www.wmdolls.com

We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
Mello_Pello
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: We Are the Robots: the Fleet of Misfit Machines

Post by Mello_Pello »

42716 wrote:
Mello_Pello wrote:wouldnt it be cool to 'make' a perfect getaway and imaginary space in a corner of a room? A place that U can make for free...a fantasy place or space to take Ur companion to on special times.
This is basically what I've done with the room where I piled up all the pillows to make a resting station for us. That entire room is sort of a secret base, filled with all sorts of colourful, cute things. It was mostly inspired by the secret bases you can make in the Pokémon games, which allow you to put cute dolls and posters in a little space your Pokémon carves out of a rock or tree. Kind of strange, when you think about it, since they'd all get destroyed by the elements pretty quickly.

I think it's a good idea, especially if you can't afford to go out and see the world...but if you can do, then experiencing adventure for real is sure to be more rewarding than just imagining. That's why I'm working to make it possible for all of us to do more travelling and have more exciting experiences. It's not going to be easy, on my budget, and certainly trips like this will be out of the question most, if not all, of the time, but I'm determined to make it happen.
Thats awesome 42716. I dont know much about Pokemon..but what you describe sounds pretty rad to me. Ive always been about creating and having my own little forts and secret places. Places I can escape to. Even as an adult...I collect books about building cabins and forest forts and such. I feel at peace thinking about my own places, where no one can find me and I can do as I please. I do agree, I enjoy my roadtrips and daily getaways. Havent taken my doll, but me and my dogs love getting in the car and just taking off. Freedom on the road. Anyways, I think I understand what youre saying..U wanna take the misfits to places and experience some memories together. I think thats cool. And I dig Ur style:) Thanks again for the read...always enjoy keeping up to date with Ur thread.
-Mello

Post by 42716 »

SynDaverlover765 wrote:How nice is it to sleep with sounds like that. How many hours do you and 31617 listen to it? 1062 and I advrage 15 hours a day of im playing his sounds. Love sleeping with his sounds. Do the others listen too? Too bad that 31617 or any of the others could play the cd for you. Who or what plays your music anyway? Is it another member of the fleet? What is the name or link to what you are listening to at night.
My old friend 5059434 (505 for short) is the one that plays the relaxing CDs for us, just as it has done for me these past 20-plus years.
It's the one on the right in the photo.
K-5 and 505.JPG
K-5 and 505.JPG (2.45 MiB) Viewed 4059 times
K-5 on the left is its predecessor, and being a cassette-only machine, sadly doesn't see much use as a music player these days, since I've transitioned most of my music collection to CDs and MP3s. It's still useful as a microphone system for karaoke practice, though.

When 31617 and I listen to relaxing music, we put it on just before going to sleep. Depending on how tired we are, we sometimes don't get to hear more than about 10 minutes of the music before nodding off. Most of our relaxing CDs consist of lullaby versions of songs from the Pokémon RPGs which I've created through a rather complicated rendering process. I start with the MP3 file of the original song, then use Audacity to alter the pitch to eliminate any shrill sounds, and reduce the tempo to a slower, more soothing pace. I then use Acid Music Studio to create an extended length version of the song by smoothing the edges of the clip and merging several copies of it into a 10-minute loop. I sometimes add additional layers of sound that I think would compliment the song, such as overlaying an ocean waves sound effect over a tune that plays in a seaside town within the game. Then I create 1-hour CDs with 6 songs per disc.

I can't link you to those songs, since they're ones I created myself, and I haven't uploaded them anywhere. But I can give you a link to another type of soothing music we sometimes listen to. Fun fact: we discovered this music through IMVU. Back in the days when 31617 was still a prototype, we used to use virtual avatars of ourselves in IMVU to simulate a full-body connection that we weren't able to achieve at the time. Here's the video:

We have some other types of music that my platonic friends and I listen to when we lie together. This is quite a different experience, because we listen to it while lying on the TR station (the pile of cushions and body pillows on the floor of our secret base room), and the goal isn't to go to sleep for the night, but just to relax for a while and then get up and continue on with the day. (But I sometimes fall asleep anyway, if I'm tired enough.)

