www.wmdolls.com

Do any of you sleep with your mannequins?

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.

Re: Do any of you sleep with your mannequins?

Post by 42716 »

I think I'm well qualified to chime in on this topic, because I live with multiple mannequins made of several different materials, and have shared a bed with all of them at least once. Personally, I find it very comforting to lie and cuddle with them, but that's because I find their non-humanity, embodied in their coldness and hardness, uniquely appealing. Even amongst humans, I think the harder, bonier individuals are more enjoyable to hug than the soft and fleshy ones. But if you're the sort who needs warmth and softness from a cuddle buddy, mannequins may not be a good choice for you.

If you do decide you want to try sharing your bed with them, a good rule to keep in mind is that a mannequin's suitability for cuddling is inversely proportionate to its human realism. This concept is easier to illustrate with pictures, so allow me to share some:
cloth 31617.JPG
cloth 31617.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 2721 times
This is 31617, a foam and cloth mannequin. His type ranks lowest on the human realism scale, but I think it's also the most amenable to being cuddled, and especially slept with for long periods of time. The cloth surface isn't nearly as cold or hard as the other types, it has a fair amount of give when hugged, and as the 2nd-lightest weight type, it's not especially prone to leaving you sore if you fall asleep in the wrong position. The fingers are also pose-able, so this is the best type for those of us who enjoy falling asleep holding hands. You have to be very careful not to soil or dent this type of mannequin, however, because any impressions you make from mishandling it will become permanent dents, and the surface is very difficult to clean.
plastic 94712.JPG
plastic 94712.JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 2721 times
This is 94712, a plastic mannequin. She's a big step up in realism, but also in hardness and coldness. The plastic is thin and slightly pliable, so she does give a bit when I hug her, the same way the cloth mannequins can do. This is the lightest weight type and also the cheapest and easiest to clean, so I would recommend it as a starting point if you're just starting to get into mannequins.
hd plastic 217.JPG
hd plastic 217.JPG (1.22 MiB) Viewed 2721 times
This is 217, a high-durability plastic mannequin. This material feels much more solid than the standard plastic, and lacks the "give" that the cheaper models have, so hugging her isn't terribly pleasant unless she's wearing thick clothes to provide some cushion. She also becomes much colder after exposure to low temperatures than the previous 2 types. This type is a significant step up in weight as well. On the plus side, her hands are much more realistic and delicate than those of the previous types, so this type might appeal to those who consider hands to be an important feature.
fibreglass 2608.JPG
fibreglass 2608.JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 2721 times
This is 2608, a fibreglass mannequin. Fibreglass is the sturdiest, most solid-feeling of all, so hugging this guy is essentially like snuggling a rock. His type is the coldest and the heaviest of all. Fibreglass mannequins are also more delicate than the plastic types; they can crack and scratch when dropped or scraped, so you have to handle them carefully when you dress and move them. Personally, I would recommend this type as eye candy rather than cuddle buddy material.

Another thing to keep in mind is the pose. If you want a mannequin for cuddling, simpler is better. Standing straight, with arms down at the sides and legs together, is the easiest to lie beside without being uncomfortable. Slanting shoulders like 217 has will make it very difficult to find a comfortable lying position (though interestingly, she is the most comfortable to sit beside on the sofa). And bent arm or leg poses like 2608's make it more difficult to stabilise the mannequin's parts as it's lying down, and tend to get in the way when you're trying to hug it. Personally, I would recommend getting one without a detachable leg as well, if you can. The detachable leg doesn't really provide that much ease of dressing, and comes at the cost of a leg that can easily detach from the body when the mannequin is lying down, unless you keep it taped or glued in place.

You also asked about sleeping positions. Well, this is pretty much the only one you can use with mannequins:
lying down.JPG
lying down.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2721 times
I think it's also nice to put a 2nd one behind me, to support my back. The hard types are actually very helpful for supporting and easing the pain of a sore back.

kudos0028

Post by kudos0028 »

She's beautiful MannequinFan. I'll definitely consider some kneeling ones. I wonder if it would be possible to swap legs to allow them to be in different poses? Did you make your own caps to put on her upper legs?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

kudos0028 wrote:She's beautiful MannequinFan. I'll definitely consider some kneeling ones. I wonder if it would be possible to swap legs to allow them to be in different poses? Did you make your own caps to put on her upper legs?
Thanks Kudos!
You mean swap with other MQs? You probably could but the leg profiles probably wouldn't match up very well.

