betterlovedoll.com

Realdolls Mentioned in "Big Mouth"

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
TP876

Realdolls Mentioned in "Big Mouth"

Post by TP876 »

I recently finished watching the second and most recent season of the Netflix show "Big Mouth." It's a very over-the-top animated show about the trials and tribulations of puberty. If you haven't seen it I recommend it. In the last episode of the most recent season there is an exchange between characters about realdolls.

It would take a long time to explain the full context . But in the scene Andrew, who is about 13, is talking to a shame wizard.

Wizard: I don't want you to grow up to me one of those men who waits six months for a customized sex doll

Andrew: Six months? That seems like a ridiculously long time

Wizard: Yeah well they have to get the eyes right. Th-that's not the point.

Again, not a flattering picture of doll ownership but as I've said before I feel that any exposure is a good thing. This was the first time I've heard anyone talk about how long it takes to make a doll, rather than their price etc. All that's said here is that it takes a long time to get a realdoll. If the writers of this show think this is the most joke-worthy aspect of realdolls then I think that's a good thing.

I was expecting some sort of reference at some point during this show. They also mention blow up dolls and flesh lights.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Realdolls Mentioned in "Big Mouth"

Post by RainLover »

TP876 wrote:I recently finished watching the second and most recent season of the Netflix show "Big Mouth." It's a very over-the-top animated show about the trials and tribulations of puberty. If you haven't seen it I recommend it. In the last episode of the most recent season there is an exchange between characters about realdolls.

It would take a long time to explain the full context . But in the scene Andrew, who is about 13, is talking to a shame wizard.

Wizard: I don't want you to grow up to me one of those men who waits six months for a customized sex doll

Andrew: Six months? That seems like a ridiculously long time

Wizard: Yeah well they have to get the eyes right. Th-that's not the point.

Again, not a flattering picture of doll ownership but as I've said before I feel that any exposure is a good thing. This was the first time I've heard anyone talk about how long it takes to make a doll, rather than their price etc. All that's said here is that it takes a long time to get a realdoll. If the writers of this show think this is the most joke-worthy aspect of realdolls then I think that's a good thing.

I was expecting some sort of reference at some point during this show. They also mention blow up dolls and flesh lights.
Sounds like good press because there will be people who will hear that and for the first time think, "Wait...you can get a customized sex doll?" and immediately open a browser window and start shopping for one. :)
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

TP876

Post by TP876 »

Sounds like good press because there will be people who will hear that and for the first time think, "Wait...you can get a customized sex doll?" and immediately open a browser window and start shopping for one. :)
It was such a fleeting reference. I expected something more, maybe in a future episode. There's a kid in the show who has sex with anthropomorphized pillows. Realdolls are an obvious subject for a show like this. Stay tuned.

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

Wonder if this show is any good, have to DL a episode later. Thanks, never heard of it.

INFORMATIONS