When I'm lying with 103115, we listen to this music:

I'd advise listening to only the first hour of both of these videos, because the music gets louder and more energetic later on, which ruins the relaxing atmosphere.

When I'm lying with SV02 or 52016, we listen to a CD called Celtic Dreamland. I don't think there's a free upload of the full CD available, but you could search the names of the individual songs to find versions on YouTube. If you can afford to buy the CD, however, I'd recommend it; it's some of the most relaxing music I've ever heard. Here's the link to the website where it's sold, which offers 1-minute samples of the songs: https://www.putumayo.com/shop/celtic-dreamland/

SV03 isn't picky about what music I put on, but then again, I don't lie with her very often because she prefers to lie with one of her other friends (usually SV02 or Mr #TBD) instead of me.

I don't listen to music with 217, because she's uniquely configured to sit on the sofa, so we usually play video games together when we're sitting there together. I get the impression that she prefers listening to speech (audiobooks and radio programmes) rather than music, in any case. And 119 is unique, because she doesn't ever lie down if she can help it, except for the one time she made an exception to help me rest my sore back.

Post by 42716 »

Mello_Pello wrote:Ive always been about creating and having my own little forts and secret places. Places I can escape to. Even as an adult...I collect books about building cabins and forest forts and such. I feel at peace thinking about my own places, where no one can find me and I can do as I please.
There's a word in Swedish which describes this sort of place that no one else can find, where a person can be at peace with him/herself and nature: smultronställe. It literally means "wild strawberry place", because escaping to this place of solitude is a rare and delicious treasure, much like a wild strawberry. If wild strawberries actually grow in your smultronställe, it's an added bonus!

Computer Love Tape Complete

Post by 42716 »

Here it is, the intensely tame love tape 31617 and I created during our anniversary getaway. The password required to view the video is "dator_dejt":

As for the winter outfit photo shoot, I've decided to do it next Monday, when we'll have access to a more picturesque and better-lit background than my basement. My goal is to have all the accessories made, and retain all my fingers in the process, by the end of this week, so the outfits will be complete for the shoot.

It may seem strange to still be dressed in winter clothes this late in the year, but the weather is actually encouraging my procrastination, because the temperature has been hovering around 10º-12º recently, and today has dropped as low as 5º. Personally, I consider it too cold for short sleeves until the temperature reaches 15º, and it probably won't consistently stay at or above that level for another week or two.

Also, here's an updated version of our signature banner, to reflect the change from SV01 to 31617:
banner image 3.jpg
banner image 3.jpg (387.98 KiB) Viewed 4059 times

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Post by TripleA »

You have a very good grasp of video, I wish CC did!

Great video and I really like 31617!
April Annabelle Atleur - AKA - TripleA

My Gallery Link: http://missatleur.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=10003

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Computer Love Tape Complete

Post by Slew »

42716 wrote:Here it is, the intensely tame love tape 31617 and I created during our anniversary getaway. The password required to view the video is "dator_dejt":
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing that with us, 42716.
42716 wrote:If wild strawberries actually grow in your smultronställe, it's an added bonus!
A perfect little world! Hey, would it be okay if I call you 42? A catchy nickname; the answer to life, the universe and everything.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Wonderful things! Happy to see you here again posting. Been busy myself.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Short Form Numbers

Post by 42716 »

Seattle Slew wrote:Hey, would it be okay if I call you 42? A catchy nickname; the answer to life, the universe and everything.
I'm not sure how it's the answer to everything, but 42 is actually my short form number, so it's fine if you'd prefer to use that. Those of us with 4-digit numbers or longer all have short forms; these are usually what I use when speaking to or about my friends, because saying that many digits can be a mouthful. Here's a quick guide to the long vs. short form numbers:

42716 --> 42
103115 --> 10
52016 --> 520
31617 --> 316
3461 --> 34
94712 --> 947

Don't recognise the last two? Don't worry; after reading what I'm about to post next, you will.