Yes, the leg caps are 3d printed. She is also Fleshlight capable, has a neck joint, magnetic arm joints and the last Eva I did also has interactive audio features.
You can click on the links in my signature if you want to see my mod threads.

kudos0028

Post by kudos0028 »

42716 thanks for the detailed explanation of the different types of mannequins! When you say the cheaper plastic ones have some give to them, do you mean the parts where the limbs are attached or the plastic material itself? If going cheap means the limbs are more likely to break I'll gladly pay extra for a higher quality mannequin. You mentioned the fiber glass mannequins are heavier, is it by a significant amount? Also is the fiber glass more tacky feeling than the plastic ones? By that I mean is your skin more likely to glide smoothy across a plastic one? Thanks for all the info!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

42716 wrote:I think I'm well qualified to chime in on this topic, because I live with multiple mannequins made of several different materials, and have shared a bed with all of them at least once. Personally, I find it very comforting to lie and cuddle with them, but that's because I find their non-humanity, embodied in their coldness and hardness, uniquely appealing. Even amongst humans, I think the harder, bonier individuals are more enjoyable to hug than the soft and fleshy ones. But if you're the sort who needs warmth and softness from a cuddle buddy, mannequins may not be a good choice for you.

If you do decide you want to try sharing your bed with them, a good rule to keep in mind is that a mannequin's suitability for cuddling is inversely proportionate to its human realism. This concept is easier to illustrate with pictures, so allow me to share some:
cloth 31617.JPG
This is 31617, a foam and cloth mannequin. His type ranks lowest on the human realism scale, but I think it's also the most amenable to being cuddled, and especially slept with for long periods of time. The cloth surface isn't nearly as cold or hard as the other types, it has a fair amount of give when hugged, and as the 2nd-lightest weight type, it's not especially prone to leaving you sore if you fall asleep in the wrong position. The fingers are also pose-able, so this is the best type for those of us who enjoy falling asleep holding hands. You have to be very careful not to soil or dent this type of mannequin, however, because any impressions you make from mishandling it will become permanent dents, and the surface is very difficult to clean.
plastic 94712.JPG
This is 94712, a plastic mannequin. She's a big step up in realism, but also in hardness and coldness. The plastic is thin and slightly pliable, so she does give a bit when I hug her, the same way the cloth mannequins can do. This is the lightest weight type and also the cheapest and easiest to clean, so I would recommend it as a starting point if you're just starting to get into mannequins.
hd plastic 217.JPG
This is 217, a high-durability plastic mannequin. This material feels much more solid than the standard plastic, and lacks the "give" that the cheaper models have, so hugging her isn't terribly pleasant unless she's wearing thick clothes to provide some cushion. She also becomes much colder after exposure to low temperatures than the previous 2 types. This type is a significant step up in weight as well. On the plus side, her hands are much more realistic and delicate than those of the previous types, so this type might appeal to those who consider hands to be an important feature.
fibreglass 2608.JPG
This is 2608, a fibreglass mannequin. Fibreglass is the sturdiest, most solid-feeling of all, so hugging this guy is essentially like snuggling a rock. His type is the coldest and the heaviest of all. Fibreglass mannequins are also more delicate than the plastic types; they can crack and scratch when dropped or scraped, so you have to handle them carefully when you dress and move them. Personally, I would recommend this type as eye candy rather than cuddle buddy material.

Another thing to keep in mind is the pose. If you want a mannequin for cuddling, simpler is better. Standing straight, with arms down at the sides and legs together, is the easiest to lie beside without being uncomfortable. Slanting shoulders like 217 has will make it very difficult to find a comfortable lying position (though interestingly, she is the most comfortable to sit beside on the sofa). And bent arm or leg poses like 2608's make it more difficult to stabilise the mannequin's parts as it's lying down, and tend to get in the way when you're trying to hug it. Personally, I would recommend getting one without a detachable leg as well, if you can. The detachable leg doesn't really provide that much ease of dressing, and comes at the cost of a leg that can easily detach from the body when the mannequin is lying down, unless you keep it taped or glued in place.

