www.wmdolls.com

Time for another mannequin mod! (Fiona my crouching MQ)

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Time for another mannequin mod! (Fiona my crouching MQ)

Post by MannequinFan »

About a year and a half ago I purchased this mannequin at Roxy Display, and she's been patiently waiting all this time for some improvements.
Sammie's mod was more of an art piece, this one will be more for functional purposes. :)
So without further ado, here we go!

Here she is at Roxy Display...
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... show9.html

She is, or was rather, the glossy white version of this mannequin...
http://www.roxydisplayinc.com/webpage/m ... e/fr7.html

Of all the mannequins I've looked at, this is probably the best one I've seen for modification for the most number of sex positions.
The legs are in almost perfect position, IMO much better than the kneeling mannequins, with the caveat being that the right leg needs to be turned a bit to get the foot out of the way.
Both legs come off very close to the hip so she makes an excellent torso as well, and the joints have a nice feature that kind of locks the legs into position.
The large notches are for inserting the leg in the joint and the small notches lock the leg into position, sort of clever...
002.JPG
002.JPG (499.41 KiB) Viewed 20558 times
007.JPG
007.JPG (473.09 KiB) Viewed 20558 times
MODIFICATIONS

Fiona came to me with some impact damages to her leg and the paint on her hands was badly blistered so I got her with a pretty good discount.
The first thing on the agenda was to get her paint completely stripped. More on that here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=210
This turned out to be quite a lot of work and about 1-1/2 quart cans of stripper to finish.
The strong 15 min. Klean Strip product from Home Depot worked well for removing the shiny white paint.

New Eyes

Since the original eyes were just sculpted, she will be needing new 3d printed eyes. In order to install them the head needed to be opened up for access.
Drilling a few holes close together, a slot was made to start cutting with the mini hacksaw. This tool works really well for making relatively straight cuts in the thin fiberglass. The Dremel with a small grinding bit was used to finish out the eye holes...
001.JPG
001.JPG (751.86 KiB) Viewed 20558 times
To make the skull piece removable, a bead of epoxy putty will be applied around the edge of the opening on the head, then some saran wrap laid over that and the cut out piece pressed onto it forming a nice seat. I'll use some small screws or maybe some kind of clip arrangement to hold it on, not sure yet.

Insert
I decided to go with the old tried and true Fleshlight for insert, since I already have one and I know it works well and feels good.
I had thought about using one of those Penthouse pussy and ass toys like the Jenna Rose, but it would require foam to hold it in place and I'm not sure how good those units are since I've never had one. The one big advantage of the Fleshlight is that they are widely used and available in many different styles and textures as well.
To make a smooth, safe and seamless install, I have designed and 3d printed a sleeve holder that fits to the body of this mannequin...
001-004.JPG
001-004.JPG (763.46 KiB) Viewed 20558 times
The odd looking wheel like thing is a tracing template for cutting the hole in the mannequin. Due to its shape it pretty much locates itself...
006.JPG
006.JPG (823.64 KiB) Viewed 20558 times
1/8" holes are drilled close together, then connected to cut hole, then rotary file bit is used to finish out the opening...
006.JPG
006.JPG (863.76 KiB) Viewed 20558 times
This is the unit loosely installed. It will be epoxied in place and pulled tight with a temporary screw attachment until the epoxy sets.
The flanges are very thin - 2mm, so it can be smoothly blended to the body with epoxy putty or filler.
003.JPG
003.JPG (443.11 KiB) Viewed 20558 times
That's it for now, but there's much more ahead for this mannequin so stay tuned.

MF
:)

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Re: Time for another mannequin mod! (Fiona my crouching MQ)

Post by Tybalt »

You turned me on at least.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

WOW!!
Fantastic job on the mods.
Can't wait to see how she turns out!

