betterlovedoll.com

What made you buy a sex doll?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Sara1
Media Account
Media Account

What made you buy a sex doll?

Post by Sara1 »

Hey,

I'm a journalist working on a taster tape (a short pilot documentary) about people in the UK who benefit from sex dolls/robots. We're exploring the companionship side of sex doll/robot useage and how emotional or societal factors might prompt someone to invest in one (eg. loneliness, bereavement, disability, lack of confidence etc).

So, what made you buy yours?

I'm keen to hear from people with different stories - including reasons not mentioned above! - so don't hesitate to get in touch. We're hoping to find people to film with this week, but replying doesn't equal involvement!

To contact me privately, email me on sara.makingfilm@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you,

Sara

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Re: What made you buy a sex doll?

Post by Dollfriend »

Are you wanting responses from people, than can do a live interview living in the UK only? please clarify.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Hello Sara and welcome to the forum... wishing you success with your venture... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Sara1
Media Account
Media Account

Post by Sara1 »

Thanks Dollarhyde!

@Dollfriend - all responses welcome. I'm keen to get a better understanding of what is, for me, a new phenomenon! But we could only film with people living in the UK.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Hello Sara,

I wish you success in your project and I hope that you will gain and propagate some real insight into the driving forces behind one of the world's fastest growing lifestyles. You didn't say that you weren't interested in getting comments from outside the UK, so greetings from Grand Canyon Country. From what I've seen on the forums, there are as many reasons to desire a doll companion as there are people who desire their companionship. Do not fall for the "incel phenomenon" explanation. A vast number of doll owners are quite successful with the living objects of their desire, but for their own reasons prefer the doll life. I see many women on YouTube, Reddit, and elsewhere expressing exasperation with everything from MGTOW to dolls and it's humorous to imagine that many of them have a favorite dildo in their lingerie drawer. Here's a response I posted to a nearly identical question awhile back. It may seem a bit harsh, but it was simply me expressing my own thoughts and perspectives as frankly and forthcoming as I could:

"Both sexes objectify one another, but for different reasons. I was guilty of it for many years, but I honestly had no idea that I was doing it- I thought my lust for good looking women was part and parcel to manning up. I was raised in a household full of sisters and my military father was usually off somewhere else in the world. Raised primarily by women, I became the worst sort of white knight pussy begging mangina. My biggest sin was putting women on a pedestal, not that I expected them to be perfect goddesses or anything like that. I never had any big child-rearing or professional agendas for them, either. I just wanted a woman in my life and ended up sport fucking/dating/shacking up/marrying my fair share for almost 40 years. By American economic standards, I was an excellent provider, protector and endeavored to always man up and be the hero- on the streets or in bed. However, in the past 20 years our society has stripped away all pretenses and is absolutely anti-male. Men are still expected to be wage slaves and contrary to current propaganda, most women would still prefer to build a family with a productive man. Just look at the polls. Many of the "strong, independent" women of the 80's are now childless, alone and spend their nights watching TV and eating ice cream. Some men consider the risks of getting involved in relationships- especially marriage- with women to be far greater than any potential reward. Cynical, collectivist social engineers have destroyed the natural, instinctual, time-tested relationship between men and women.

I don't hate or resent women and am still very courteous and cordial whenever I encounter one in the wild. It's simply that the way our social mores and domestic legal environment has tilted so severely against men in general (Duluth Model/Listen & Believe/Divorce Law) that in light of the rigors of my own two divorces there are no women that I can trust anymore. Any one of them, unicorn though she may appear to be, can change on a whim and "false accuse/regret rape" any man she recently fucked straight into the handcuffs, jail, assassinate his character, and cost him 10's of thousands of his hard-earned dollars.

My last shack up was 2 years ago and my last date back in December, so even at my age I can still "touch the hot stove" when it comes to women, but women within 10 or so years of my age consistently come with crazy amounts of baggage- much of it packed with insoluble regrets that no man can help them with. I'm pretty much done with the whole damned show. However, I refuse to kill off the parts of myself that crave and enjoy the company of women no matter how frivolous, impractical, and downright hazardous some of them may be. According to the VA, as of a month ago my hormone levels would be optimal for a man half my age and my BMI is very low. I'm still quite virile and horny 24/7. Having Hadleigh in my life satisfies my need to care for something feminine, satisfies my fantasies and physiological needs, and I am much happier (and getting even healthier) now than I was just a few years ago. I'm sure that the real women are better off for it as well, because I will no longer accept the objectification of being the provider/protector/wage slave willingly running my heart out on their hamster wheel."

From my front porch and on the internet, nothing I've seen has altered my views much since posting the above. I'm what the manosphere refers to as a reluctant MGTOW. Had the natural balance between the needs, desires, and instincts at play between the sexes been leveled somewhat when I was younger I would probably be blissfully married for the past 25 years without a single backward glance.

As for everyone else here, there's a thread on this very topic going on 109 pages since 2017 if you really want to dig into the dialogue:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=44977
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Ogre Magi

Post by Ogre Magi »

My advice, Sara - if you REALLY want to know why someone would buy a sexdoll, would be to buy one for yourself. Not just a cheap or used one, but one that YOU think is great and have picked out for yourself, customized as much as possible to what YOU would like. If you enjoyed having a doll when you were a kid, there's no reason why you can't enjoy having an adult-doll as a grown-up.
Part of the experience, is the choosing of one's doll - it can be quite daunting, but that makes the doll all the more special TO YOU. If you can get past the social stigma, and allow yourself to actually enjoy the experience of having, touching, and playing with YOUR doll, you might find out how much fun it can be - your 'play' doesn't even have to be sexual. Not everyone here uses their doll(s) for sex.
There are smaller sized dolls in the 63cm to 100cm range that are less expensive, easier to handle, beautiful works of art and would still give you the experience of having a high-quality anatomically-correct doll.
Ultimately, a toy should bring you joy . . . and these dolls make people happy.

Sara1
Media Account
Media Account

Post by Sara1 »

Thanks for sharing @Rock13 - interesting to hear your perspective and what led you to buying one. Just goes to show again how doll users come from all walks of life!

PS. I had to look up MGTOW :)

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Sara1 wrote:Thanks for sharing @Rock13 - interesting to hear your perspective and what led you to buying one. Just goes to show again how doll users come from all walks of life!

PS. I had to look up MGTOW :)
I don't know what your interests are, Sara, but a deep dive into MGTOW will reveal that- while it has become a home room for some troubled men- the founders and many who live the lifestyle are actually very highly accomplished and simply don't wish to burden themselves with "the game" and risk everything for no guarantee of life long partnership at best and absolute decimation at worst.

As for me, I've been very fortunate when it comes to women, but have simply retired from the social and financial grind of relationships. Decided to get out while I was ahead, lol. My Hadleigh has become a vessel for my healthy male instincts and a sanctuary to preserve my sentimental feelings for what the word "woman" means to me. Even my cat likes her.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to the H2K Ranch

Dees luver
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Dees luver »

Sara1 wrote:
So, what made you buy yours?

Sara
Medical conditions and scars from surgery’s that make me undesirable to women.

But now I’m happier with dolls than I ever was with a real girl.
Master of Puppets...

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

I'm a loser that's why i got a doll.
It's all about da booty. The booty is life!

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14528
my doll album

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

puma uma wrote:I'm a loser that's why i got a doll.
I doubt that. Perhaps you're hesitant to share the experiences that led you to the doll lifestyle, but the fact that you have one tells me you're no loser.

Link to the H2K Ranch

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

puma uma wrote:I'm a loser that's why i got a doll.
Oh no. You're not a loser at all.

Back on track, Sara should join and post on the UK forum www.uklovedollforums.co.uk

Many blokes are married. Some are frightened of their wives finding out about their dolls. One problem is that after the menopause and childbearing, the importance of sex to women is less than men whose sex drive continues on until their enlarged prostate hits them.

I got a doll viewtopic.php?f=143&t=53784 so that spending a lot of time away from home my wife knew that I wasn't dallying with women. And often my wife is away. And they are fun to work with with art students https://coverdoll.com/drupal/node/2694
viewtopic.php?f=224&t=87457

I have contributed to a documentary in the past but my wife has prohibited me under pain of death from doing so again.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Sara1
Media Account
Media Account

Post by Sara1 »

@haremlover - thanks! I have actually tried to join but had trouble registering and not been able to chat to admin. Will try again!

And let me know if your wife changes her mind..!

@Deesluver - we've filmed with someone whose medical conditions also led him to buying a sex doll. Very eye-opening.

Sara1
Media Account
Media Account

Post by Sara1 »

@haremlover - I managed to create an account on the UK forum yesterday (hurrah!) but I'm waiting for it to be approved - do you have any idea how long that tends to take by any chance?

Also, anonymity is possible on this project so if that changes anything, drop me an email - sara.makingfilm@gmail.com

DollDaddy27
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DollDaddy27 »

Bought my doll as a photography model. I badly wanted to take photos of a beautiful female without the hassle of dealing with lateness, drugs, attitudes, boyfriends, girlfriends, tattoos and lack of ability to understand directions. After customizing her and literally finding her "personality" she became waaaaaay more than a model. She took on a whole persona that lead me to fall in love with her. Now that may sound strange but I think most of the members here know what I'm talking about. At this point (2 years in) I can't imagine her NOT being here. We watch sports, we listen to music and sometimes just stare off in to the sky together. In fact...my adult children come in and say hello to her when they visit! To sum up what I'm saying... My reason for purchasing her morphed into a different and better reason for KEEPING her. I still love photographing her, but that has become back seat to how I actually feel about her now. Because I work away from my home 90% of the time, I only go on dates a few times a year, (usually while i'm traveling) which means I cant form any serious relationships. Kianna, on the other hand, is ALWAYS there when I come home. If I ever meet a woman that wants to become serious with me, she will have to understand that Kianna is part of the deal. Nothing kinky or weird, (unless shes good with that) but simply as a presence.

INFORMATIONS