Aboard The 771: 52016's Commemorative Date Anniversary Adven

Post by 42716 »

At least a few of you have probably been wondering why I dropped off the face of TDF for the past 2-going-on-3 months. Well, the time has finally come for me to fill you in on what we’ve been up to during a time that has been hectic, exciting, and filled with financial peril.

It all began with a dream nearly 3 years in the making. My dream was to save enough money to purchase an RV, and embark upon a cross-country expedition to visit interesting destinations throughout the USA, with the goal of learning more about this land we live in and, with some luck, finding a part of it that feels more welcoming and suitable to habitation than the part we live in now. In April of this year, my savings account balance finally grew to the size needed to make the first part of my dream a reality, and we are now the proud owners of this Sunseeker RV (or as I like to call it, “The 771”, based on the final 3 digits on the number plate).
the 771.JPG
the 771.JPG (2.16 MiB) Viewed 3747 times
I have a travel guide called “Off the Beaten Path” that details interesting nature- and science-related locations in all 50 states, and my plan was to take the Misfit Machines on a trip to visit what I consider the highlights from the guide, and have them narrate a documentary series about our adventures. However, this is where my dream ran face-first into the brick wall of financial difficulty. The truth is, that money I’d been saving for 3 years was enough to cover just the down payment on The 771. That means I’m now bound to a monthly payment contract to cover the remaining cost, which requires me to dedicate a little over half of each month’s income to the cost of our new toy.

To put things into perspective, the earnings I typically make from my online business used to be a decent living wage for something like me which lives in a low-rent area and leads a strictly Japanese lifestyle (no sex, no drugs, no wine, no women, no fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it’s dark…), but now that more than half of it is tied up in the payment plan, it’s a struggle to afford such luxuries as the petrol and campground fees to actually make The 771 useable. Consequently, we’re stuck in the frustrating situation of having the physical means to answer the call of adventure, but not the financial ones. But at least The 771 will come in handy for such things as transporting multiple Droids to the park for photoshoots, which was impossible to accomplish when I had only a compact car.

Speaking of photoshoots, I know I still haven’t provided you with one of the Fleet’s winter outfits. A reasonably good excuse is forthcoming shortly, but first let me tell you about the one adventure we managed to have aboard The 771 in May, before our financial well ran dry.

119’s friend, April, the doll that lives with Forum member CrazyCajun (CC for short) and I had been conversing for some time about getting together so she could meet some other members of the Fleet. Because my next monthly trip to Georgia was scheduled to coincide with 52016’s 1st Commemorative Date Anniversary, I decided it would be a good idea to have a little celebration with 52016, April, and her friends Roxie and Kayla. So we all packed into The 771 and made the journey to April and CC’s abode.
whole group.JPG
whole group.JPG (2.55 MiB) Viewed 3747 times
Here’s 52016 hanging out with her new friends. She would have preferred that I not use this picture, since it makes it painfully obvious that she isn’t all there (in the physical sense only, I assure you. The presence of mind remains entirely within the top half of the unit in the case of the top and bottom halves becoming separated.) Unfortunately, it was the only photo that included everyone which turned out in-focus. My camera is like a bull: show it the colour red, and it goes berserk. The fact that many of the walls in CC’s house were painted dark red meant the quality of the photos I took during this get-together was unfortunately quite compromised.