RK
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey thanks guys!
She's not much to look at yet, but I think once she's painted with tan lines and all, she'll look pretty hot.
BTW I just received some of these classique 120 silicone nippples in the mail yesterday.
Very impressed with the quality for $20 - very realistic texture.
001.JPG
001.JPG (266.7 KiB) Viewed 20524 times

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

That's really amazing work. Did you 3d scan her in order to make the sleeve holder?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Agalmato wrote:That's really amazing work. Did you 3d scan her in order to make the sleeve holder?
Thanks and yes I scanned the MQ with an Xbox Kinect sensor and Reconstructme software.
It's fairly accurate for getting basic contours. As you can see it doesn't pick up sharp details though.
fleshlight holder1.jpg
fleshlight holder1.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 20470 times

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

I have tried the Kinect and Reconstructme but never got as far as you. Wow, really good stuff! :thumbs_up:
Can't wait to see more progress photos.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright then, here's the sleeve holder permanently installed set in a heavy bead of Loctite epoxy for plastic.
The screws will come out after the epoxy has cured and the edge will be feathered out with some JB weld epoxy putty.
001.JPG
001.JPG (317.08 KiB) Viewed 20402 times

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

I wonder, could you have waxed the 3d print, lay fibreglass on it, let it cure then de-mold it from the 3d print and fibreglass it directly onto the torso?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Agalmato wrote:I wonder, could you have waxed the 3d print, lay fibreglass on it, let it cure then de-mold it from the 3d print and fibreglass it directly onto the torso?
Hi Agalmato,
Not sure why you'd want to do that, but I suppose you could.
This installation was simple - only took about 10 minutes.
Just slather some epoxy on the back of the flange and press into place.
The epoxy sets up in 5-8 minutes and is cured and ready to handle in 30 minutes.

Using the JB Weld epoxy putty and a phillips screwdriver as a tool, I gave her a little indication of a sphincter...
002.JPG
002.JPG (265.7 KiB) Viewed 20347 times
For the rest of the feathering I'll use some ZAR latex wood filler.
This is a smooth fine grained putty that sands to a feathered edge very well.

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

Oh, only because when you use similar materials to bond together, they tend to flex the same way without stress damage. But what you're doing looks really good so please continue with the progress photos.

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: Just a hapless waif caught up on the fickle winds of fate.

Post by LWhisperer »

MF! You added a lil chocolate starfish! Very cool! You never cease to amaze me, brother. Rock on!
My friend at the asylum once told me, "If you don't mess with people, how do you know they're really there?"

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Yes, MF
Please limit yourself to giving Fiona the slam to 5 times or less per day. You probably overlooked the fine print regarding sexual abuse damage when you purchased her from Roxy Display!!

RK :lol:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Bigbuttlover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Bigbuttlover »

I thought your thread title meant that you are leaving this forum and hence a new moderator is needed to moderate the mannequins section. Glad to hear it's not true, because you are the much needed guru of the mannequins section.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Bigbuttlover wrote:I thought your thread title meant that you are leaving this forum and hence a new moderator is needed to moderate the mannequins section. Glad to hear it's not true, because you are the much needed guru of the mannequins section.
HA!
I didn't stop to think of it that way BBL!
I hope Guitar Boy doesn't get the wrong idea, lol. He's the founder and the moderator of the MQ section.
Agalmato wrote:Oh, only because when you use similar materials to bond together, they tend to flex the same way without stress damage. But what you're doing looks really good so please continue with the progress photos.
That's a good point.
My hope though is that with the insert holder epoxied in place that it will be pretty rigid in that area.
I think if Fiona starts flexing that's a good sign that maybe I need to lay off the cheese doodles. :D
LWhisperer wrote:MF! You added a lil chocolate starfish! Very cool! You never cease to amaze me, brother. Rock on!
Thanks LW! That's a little technique that worked pretty well on Sammie so I thought I'd give Fiona a little brown eye too.
rubherkitty wrote:Yes, MF
Please limit yourself to giving Fiona the slam to 5 times or less per day.
Wow RK, If I could do that I'd go into business as a high priced gigolo.
Ok...well...maybe an economy gigolo.
Ok, with my age and looks more like the unknown economy gigolo...

INFORMATIONS