betterlovedoll.com

What made you buy a sex doll?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: What made you buy a sex doll?

Post by Arthur1960 »

Nicely put DD27 and my experience with Sarah is very similar to yours with Kianna, who incidentally, is greatly missed by her fans!

Henry869
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Henry869 »

Rock13 wrote:
puma uma wrote:I'm a loser that's why i got a doll.
I doubt that. Perhaps you're hesitant to share the experiences that led you to the doll lifestyle, but the fact that you have one tells me you're no loser.

Some of us are losers. Perhaps not in the way the comment was intended... I bet he’s (assuming a he) is not a loser, but in life there *are* losers and winners. It’s the way it is. I’ve had a few “girlfriends”... one died. I think that was my tipping point on relationships. Tried since then, I seem to only meet crazy women. Maybe I attract them. I dunno. Never married no kids.
Having read a lot of bullshit over the years, I could in theory be a great catch for an average decent woman. I apparently in the real world am not. Not their fault, not mine. It is what it is. But I digress.

I bought my tiny Aiko Dolls cause I like to have something feminine and reliable in my life. I don’t even “hide the salami” with my 63cm custom made Aiko who is fully functional in that way, as much as she turns me on. And she does! Her bronze skin, her cute face and amazing eyes, her tiny fingers and toes, her loverly belly... No ED here... And I’m kissing 50. :razz:

I think I lost the plot. Lol
Tori, a Smart Doll Trinity

The Aiko doll sestras... Lizette (82cm) Addison (63cm Elf) Annette (60cm original Aiko) Leena (Aiko bjd) and Rose (wire skeleton Aiko prototype).

Celine (Teddy Babe standard Diana)
———
Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

Ownerfckdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ownerfckdoll »

Hmmm.. comes out of nowhere and posts a question on April 1st. Smells a little fishy to me. A simple search would find 100s of topics just like this with 1000's of answers already.

Thus not like I haven't said this a 1000 times before but short and sweet. Why did I get a sex doll? An insatiable sex drive mixed with kinky as fuck desires, and only about a half dozen women on the planet could probably keep up. Period.

I'm being a little factious obviously, but not by much. :wink:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

The question itself is a bit narrow in focus I think and makes certain assumptions before it's even asked. Like asking someone who owns a Corvette: What made you buy a fast car? The sexual capability of these dolls does not even enter into the equation for a lot of people. Some of us, just like dolls and made the purchase on that basis. Simple as that.

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

Hi, Sara! I am from Sweden so I do not qualify for the interview part of the project, but I will leave my response.

I am just curious to find first though if you have decided your narrative immediately on this topic that is "the worlds of (sex) dolls"?

A challenge with the media is that they tend to decide how they want to frame things before they collect data for their "already decided" narrative. In other words, people tend to not get the both sides of the same coin if you catch my drift, Sara.

Do you intend to leave an open-mind for the people watching the short film so they will decide whether "(sex) dolls seem good or bad" or will you force them a certain narrative already right off the bat? If the latter one, that is concerning, otherwise not.

Now, on to what made me decide buy a (sex) doll: mostly due to sexual frustration and I also wanted to try it. "You only live once and some things you just gotta try out before you die", I thought. When I first found this forum a year ago now I was very skeptical and I had the stereotypical reaction, "these are just creepy, psychopathic people", but then I read the thread, "What brought you to dolls?", all the 100+ pages. This changed my mind.

It made me realize there are folks from all walks of life;
- some too physically disabled to meet organic women,
- some who are married and wanted to add some long-lasting spice to their marriages,
- others who are widows who could never find a replacement for their beloved passed wives,
- others who just want a "high-end sex toy" and for some of these people they discover something more than just a "sex toy",
- some people want to do photography,
- one here (I believe?) wants to use his doll to improve his tailoring skills,
- other people just want companionship, and interestingly enough, the dolls can add a certain physical presence that resembles something very real and very interestingly enough; love dolls provide a very real presence that is more real than actual dead human bodies! Think about that one carefully. There is something very deep and profound that I mean with this.
- Finally, you have people who chose a doll because of a combination of all these reasons mentioned above. We could sum it up like this: mostly because most people still have natural biological needs, not because they are "weird".