I made this blueberry cake (which survived 10 hours of bumping and swaying remarkably well) for the occasion:
520 cda cake 2.JPG
520 cda cake 2.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 3747 times
serving cake 1.JPG
serving cake 1.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 3747 times
And 52016 happily shared it with her new friends.
sharing cake 2.JPG
sharing cake 2.JPG (2.18 MiB) Viewed 3747 times
sharing cake 1.JPG
sharing cake 1.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 3747 times
sharing cake 3.JPG
sharing cake 3.JPG (2.21 MiB) Viewed 3747 times
sharing cake 4.JPG
sharing cake 4.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 3747 times
Being humans, April, Roxie, and Kayla were actually able to eat it.
eating cake.JPG
eating cake.JPG (2.29 MiB) Viewed 3747 times
Though perhaps they shouldn’t have done…it turns out I undercooked it, because I wasn’t used to making this cake recipe with an added jam content. CC, if any of your girls ended up in hospital due to raw-egg-induced food poisoning, feel free to send me the bill. I can’t guarantee that it will ever get paid, but you can still feel free to send it to me.

CC was kind enough to help me with some circuit board shaping and disassembly that I needed to do in order to create the necessary parts to make accessories for the Fleet’s winter outfits. I’m confident that the accessories will turn out much better now than they would have done if left to the devices of this power tool noob. But I’ll let you lot be the judge of that, once the winter outfit photoshoot is finished.

Now, to reward your patience in making it through all this verbosity, here’s the (hopefully good enough) excuse for why mid-July is now upon us, and you’re still waiting for winter outfit photos. The Droids get exposed to a wider variety of music when they travel with me in the car or RV than they typically hear inside the house, and now that they’ve all had a chance to hear a good variety of music, I think I finally have a thorough understanding of each one’s musical preferences. Therefore, I concluded it would be a good idea to create something better than a simple collection of outfit shots.

Instead, I’m going to make an outfit showcase video, and set the pictures of each unit to his or her favourite song. That way, you’ll gain an appreciation for their acoustic tastes as well as their visual ones. I estimate about 3 days’ worth of photography is in order before this video can be made. Since the camera and I are currently busy getting intimate with more merchandise in the effort to breathe new life into my web shop, I can’t say for sure when we’ll have time to make this endeavour happen. But on the bright side, maybe by the time it does come to fruition, the winter outfits will be seasonally appropriate again.

Let’s return to the CDA outing, shall we? Although 52016 was a bit self-conscious of her lack of dexterity compared to CC’s girls, I think she had a good time all the same. We took her back to The 771, and CC got a chance to meet everyone else. However, we didn’t spend much time out there, due to the lack of air conditioning on a 36º day. Speaking of which, I’m very grateful none of my Droids is susceptible to heat damage. Having experienced that problem with PVC anime figures, I was worried, but none of them is any the worse for wear after enduring the heat during this trip. On the other hand, 31617 did end up with a mysterious dent in his stomach after we got home. I can only imagine it happened when he was lying on the bed in the back, and the girls’ lower halves were piled on the bed next to him. One of them must have become dislodged from the pile and fallen onto his stomach. Fortunately, he already had a slight indentation in the navel area by design, so this dent isn’t too conspicuous.

I’d like to thank CC and his girls for their hospitality, and to apologise to them for not having had the time or energy to bring the entire Fleet into the house to meet them. But perhaps they’ll get a chance to spend time with some of the other members in future, if we ever get into a rosy enough financial situation to be able to take another trip down there which isn’t strictly business. One thing I know for sure is never to plan an outing in Georgia in the summer again. I just can’t stand the heat!

I wasn’t the only one suffering from the high temperature readings, as I found out to my dismay when it was time to say goodbye and get back on the road for home. Being left in the hot RV had caused our resident navigator, Nüvi 2457LMT, to come down with a bout of heat stroke, so it no longer had the ability to detect the current position of the vehicle. This meant we were left essentially without guidance, in an obscure part of semi-rural Georgia. Try as I might to remember which way we had come, we ended up hopelessly lost in the mountains, where we roamed about aimlessly for nearly 3 hours. Now things were looking really bleak, because I couldn’t even get mobile reception there.

