Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Sent in my RD order yesterday !!

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

The Realdoll page has sample dolls with names: Stephanie, Leah, etc. To use as examples. These sample dolls are a combination: Leah - head 4, body 2, etc.

If you have a custom doll (non-sample), it's even more important to name it: Darcey, for example is a unique doll and just as important as a "sample" doll.

Now if you want to say all dolls with a head 4 are similar to a "Leah" doll, ok, that works to say that Jazzi is similar to a Leah doll (Leah - like) is true.

Jazzi

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Kelly:
<STRONG>The Realdoll page has sample dolls with names: Stephanie, Leah, etc. To use as examples. These sample dolls are a combination: Leah - head 4, body 2, etc.
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, yeah. I got that part. I just wanted a convenient way of categorizing the dolls that don't fit the samples. The head type seemed like an easy way to do it.

Like I said, I will be happy to use Leah series rather than just Leah, if it makes you feel better.

Wolverine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wolverine »

GEEZZ, What are we gonna start with a Filum, Genus, spiecies catagory type thing for dolls?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Well, yeah. I got that part. I just wanted a convenient way of categorizing the dolls that don't fit the samples. The head type seemed like an easy way to do it.

-JackRabbit
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it's Cool Image This way we all know how to describe them to each other, without a big long explaination. Image
What's wrong with that?

jackrabbit
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by jackrabbit »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phyl T. Mynd:
<STRONG>Because, for heaven's sake, it would be a crime if these dolls weren't properly classified!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does it cause harm to do so? Using the name instead of the number is a convenient shorthand. Everybody knows which head is #4 and which is #8, but I often get the lesser known heads such as 5,6,7, and 9 mixed up when just the number is used. Celine, Nika, Amanda, and Mai are easier to remember.

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

So true, but to some the body type is REALLY important. Jazzi. for example I consider a Stephanie doll (body 5) much more so than a Leah doll (head 4).

It's all semantics anyway, you can really classify them anyway you want to.

To some it's the body that's important, to others it's the head that important.

[img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Phyl_T_Mynd
Ex-Member

Post by Phyl_T_Mynd »

Because, for heaven's sake, it would be a crime if these dolls weren't properly classified!

mrdouble
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mrdouble »

hey guys, just checking in...

well I am now 5 weeks away from being laid for the first time in 6 years (not counting furniture or food.)

I am naming her "Stephanie, Steph, Stephie" because (1) RD already came up with the name, and (2) I like the name Steph. No one in my past with the name Steph. It is as convenient as not finding a Real Girl...so the name works for lazy me.

Wow, the new doll H11/B7. Tempted to change my order, but then I would have to wait 3 more months. So I'll keep Steph around for a year then see what's up with breasts next September. H11 sure is cute though..

mrdouble

Wolverine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wolverine »

Hey Mrdouble Where ya been? We are getting our "RD's" around the same time right? I heard from an unconfirmed source 14 wks, providing No problems, or Special things, such as body 6/7. I don't know what's goin' on anymore! That new doll is Damn Fine though isn't it?!! Image Image

mrdouble
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mrdouble »

hey Wolverine

Just doing my time over here trying not to think about it. In fact I almost shacked up with a realGal out of impatience, but then decided not to.

Ya, we're due at the same week. Dec 9th for me. About 3 weeks, woohoo !!!

Say, I gotta shipping question I will repost as a new thread. I have a pickup and an Excursion. I'd rather drive the 250mi and back in the X, not the truck. Can the doll and crate survive 250mi of smooth road laying on her back ? I can just imagine all the cowboys around here recognizing the crate and laughing at me.

Ya Boy, that new dolly is HOT !!! I cannot wait for the next couple of bodies next summer. Surely there will be a great reason for me to buy another !!!

mrdouble

Wolverine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wolverine »

Hey Bud! I didn't know it was the same week. I can't imagine that would be a problem. Why don't you contact Matt, or the good folks at Abyss, and ask them to make such an adjustment for your traveling needs. I'd bet they'd do it. I was told by somebody, now I can't remember who 14 to 18 weeks, 18 being worst scenerio, so I have my calandar marked from Nov. 29th (14 weeks) to Dec. 17th (which would be 16 weeks & 2 days). Image

mrdouble
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mrdouble »

Good idea, Wolverine,

I'll just tell Abyss when they call that Steph will be riding on her back for a couple hundred miles.

Ya, I think you might be a week later than me. Seem to recall you placing your order a few days after I did.

Either way, it should be a Fun Fun Christmas for us both !!!

warm regards

mrdouble

Wolverine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Wolverine »

Mr D.
Same to you my friend. They gave me my tenative dates Friday, they said my Pour date will be Dec. 13th, and the ship out date will be the 20th. Hopefully that moves up, and not back! then we will both have a nice Christmas! Image
Early Holiday salutations!! Image Image

INFORMATIONS