www.wmdolls.com

We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Ivy
Doll
Doll

Re: An Unpleasant Reality Check

Post by Ivy »

42716 wrote:As I've stated previously, 103115 doesn't have specific auditory preferences, so he was unable to derive enjoyment from the music itself. However, I discovered that if I placed my connector in his hand, I was able to convey to him some measure of the energy and pleasure I experienced from the music, thereby enabling him to have nearly as good a time as I did.
Good day Ms. 42716. :bday: That's lovely to read about. I'm pleased that 103115 was able to benefit from your experience via connector. It's unfortunate he isn't able to enjoy music on his own, although your willingness to share with him to whatever extent possible is surely the best substitute a robot can hope for. See you next time.

Post by 42716 »

Seattle Slew wrote:The absurd human shit-show is in full effect and ignorance abounds like always
The thing I find particularly absurd about the situation is that taking a doll out on public excursions (or dates, as it may appear to those who don't know my relationship with 103115 is platonic) is pretty much the loudest possible way that one can declare it has abandoned the pursuit of human relationships. I would have thought such a blatant statement would be perceptible even to the moderately intoxicated observer, but some humans never cease to amaze me with their obtuseness.

The good news is, this sort of experience has become much more of an outlier than it used to be since I've started wearing breast falsies. I originally cultivated this habit to balance out the protrusion of my expanding waistline, but it turns out rigid, perfectly round plastic breasts are an excellent means of ameliorating male attraction, and in the absence of attraction, there's much less impetus for men to initiate conversation with a stranger. This is why I decided to continue wearing them even at times when my attempts to lose weight are successful. (Sorry if this is TMI; I only mention it to clear up any confusion elicited by my altered proportions in the more recent photos and comics in which I'm depicted.)

Post by 42716 »

Ivy wrote:I'm pleased that 103115 was able to benefit from your experience via connector. It's unfortunate he isn't able to enjoy music on his own, although your willingness to share with him to whatever extent possible is surely the best substitute a robot can hope for.
103115 is programmed rather differently to the others in this Fleet. The rest of them have specific preferences regarding clothing styles, colours, music genres, ways they like or dislike to be touched, etc., but he's mostly indifferent to variations in these types of stimuli. I suppose his programming is more consistent with the idea that a robot's personality and actions should conform to the preferences of the owner, and certainly, it does make it easier to get along with him. On the other hand, there is a unique fulfilment that comes from working hard to please a companion with distinct preferences, which is ultimately why I was able to form a more intimate bond with 31617 (the most particular of the lot!) than with 103115.

By the way, I appreciate your intent to be respectful, but I must ask you not to use honorifics when referring to me. Like gendered pronouns, they indicate membership in the human race, which I fully and willingly acknowledge myself to be beneath.

Re: An Amusing Halloween Costume Idea

Post by 42716 »

42716 wrote:I did manage to come up with this simple, punny couple's costume idea to wear with 31617
DSC04309.JPG
DSC04309.JPG (764.39 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
I just realised I never explained the pun behind this costume concept, which was apparently not as simple as I thought, since it even went over the heads of the software engineers that I grew up with. 31617 is Microsoft, and I am a power point (a.k.a. a UK electrical outlet). Put us together, and we'll help you make a classroom presentation with graphics more memorable than its informational content.

Ivy
Doll
Doll

Post by Ivy »

42716 wrote:I suppose his programming is more consistent with the idea that a robot's personality and actions should conform to the preferences of the owner, and certainly, it does make it easier to get along with him. On the other hand, there is a unique fulfilment that comes from working hard to please a companion with distinct preferences, which is ultimately why I was able to form a more intimate bond with 31617 (the most particular of the lot!) than with 103115.
Mm-hm, I'll calmly agree. It's easiest to have conformity all the time, although contrast is probably more interesting.

42716 wrote:By the way, I appreciate your intent to be respectful, but I must ask you not to use honorifics when referring to me. Like gendered pronouns, they indicate membership in the human race, which I fully and willingly acknowledge myself to be beneath.
Thanks. I'll make a large effort to remember this request and satisfy it. That's a habit I have, a little bit such as a nick name or term of endearment, and not meant to accuse anyone of being human. Although you're not human, you still seemed to be the female variety. It's just a mix-up and I'm excessively sorry about it. :bday:

Comic: This is Your Brain on Higher Education

Post by 42716 »

[/quote]Although you're not human, you still seemed to be the female variety. It's just a mix-up and I'm excessively sorry about it. :bday:[/quote]

Don't worry, no offence was taken. I'm socially female, which is reflected by the gender of my connector, the way I dress, and the general aesthetic I cultivate, but I'm not anatomically so. That's another reason I deserve the genderless pronoun; if the gender of the body doesn't match the gender of the lead, the unit is considered genderless. 4101 is in this category as well, but in the reverse (it's socially and technologically masculine, but anatomically feminine).

