www.wmdolls.com

Time for another mannequin mod! (Fiona my crouching MQ)

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Time for another mannequin mod! (Fiona my crouching MQ)

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks, no biggie.

The closing eyelids is one of the main things I like about this design. I don't have very much trouble adjusting the eyes independently w/ Nikki so.... but having them tied together would make it easier. I plan to get a Hairart stylist head for a new project and am not sure what it is made of or how it would work with printed parts anyway. Probably some type of pliable vinyl w/a foam core?
Attachments
head4212__63824_zoom.jpg
head4212__63824_zoom.jpg (27.92 KiB) Viewed 6595 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

with standing straight legs .. she could be a 'bend her over the kitchen counter' do me now fantasy doll !!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Well folks, I'm back on poor neglected Fiona for a little while.
I got her out of her box, dusted her off and started looking at what needs to be finished.
r363b wrote:with standing straight legs .. she could be a 'bend her over the kitchen counter' do me now fantasy doll !!
Yep r363b, she could be good that way.
Actually, she works the best on her back at the end of the bed. The torso also works nice for missionary position without the legs - when on top of her you really aren't aware of the legs anyway.
Her hips are thrust forward which is better for missionary as opposed to Eva which is arched back more which is better for doggy. I think I'm going to make her some leg caps for torso play similar to the ones for Eva.

I printed some new nipples for her yesterday. I also gave her a little landing strip using some craft fur... :)
IMG_3759.JPG
IMG_3759.JPG (458.76 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
IMG_3760.JPG
IMG_3760.JPG (364.47 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
So, the list of mods for this one will be leg caps, nipples, tan lines, movable eyes, movable/removable head and of course the Fleshlight adapter.
The arms on this MQ aren't really suitable for the magnetic joints so I'll just glue some magnets to the body shoulder to hold the arms on.
The leg connectors on this MQ are also very unique so magnets aren't going to work. However the right leg only needs to be turned a little for her to be usable.

sture
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by sture »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks, no biggie.

The closing eyelids is one of the main things I like about this design. I don't have very much trouble adjusting the eyes independently w/ Nikki so.... but having them tied together would make it easier. I plan to get a Hairart stylist head for a new project and am not sure what it is made of or how it would work with printed parts anyway. Probably some type of pliable vinyl w/a foam core?
Those heads are very small. I was planning to do some "frankenstaining" with a 160 cm anime doll and such head once, but when I saw it IRL I knew it would look awkward...

Click to go to my Doll Album

I find greater companionship in inert figures, animals & speechless artifacts, for I can enjoy their presence & there is no psychic drain”
― Anton Szandor LaVey

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Been working on a new eyelid unit for Fiona today.
This one will have two piece eyeballs with a window screen spring inside. Hopefully the eyes will be easy to move yet hold their positions well.
spring loaded eyes.jpg
spring loaded eyes.jpg (338.61 KiB) Viewed 6283 times
Taking from what I learned on Abby, the lower lids are small and printed in a dark gray plastic so they are not really visible...
IMG_3770.JPG
IMG_3770.JPG (517.35 KiB) Viewed 6283 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

A little more progress on Fiona today giving her a neck joint!
In case anyone is interested in how I do this, I'll show a step by step on this mod.
While the joint parts are printing I thought I'd go ahead and get her decapitated. 8O

In order to get a perfectly straight and level cut, a thin band was printed as a guide to trace the cut line...
IMG_3773.JPG
IMG_3773.JPG (755.76 KiB) Viewed 6248 times
Next, 1/8" holes are drilled about 3/8"-1/2" apart on the cut line.
I started the holes with an awl first to make sure they are centered exactly on the cut line and to keep the drill bit from wandering off course.
Next I used a mini hacksaw to connect the dots and make the final cut. Rubbing bar soap on the blade helps to keep it from binding up.
IMG_3775.JPG
IMG_3775.JPG (764.2 KiB) Viewed 6248 times
To give the cut edge a final dressing, 60 grit sandpaper is taped down on a flat countertop and the edge is sanded to make it flat and even...
IMG_3779.JPG
IMG_3779.JPG (709.82 KiB) Viewed 6248 times
Continuing tomorrow with the joint installation.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Alright, here's the rest of the joint installation procedure.