You also asked about sleeping positions. Well, this is pretty much the only one you can use with mannequins:
lying down.JPG
I think it's also nice to put a 2nd one behind me, to support my back. The hard types are actually very helpful for supporting and easing the pain of a sore back.
Nice seeing you here again! You have been missed.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Post by 42716 »

kudos0028 wrote:42716 thanks for the detailed explanation of the different types of mannequins! When you say the cheaper plastic ones have some give to them, do you mean the parts where the limbs are attached or the plastic material itself? If going cheap means the limbs are more likely to break I'll gladly pay extra for a higher quality mannequin. You mentioned the fiber glass mannequins are heavier, is it by a significant amount? Also is the fiber glass more tacky feeling than the plastic ones? By that I mean is your skin more likely to glide smoothy across a plastic one? Thanks for all the info!
By "give", I was trying to describe the sensation of the hugged object compressing under the force of your hug. That is, the material itself will respond to the pressure being exerted upon it. Compare hugging a teddy bear to hugging a marble statue of a bear; the fact that the teddy bear's body compresses in tandem with the force you're exerting on it is one factor that makes it the more comfortable choice to hug.

I would estimate that the cloth mannequin type has about 1/6 the give of a teddy bear, and the simple plastic type has about 1/10 as much. The HD plastic and fibreglass types have no give because the material is denser and thicker, which is also the reason for their increased weight. An aside: I'm a hard hugger, so much so that I leave humans gasping for breath when I squeeze them as firmly as I'd like to, so this could be responsible for the give I elicit from the simple plastic units. A gentler hugger might not discern a difference between the give factor of a simple plastic mannequin versus an HD plastic one.

I haven't ever weighed the mannequins, but my guess is that the difference between the lightest type (simple plastic) and the heaviest type (fibreglass) is about 4 kg versus 12 kg. Probably the heaviest a mannequin would ever be is about 18 kg, if you got one of the bodybuilder-style, 2 m tall men. Still worlds lighter than any silicone doll, but if you have weak joints and/or back as I do, it does feel like a considerable difference. There isn't much difference between the weight of the HD plastic and fibreglass types; that's more like 10 kg vs. 12 kg.

I don't think you need to worry about the simple plastic types breaking under you weight. I weigh 68 kg and have lain down on top of mine without any damage to them (although I've never flopped down, slammed them, or done anything rough). I think the most important factor to bear in mind to avoid damage to the joints is to choose a mannequin with a pose that allows all its parts to be well-supported by the bed, or other structure, on which it's lying. Arms or legs that stick up in the air while the mannequin is lying down will be much more vulnerable to the joints getting broken. So definitely avoid this pose at all costs:
4101 full.JPG
4101 full.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 2677 times
I have only lain 4101 down once, and I immediately realised its leg pose is incredibly unsuitable for a reclining position. The front leg becomes elevated in the air, and puts immense pressure on the waist joint to counterbalance the weight of that floating leg. It doesn't help that 4101 is a simple plastic/fibreglass hybrid (the white parts are plastic, and the black ones fibreglass), so the unbalanced weight of the bottom half requires great care when handling.

Finally, as for your question about surface smoothness, I think the HD plastic type is superior in this area, but it does vary a great deal from manufacturer to manufacturer.
52016 at pond 3.JPG
52016 at pond 3.JPG (2.53 MiB) Viewed 2677 times
52016 is a simple plastic unit, but she was made by a different manufacturer than the others of her type, and her body is much smoother, slicker, and colder to the touch than the others. The seams on her arms, legs, and hands are also much less visible and rough. On the downside, she's the only one that has these sharp little "grip nubs" on various points of her body, such as elbows and breasts, that are intended to help clothing stay in place, which I imagine would be cumbersome to deal with were both parties to be naked. (I say imagine, because none of us ever interacts without being fully clothed, sexless robots that we are.) I think the simple plastic types are more prone to having these features, like the grip nubs and sharp seams on the fingers, that lessen their smoothness. Once you move up to HD plastic and fibreglass, it's a big improvement in finishing technique and surface realism (which corresponds to a significant increase in price).

