www.wmdolls.com

Are mannequins safe

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
JamesStark

Are mannequins safe

Post by JamesStark »

When I got mine it has an awful plastic smell. And from what I read the paint they use for mannequins is usually acrylic paint, and some acrylic paint contains lead or so. I had no warning stickers on mine.

Just wondering.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Are mannequins safe

Post by Mr Franz »

As long as you don't plan on eating it, you should be fine.... :lol:

The plastic smell will subside after a while and the paint does not come off easily. Had mine for over 15 years. Same paint, same make up. Even the same name polish. Not one chip or fade in any of it.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

You probably bought a PE mannequin. Polyethylene plastic.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

JamesStark

Post by JamesStark »

Yes that's what it was PE plastic. The head seems to be made of a softer material.

I've just read somewhere about how some sex toys contain harmful materials and was wondering if the same would apply for mannequins.

Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nildi »

Fiberglass is safe as long as you don't breathe in the dust when sanding etc. PE and other plastics should be safe even if ingested in small amounts. As to the paint - some of the make-up can rub off, but it's illegal now to use lead, mercury and most other toxic chemicals in paint. At least in the EU, but I think in the US as well.

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Even fiberglass mannequins reek at first. All of mine smelled real bad for a time, but subsided eventually. I wouldn't worry about it hurting you though.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

The only real issue w/ PE is you can't paint it very easy or glue anything to it VS fiberglass that accepts all kinds of paint and glue, bondo, etc for doing modifications. But you may only want the mannequin as is.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS