camera and it was a very positive experience, (he was worried that she wasn't well as she didn't respond when he asked if she was ok!). I can now see that I was quite lucky to have had this as my first media experience with my dolls and so it left me with a degree of optimism that I probably wouldn't have had with another company. Oh and Anung, well spotted re the Humans thing. When I had ordered Sarah back in 2016 her name was going to be Mia (from the show) but she soon morphed into Sarah! One bit they did film that didn't make the final cut was my reaction (spoiler alert) to one of the main characters 'dying' at the end of season 3. We had all been out for a couple of beers so I was nice and relaxed and when a certain 'lady' was killed I blubbed while they were filming! I quickly got up to say I was going to put the kettle on but it was quite an emotional moment that caught me by surprise, in any case it didn't survive the edit! I didn't really know much about the other segments they filmed in Germany but Claudia did tell me about the brothel and I can remember saying that I just didn't think doll brothel's would be a viable business model, particularly as a doll would have to be built like a T-1000 to withstand the rigors of being handled by folk lacking experience in dealing with them. I guess ARTE have now sold this documentary on hence it popping up on YouTube again with the English narration.

I've just realised that it's exactly a year ago to the day that we filmed the bit of me in my kayak. I can remember being really worried as 3 of the film crew were in an inflatable dinghy I had so they could follow me but the camera guy looked rather precarious, perched on the side, I had a vision of that expensive camera ending up in the river Stour!

Pummelbrook

Post by Pummelbrook »

Very nice! Thank you!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pummelbrook Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pummelbrook/
My dolls:
Candice, Happydoll 160c | Sayo, 4Woods ai doll s+ | Sakura, Cstdoll 160d | Eileen XYdoll 158 silicone| Elina, Gynoid Tech Model 9
Former dolls:
Lisa, unbranded 135cm TPE | Lisanne/Nikki, Ordoll 156B | Stephanie, Wmdoll 163C |Nonoka, Sanhui 158 | Lily, Maydoll 155 | Yvette, Jm156 | Miriam, Zelex 170c | Vala, Xycolo 163sb

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

This was well done and a great watch. :D
One of the best doll documentaries that I have seen in a long time. :thumbs_up:

But in the name of all that is holy, do NOT read the comments! 8O Not unless you want to lose all hope in humanity as some of the shit that I read was so ridiculous and hateful that it was unreal! :drinking:

While there were some supportive comments, it quickly became clear that there are still way too many people who don't understand the doll lifestyle and never will.
Of course not understanding is one thing, but they just seemed too closed minded to even try. :(

At any rate, don't worry about it Arthur. You sir are a true rock star and have balls enough to fill a dump truck! :glou:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hey, thanks Stewie! Yeah I've learned not to read the comments section! To be honest there are people that will hate on anything, you could post a video of a basket of kittens and someone will post crappy comments! Incidentally if you check out the Barcroft media video that I did a few months back the comments there are more positive for some reason? The jorno sent me some screen shots of some really nice comments which took him by surprise as well, maybe because we steered the content away from sex and focussed mainly on my doll photography? My personal theory is that there are certain people that just don't like anyone that moves away from the herd mentality and cuts their own path and so will fire off their vitriolic comments without any understand of what on earth they are talking about!

Kvn_dvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Kvn_dvr »

Thanks for sharing Arthur. Very well done.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Kvn_dvr wrote:Thanks for sharing Arthur. Very well done.
Thanks, it was fun to do!

Ekkehard

Post by Ekkehard »

Youtube ist wieder einmal päpstlicher als der Papst. Nichts zu sehen. Bin sauer.

English:
Youtube is once again more Catholic than the Pope. Nothing to see. I'm peeved.

berthaBe

Post by berthaBe »

Anung Un Rama wrote:Yes, I would agree with out Of Sync, it was indeed more lifestyle focused, although some mild undertones still focusing on de-normalising the hobby, and again the whole objectification of women (without a mention of male dolls), and I guess in my own case an objectification of the Penny Dreadfull's :lol:
For ARTE, it was absolutely mild and kinda surprising that they didn't focus more on this part, but made this nice documentary instead!

Thank you RainLoverArthur1960* for being brave enough to participate and sharing, I for certain would lack the balls to do that ^^.

*Edit: Whoops :D I should not browse three forum while listening to a podcast while playing a game, and then write a quick answer :P

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Thanks berthaBe, glad you liked it but who is RainLover?

INFORMATIONS