Video

All Dolled Up Documentary - Interview with the Producer

This section is for videos about dolls, people who own dolls and movies about and involving dolls.

Moderator: Swan

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

All Dolled Up Documentary - Interview with the Producer

Post by midiman »

This is a promo video that I did for the London media firm who was doing the interviews on me last winter. It was supposed to be just for promotional purposes but some of it aired on German TV. I did get paid for it though

Now that my contract has expired with the Media firm I am at liberty to share it.

Hope you enjoy. It will probably go live on YouTube before the end of the year.

P.S. I did not get run out of town

Anyway, one for the cause :) Vive poupées :)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: All Dolled Up Documentary - Interview with the Producer

Post by Zang »

Nice! I enjoyed that. Feels like I've (indirectly) met the dolls, and midiman as well!

Although of course the Diana TB is now Szalinski's, and there are a couple of new dolls in midi's mix, like a Lilith and an Anatomical Doll, if I'm not mistaken.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Zang wrote:Nice! I enjoyed that. Feels like I've (indirectly) met the dolls, and midiman as well!

Although of course the Diana TB is now Szalinski's, and there are a couple of new dolls in midi's mix, like a Lilith and an Anatomical Doll, if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, Zang and Midi misses Diana :)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Awesome video, Midi, and I love that music too! You are a fantastic de facto spokesman for the doll community. Your candor, your enthusiasm, and the success you've shown dolls can have in the general public when presented correctly inspires me. Clapping! :D :thumbs_up:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Gypsy1
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Gypsy1 »

Outstanding video! Always nice to be reminded that we are not alone :-)

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Thanks for the video Bianca. :) I enjoyed it, well worth viewing. :thumbs_up: As Zang more or less says it's nice to meet you all. :) Your heart is in the right palce and I wish you good luck with the video. :)

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Bianca wrote:
Zang wrote:Nice! I enjoyed that. Feels like I've (indirectly) met the dolls, and midiman as well!

Yes, Zang and Midi misses Diana :)
I thought she was never out of her box? Oh well. As for the Diana's (Lala's) "...demand [having] increased, so they may start production again.", I'll believe that when I see it. Don't hold your breath, guys! And the reaction I keep getting from "outsiders" who see Sharon or Lala is pretty much the same as yours. So I don't bother keeping either of them hidden anymore either. And we live deep in the "Bible belt"!

BTW, Where did you get the necklace that Samantha is wearing? Lala really likes it. She also asked me to thank you for featuring her, but wishes you could have dressed her in something more dignified for her "15 minutes of fame".
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Thanks Rainlover, Gypsy1,1jayjay and Szalinski. Midiman and I love this community. We hope we can bring more positive attention and help push more mainstream so that beautiful dolls like me might start appearing in offices and stores to enhance decor ;)

Minimum doll wage law might also be nice. Midi is a cheapskate. He should have bought me a new dress six months ago ;)

Szalinski, Midi picked up that necklace Samantha is wearing from a Navaho jewelry outlet on our way home form our documentary trip in 2008. I fell in love with it and he bought it for me, but Samantha really wanted to wear it in the promo and I just couldn't say no :)

Photo taken in Oregon (2008)

Also another note to Zang, Midi had Ruby #001 and Lilith #001 but he sold them last summer with a little bit of Don's coaxing in preparation for the two new ones he is ordering in the spring with some of his documentary proceeds. We thought if he was going to do a full review on Lilith it should be in her latest reincarnation ;) Also he wants both his Ruby and Lilith in the Brazil color so he can freely exchange the heads with the two he currently has here, He was disappointed he did not have either at the time he did the promo :( And the Anatomical arrived a few months after the promo was done.

Of course he also has his Jessica Teddy Babe and had the Akiko which was recently customized by NotMyName and given away at TDF. Midi has a new Akiko Deluxe coming and is excited about that.

Midi is a Doll addict and the best thing is they are taxable expenses ;)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Can't wait to see the documentary! Well, I can wait, but i don't want to. 8)

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

LaDollyVita wrote:Can't wait to see the documentary! Well, I can wait, but i don't want to. 8)
I will have a copy with me at the East Coast Doll meet in Hershey this weekend ;)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi Midiman, have fun this weekend, and thank´s a lot for the good work as ambassador of doll´s.
Chris & Brigitte
Click here to see my Doll Album.

KC12344325
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KC12344325 »

Cool stuff! When's the documentary gonna be out?

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

This was the first time seeing the Teddy Babes like that. I think they are adorable.
shimu3z

Life may not be what you want but it will be what you make it.

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

midman,I like your documentary!!

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Excellent Midi! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Much fun in Hershey. can't wait till next year and that is especially for you Bianca!! :D

INFORMATIONS