betterlovedoll.com

Another Kind of Love - Elena Dorfman interviewed

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Another Kind of Love - Elena Dorfman interviewed

Post by RainLover »

Ahead of the house’s A/W19 show, Fondazione Prada unveils a new exhibition exploring an intriguing expression of modern love
2019-02-12 AnOther Magazine - doll show article with Elena Dorfman.jpg
2019-02-12 AnOther Magazine - doll show article with Elena Dorfman.jpg (150.26 KiB) Viewed 651 times
Sophie Bew for AnOther Magazine wrote:Though it’s what lies beyond this initial reaction that reveals reams about human desire, not to mention engages a rich repartee between the two artists. “When I arrived [at the first subject’s house] I thought, ‘how am I going to photograph this man having sex with a doll?’” Dorfman explains of embarking on this work. “But in fact it was his wife who was the driver of the collecting. It was a woman’s perspective first – and a very smart woman. It was at that moment I thought, ‘this is so much more than I thought it was going to be, it’s just so much richer, so much weirder, so much more compelling, emotional and human than I anticipated’. Every man did have sex with his doll or dolls, of course, but that’s the obvious part. To me it was so much more fascinating to present scenes of domesticity because not only did I find that much more interesting but that’s an emotional and very ordinary way for the outside world to understand these lives and that these scenes look exactly like scenes from my life and from most people’s lives – it’s just that one is human and one is not.”
Source:
https://www.anothermag.com/art-photography/11521/an-ideal-love-at-fondazione-prada-exhibition-milan-elena-dorfman-jamie-diamond
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

INFORMATIONS