I'll be using the Ave's Apoxie Sculpt and Paste products together to install the joints.
I've found this to be an excellent combo - the sculpt is a putty similar to epoxy putty which is great for forming the socket while the paste is more like a peanut butter consistency and works great as an adhesive.
Both products have the same makeup and cure time so they work well together.
https://www.avesstudio.com/apoxie/apoxie-sculpt
https://www.avesstudio.com/apoxie/apoxie-paste

First, the inside surface of the neck is roughed up with 60 grit sandpaper and then cleaned with acetone...
IMG_3780.JPG
IMG_3780.JPG (724.47 KiB) Viewed 6216 times
Next, two 1tsp balls of A & B are measured out, mixed and rolled into ropes.
The neck is about 3-1/2" in diameter so I'll need two ropes about 5-1/2" long to go all around...
IMG_3782.JPG
IMG_3782.JPG (792.91 KiB) Viewed 6216 times
Next, the ropes of sculpt are applied to the inside of the neck evenly to about 1/4" thick all around.
The printed joint part is then moistened with water and pressed into place and then removed to form a close fitting socket...
IMG_3784.JPG
IMG_3784.JPG (660.6 KiB) Viewed 6216 times
Next, a full teaspoon of the Apoxie Paste is mixed and applied evenly to the flange of the joint part making sure the v-groove on the flange is filled with paste...
IMG_3786.JPG
IMG_3786.JPG (802.2 KiB) Viewed 6216 times
The part is then pressed back into position with the paste adhesive and the excess that squeezes out is removed and smoothed using an old credit card...
IMG_3788.JPG
IMG_3788.JPG (689.4 KiB) Viewed 6216 times
After 24 hour cure this will be ready for sanding and finishing. The pin part on the body will be done the exact same way.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Great job!

Will she lose a little bit of neck height?
Maybe less material removal and sanding to use a 1/16" drill for the cut line holes.
Just a lot more holes to drill though! LOL
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks RK!
Actually she might gain just a tiny bit. The saw blade is very thin and the flanges on the joint parts are 1/16" thick so that will add 1/8" of height.
Thanks for posting. Sometimes I think you're the only one who looks at these things, lol. :)

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

OK, I see now that the flange fits over the cut edge.
I didn't zoom in on the pics. :oops:

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

That's a really slick idea Mannequin Fan!!! I gave up on doing jointed necks, but this gave me an idea so I can use all these loose heads I have lying around, I can make similar connector from wood and fiberglass it in, sort of what I do when reposing limbs and feet, same principal, but I don't have a printer, but I DO have a bandsaw and lots of wood and fiberglass...I shall play...

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

With your skills I'm sure you can do it FG! :)

Here is Fiona with her new neck joint and eyes. She can turn her head now!
She's usually looking to her right.
IMG_3798.JPG
IMG_3798.JPG (1014.43 KiB) Viewed 6008 times
I decided to stick with the lower eyelids for now. I think she'll look pretty good with some simple bold makeup and eyebrows.
The eyes are 3d printed with the magnetic glass lenses and a custom deep blue iris...
Fiona-makeup study.JPG
Fiona-makeup study.JPG (492.18 KiB) Viewed 6008 times

Fiberglass guy

Post by Fiberglass guy »

NICE EYES! And I like the nose piercing too! I add that to most of mine as well...

fenfen
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

This build is epic!

Post by fenfen »

Amazing! You must have tons of ambition! Kudos
Life is short.
If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several,......do not under any circumstances play hard to get.
Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks FG and fenfen! :)

Generally I don't care much for lots of tattoos and piercings, but I do like the little nose studs.
As a far as ambition - I seem to get it in small bursts, lol.
Some days I don't feel like doing crap, and sometimes it's like I can't quit.

INFORMATIONS