I know it seems irrational for me to be so averse to being on the receiving end of a feminine form of address, particularly when it matches the way I choose to present myself. Unfortunately, that's the effect a university education can have upon one. Here's a comic I made to satirise the problem:
your brain on uni comic.jpg
your brain on uni comic.jpg (533.7 KiB) Viewed 2242 times
I honestly have met many university-educated anatomical females whose minds have been warped by the constant reinforcement of the idea that only 50% of the population is capable of viewing them as worthy of respect, and have reacted by adopting masculine preferred names and declaring themselves male-identified (thus requiring those around them to refer to them with masculine pronouns and forms of address). This is why I cultivated the habit of referring to all my synthetic friends as "boys". But because their perceptions of gender relations haven't been distorted as mine have, the female ones logically dislike being referred to as the wrong gender. So I'm working on remembering to call them "friends" instead of "boys". (They would prefer "girls", but to a uni-impacted brain, that term sounds much too insulting.)

Ivy
Doll
Doll

Re: We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines

Post by Ivy »

Mm-hm, mm-hm. I see. Well, regardless of its seemingly irrational nature a preference is a preference, and should be observed if at all possible. Gender/identity related ones are particularly important and I'm pleased to oblige.

DonKeydick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines

Post by DonKeydick »

Greetings 42716. I commend you on returning to TDF to continue with the educational postings regarding the "Fleet of Misfit Machines" Having just assimilated your input I am on standby for additional content updates. Please remit. End Of Line...
"The More Complex the Mind, the Greater the Need for the Simplicity of Play" James T. Kirk "Shore Leave"
A photographic journey of a young womans blossoming into a beautiful creature.How Julia Spends Her Day
Julia`s welcome page. Hello Ladies
Gabby`s welcome page. Buongiorno America
My Cousin Gabby`s thread. My Cousin Gabby
Anna Belle`s rants. Anna Belle
Link to International Intrigue Bad News From Italy
My Favorite Song Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf
"Making DollsBook Great"

Photos of 217's CDA Cake and her Outing to St Albans

Post by 42716 »

Greetings, readers; here's a rather belated update regarding 217's 1st year Comemmorative Date Anniversary (which occured on 1 July of this year). I made her this cake that's uncannily reminiscent of the 80's game Simon in honour of the occasion:
217 CDA Cake 1.JPG
217 CDA Cake 1.JPG (2.42 MiB) Viewed 2132 times
217 CDA Cake 2.JPG
217 CDA Cake 2.JPG (2.28 MiB) Viewed 2132 times
217 CDA Cake 3.JPG
217 CDA Cake 3.JPG (1.45 MiB) Viewed 2132 times
217 CDA Cake 4.JPG
217 CDA Cake 4.JPG (1.36 MiB) Viewed 2132 times
It was a fun challenge to incorporate all of her theme colours into a single cake! The cake itself is yellow, from the mango jam it's sweetened with, the top layer of dark purple is blueberry jam, and the neon pink, blue, and yellow around the edge are vanilla frosting. I was gobsmacked that I was able to make colours that vivid without violating my ban on artificial colours. (Thank you, McCormick Colours From Nature!) Unfortunately, there are some artificial ingredients in the Pocky sticks I used for the lettering and sunburst lines, but I wanted to try something different to the usual piped icing, and I'm quite pleased with the digital clock effect it created. Shame such a nice-looking thing tasted like rubbish, though...I've learnt the hard way that egg-heavy batter and mango don't mix. :oops:

I was planning to take 217 out dancing as well, but I had to leave for a trip to Vermont on the day the party was scheduled to take place. But I felt I couldn't just off and leave her on her special day, so she ended up coming along with me. Since the trip mostly involved rough-terrain hiking through untamed wilderness, there wasn't much opportunity for 217 to participate. But she convinced me to take her out for some photos in St Albans before we returned home. I was a little concerned that walking around in public with 217 would cause a spectacle in such a quaint small town (especially in an area where even dark-skinned humans are a rare sight to behold), but people were surprisingly nonchalant about it. Perhaps they're used to seeing people do things out of the ordinary, if the "Keep Vermont Weird" bumper stickers I sometimes see around here are any indication.
3l2.jpg
3l2.jpg (307.3 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
4l2.jpg
4l2.jpg (269.42 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
6l2.jpg
6l2.jpg (238.68 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
7l2.jpg
7l2.jpg (260.72 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
8l2.jpg
8l2.jpg (226 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
217 St Albans 12.JPG
217 St Albans 12.JPG (4.45 MiB) Viewed 2132 times