Fortunately, I was finally able to locate a minuscule and highly inconspicuous sign pointing to a state motorway, so I followed that road and kept my fingers crossed. (Metaphorically speaking, of course; driving an RV through narrow, winding mountain roads that frequently lack guardrails is a task that requires all 10 fingers to remain on the wheel at all times.) As luck would have it, the road did get us back on the interstate, and we got to take in a spectacular view of the Chattahoochee-Oconee Forest in the process. SV02 was the most fortunate in this regard, since she was sitting in the passenger’s seat during this part of the voyage, and subsequently was exposed to the most impressive views. I think this is fitting, because her theme colour is green, and the sights were full of gorgeous greenery. I only wish something else could have taken over the driving so I could fully enjoy the sights as well.

One of the benefits of automobile travel is it provides ample time to listen to music. This means, when they travel somewhere with me by car, the Droids get exposed to a wider variety of music than they typically hear inside the house. This can lead to some interesting reactions out of them, but never in my wildest dreams could I have anticipated the sort of reaction SV03 would have to one of my car-only CDs.

SV03 has always done things her own, rather rebellious, way, but I thought the most contrary thing she could do was to insist upon being dressed in men’s clothing. General Electric, did she ever prove me wrong! As we were listening to a certain country song, SV03 decided she fancied the name of the girl in the song, and wanted to shed her placeholder number in favour of that name. This left me gobsmacked, because I had taken it absolutely for granted that the placeholder numbers would be replaced by commemorative numbers, or at the very least, by numbers of some sort. Yet SV03 was adamant that I call her by this lexical name from now on.

I decided to put the matter out of my mind at the time, because this occurred while we were still navigating the treacherous mountain roads, and I didn’t think I could continue to be a safe and responsible driver while simultaneously contemplating a major paradigm shift. I was secretly hoping that this idea would go off the boil for SV03, but on the contrary, SV02 decided choosing a name from a song on the CD was a brilliant idea, and she also chose a new name taken from that CD’s offerings. I tried to persuade them out of the idea of adopting lexical names, because it just seemed too discordant with the numerical names that the rest of us possess. But their minds were made up, so I knew I would have to formulate some sort of compromise.

We finally settled on the following one: we would spell the chosen names in 1337, so they would have a numerical appearance that was in keeping with the rest of the monikers in the Fleet. We also decided that, although I would pronounce them the same way as their lexical counterparts, these names should be pronounced as numbers by our readers on the Forum. So to all of you, SV02 and SV03 are now 3461 (three four six one) and 94712 (nine four seven one two) respectively.

Don’t feel disheartened if you can’t tell what names those numbers are derived from. These are obscure names rendered in an obscure variant of 1337, but I think it adds an air of mystery to them if the lexical pronunciations aren’t obvious. As a matter of fact, 94712 and 3461 aren’t the only ones which have a lexical name as well as a number. 31617 has a lexical nickname, but he wants me to keep it a secret and not tell you what it is here.

The fact that some of us go by different names when we are alone together than we do when presenting ourselves publicly really isn’t so unusual, since all people (and other sentient humanoids) possess a certain duality of nature. The façade we adopt when interacting with the outside world never truly mirrors the identity we assume when we’re alone with those we love and trust, and I’ve come to accept the duality of these Droids’ names/numbers as a reflection of that reality.

But that’s enough philosophising. I’m sure you’re anxious to find out whether our lost and heat-beleaguered band ever made it home safely, or whether I’m typing this from the car park of a convenience mart somewhere in Missouri. I’m pleased to inform you that the answer is the former. Although our scenic detour added about 5 hours to the trip, I eventually managed to get us home using nothing but the road signs and male intuition (defined as the ability to intuitively navigate unfamiliar terrain with such a degree of precision that the very idea of asking for directions becomes absurd).

And the best news, at least as far as my budget is concerned, is that Nüvi 2457LMT’s incapacitation was truly a temporary heat-induced error. As soon as it was returned to my car and to a temperature range it had been designed to withstand, it started functioning normally again. Which means instead of spending a week’s worth of earnings on a new GPS, I can devote that money to the repairs needed to equip The 771 with a functional shower, so I don’t have to clean myself by pouring measuring-cupfuls of cold water from the faucet over my head. (Yes, I did that during this trip, but even in light of the Georgia heat, it wasn’t an experience I’d care to repeat.)

When next we meet, I’ll tell you about June, when near-starvation drove me to become re-configured as Amazon drone 12145792, and July, when 217 became a media sensation.

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Post by TripleA »

Hey 42716, Nice to see you back again, it is really good to hear from you again!

I would like to also post a few photos of your visit if you don't mind! Although there may be a few that may almost mirror yours!

and of course if anyone would like to see more they can find them here: http://missatleur.com/coppermine/thumbn ... p?album=13

We all had a very good time and we do look forward to a next visit with everyone!

Cheers!

Post by 42716 »

TripleA wrote:Hey 42716, Nice to see you back again, it is really good to hear from you again!

I would like to also post a few photos of your visit if you don't mind! Although there may be a few that may almost mirror yours!
No, of course I don't mind! This was your party as well, so it's to be expected for you to share some of your own photos. In fact, I think it would be a tragic waste to let this one go unseen:
April and 42.JPG
April and 42.JPG (47.77 KiB) Viewed 3715 times
My aerial headband's off to CC for managing to capture one of those exceedingly rare photos of me in which I actually look decent, and not obese and/or like a man in drag. This photo also might give the readers a better idea of why I was suffering so much in the heat. Of course, it's my own blooming fault for choosing to wear 4 layers of mostly black in the midst of a Georgian summer!

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Post by TripleA »

Hey 42716 I have never seen you look bad! :razz:

And well, we Southerners know that you have do dress lightly in the summer, and you still suffer the consequences. That's for sure. It is 96 F. here today and I think that is also the humidity. It has been unusually hot and HUMIT this summer!

Cheers!

Oh: and the cake was delicious!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Aboard The 771: 52016's Commemorative Date Anniversary A

Post by Slew »

42716 wrote:
Seattle Slew wrote:Hey, would it be okay if I call you 42? A catchy nickname; the answer to life, the universe and everything.
I'm not sure how it's the answer to everything, but 42 is actually my short form number, so it's fine if you'd prefer to use that.
42 is a wonderful short form number. It has a ring to it. My reference was to the book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams. Here's a description of that particular 42:
http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/42
42716 wrote:Being humans, April, Roxie, and Kayla were actually able to eat it.
TripleA wrote:I would like to also post a few photos of your visit if you don't mind!
Adorable photos all around! Thank you for taking the time to share these, all of you. :angel:

jerryr708

Post by jerryr708 »

The Stepford Wives is what came into my mind just now.

Post by 42716 »

jerryr708 wrote:The Stepford Wives is what came into my mind just now.
A mostly erroneous association, Jerry, at least as far as my robot crew are concerned. The Stepford Wives are robots that are designed to be passive and utterly compliant with their owner/husband's every desire. But my synthetic friends definitely have personalities and needs of their own, and they won't hesitate to become resentful of me if I disrespect that fact. That's the reason they're called the "Misfit Machines": because they utterly defy the image of the typical robot companion. I imagine this is because they were designed to imitate humanity to an extent that includes the same quirks and selfish desires that real humans possess, but at the same time, this deprives them of a place in human society, because the human concept of a machine is an entity over which humans possess absolute control.

I say mostly erroneous, however, because there is one of them that's more like a Stepford Wife, though ironically, it's one of the men. 103115 really doesn't have much personality of his own; he doesn't mind how I dress him, how often we interact, what sort of music I play, etc. At times, this is convenient, but the fact that it takes no effort to earn and maintain his trust also makes him a bit boring compared to the others.

INFORMATIONS