If you're interested in manufacturer names and/or sources for any of these types, I'd be happy to help.

kudos0028

Post by kudos0028 »

42716 Thanks so much. That was very helpful information. As a newbie I wasnt event aware of that some models have grip numbs. I'm looking for the smoothest and sturdiest mannequin possible. It sounds like that might be the HD plastic with an appropriate pose such as standing straight with arms at the sides. I wish there were places I could go (maybe there are?) where I could view and touch the mannequins in person. If you have any particular sellers that you recommend, that would be useful. I haven't gotten very far in terms of looking for a reputable vendor. Thanks again for your help :)

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Mr Franz wrote:
samara78 wrote:I like sleeping with my manniquin sometimes. She is plastic. Sometimes she loses a limb at night. No biggie though.
Not inclined to sleep with my mannequin, but that would be a deal breaker for me. I don't even like to detach Suzy's limbs when I'm dressing her. 8O
Understandable i feel the same way.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Post by 42716 »

kudos0028 wrote:42716 Thanks so much. That was very helpful information. As a newbie I wasnt event aware of that some models have grip numbs. I'm looking for the smoothest and sturdiest mannequin possible. It sounds like that might be the HD plastic with an appropriate pose such as standing straight with arms at the sides. I wish there were places I could go (maybe there are?) where I could view and touch the mannequins in person. If you have any particular sellers that you recommend, that would be useful. I haven't gotten very far in terms of looking for a reputable vendor. Thanks again for your help :)
217 is from AMT Mannequins. I purchased her from their eBay listing, but they seem to have a larger variety available on their own site. Here's the link to their website: http://www.amt-mannequins.com/

They sell mannequins made from a variety of materials, and as far as I can tell, they don't specify the material in the description on their own site. I would recommend you contact them and inquire about the material a model is made of before you purchase it. You could mention you're specifically looking for a mannequin made of the same "unbreakable plastic" (as they call it) as their Tanya model.

I don't know if AMT have a warehouse, but they're based in California, so if that's a convenient location for you, you might ask them about it. I've been to Roxy Display's warehouse in New Jersey, and if it's anything like that one, they won't have every single model of mannequin on display for examination; only the damaged and discounted models, and a small selection of their best sellers.

kudos0028

Post by kudos0028 »

thanks again 42716

plasticplease
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by plasticplease »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:If I'm off topic, ignore me... but how is sex with a mannequin like? I mean, i always kinda wanted to add it to my bucket list ;) I'm into dolls, but I'll admit I can't go to the mall or a sporting goods store without lingering around the female mannequins...and touching if no one's looking :)
Haha, same here. I masturbate to mannequin pics but haven't had sex with one yet.

plasticplease
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by plasticplease »

MannequinFan wrote:I've found that the kneeling mannequins are the most versatile.
Both legs can be removed so they are much more manageable for couch snuggling. :)
Soft clothing also helps with the hardness issue.

This is a Loutoff Eva4 mod I did a couple of years ago...
IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3479.JPG
Omg, so sexy .

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks PP!

BTW, when the weather warms up here in a few months I'll be selling my Audio Eva and Fiona mannequins to help offset the cost of my new printer. If anyone would be interested, just click on the links in my signature for the mod threads and PM me for more info.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

I slept a lot with my articulated mannequin. She is fantastic in bed, both for having sex with and for sleeping with. I didn't mind her coldness and hardness any. Clothing and being under the covers helps in that area.

plasticplease
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by plasticplease »

narcissus wrote:I slept a lot with my articulated mannequin. She is fantastic in bed, both for having sex with and for sleeping with. I didn't mind her coldness and hardness any. Clothing and being under the covers helps in that area.
I think the cold hardness is a plus but I am crazy for plastic lovers :)

INFORMATIONS