www.wmdolls.com

Good glue for modding or repairing your mannequins

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Nildi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Good glue for modding or repairing your mannequins

Post by Nildi »

After trying various glues and resins I finally found the perfect mannequin glue. The problem with others, even epoxy resin for car plastics repair that's recommended on several mannequin restoration blogs, is that while it holds well when my girls are on display, it cracks under dynamic loads during "playtime" :mrgreen:
The glue is Multibond 15, it's a Polish brand, but I'm sure there are equivalents in other countries. What's important is that it is marketed as a ski, surfboard and other sports equipment repair glue. The specification explicitly states that it's highly elastic and made to resist vibration and bending. What's more, it can be easily injected into cracks so you don't need access to inner surface of your mannequin. And it's available in tan which makes cosmetic coverup easier.
Hope this will prove useful! :D
Attachments
IMG_20180509_094123_1.jpg
IMG_20180509_094123_1.jpg (278.33 KiB) Viewed 1876 times

John929295
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Good glue for modding or repairing your mannequins

Post by John929295 »

Nildi wrote:After trying various glues and resins I finally found the perfect mannequin glue. The problem with others, even epoxy resin for car plastics repair that's recommended on several mannequin restoration blogs, is that while it holds well when my girls are on display, it cracks under dynamic loads during "playtime" :mrgreen:
The glue is Multibond 15, it's a Polish brand, but I'm sure there are equivalents in other countries. What's important is that it is marketed as a ski, surfboard and other sports equipment repair glue. The specification explicitly states that it's highly elastic and made to resist vibration and bending. What's more, it can be easily injected into cracks so you don't need access to inner surface of your mannequin. And it's available in tan which makes cosmetic coverup easier.
Hope this will prove useful! :D
'Hot glue' also stays a bit elastic, esp. in higher temperatures. It is applied with a glue gun.

INFORMATIONS