So, what is my reason? Mostly to get rid of my sexual frustration and also desperation (plus I can practice my stamina, haha) as I do intend to find a RG (real girlfriend) in time as I am still just 30 years old. The question is whether I will be able to find a girl in Sweden who is enough open-minded for this kind of "sex toy" or even "second play partner(?)" or if instinctual jealousy (which is completely understandable btw) would take over.

That is my reply, Sara, and I hope you will do your best to provide "both sides of the coin" in your short film. Most media coverage I have seen of (sex) dolls is that they are, "bad, a threat to human relationships, criminal-inducing things, objectifying women, etc." and they rarely look at the positive sides of "doll ownership" like dealing with loneliness, satisfying sexual needs without prostitution and/or when physically limited to do so.

DollDaddy27
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DollDaddy27 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Nicely put DD27 and my experience with Sarah is very similar to yours with Kianna, who incidentally, is greatly missed by her fans!
Hey Arthur! I should be settled in about 3 weeks. I travel out tomorrow again but will have a few weeks after that to get Kianna in front of the camera. I am finishing a CD project with her slowly then we should be good.

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Mr Franz wrote:The question itself is a bit narrow in focus I think and makes certain assumptions before it's even asked. Like asking someone who owns a Corvette: What made you buy a fast car? The sexual capability of these dolls does not even enter into the equation for a lot of people. Some of us, just like dolls and made the purchase on that basis. Simple as that.
I am in that group somewhat, i do not have intercourse with either of my 2 dolls. I could if i wanted to but i have explained a handful of times in other threads. They are enjoyable to have around, the female form is beautiful and i love looking at them and playing with them, just no penetration.

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Sara1 wrote:Hey,

I'm a journalist working on a taster tape (a short pilot documentary) about people in the UK who benefit from sex dolls/robots. We're exploring the companionship side of sex doll/robot useage and how emotional or societal factors might prompt someone to invest in one (eg. loneliness, bereavement, disability, lack of confidence etc).

So, what made you buy yours?

I'm keen to hear from people with different stories - including reasons not mentioned above! - so don't hesitate to get in touch. We're hoping to find people to film with this week, but replying doesn't equal involvement!

To contact me privately, email me on sara.makingfilm@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you,

Sara
Hello Sara, since you are new here let me give you a helpful piece of advice. The forum has already many threads that cover many doll questions & subjects like companionship. So i would say use the search function here & you/ll see the many topics that will help you become informed more as to what dolls mean to us that have them. I got my dolls for visual beauty not intercourse.

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Well said "CuriousSwede", my thoughts as well. Personally, in addition, I can also use this sex-doll as an exercise tool as well. I don't think I could perform with a real girl right now. I'm old-ish, and my lady died a few ago and I'm not in the best of health.

Sara1
Media Account
Media Account

Post by Sara1 »

Wow, lots of responses, thank you! I've only just seen as I didn't receive any notifications!

@CuriousSwede thanks so much for providing your perspective, what I've found tallies up very closely with what you said which bodes well! As I mentioned, we've already filmed with someone with a disability who, for various reasons, felt a sex doll would enhance their life. So we're very open-minded and hoping to find more people to shoot with who help build a truer picture of sex doll users than has previously been depicted in the mainstream media.

@DollDaddy27 your story's fascinating. Would be great to have a chat if you're up for it? Where are you based?

Also! For those suspecting there's something off, as a media member I'm not allowed to contact members at random, only reply to people who respond to threads I start. I have read other threads on this subject in the forum to help become more informed but we're also hoping to find people to film with... :D

INFORMATIONS