www.wmdolls.com

Guaranting shipment when buying from another TDF user?

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
SocalGuy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Guaranting shipment when buying from another TDF user?

Post by SocalGuy »

TDF Friends,

(Was not sure where to post this.)

I am curious how people here guarantee the shipment and purchase of dolls from other members here in the Sales section?

Can you get your money back using PayPal if the doll you bought from another person does not ship the doll?

Thanks in advance,
~Mann.

aztec25ac
Former Member

Re: Guaranting shipment when buying from another TDF user?

Post by aztec25ac »

Kind of on an honesty basis. I think most of us in here who actually went through the trouble of making an account aren't trying to rip people off. You can only get your money back if you use paypals payment through goods and services option.

oberyn
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oberyn »

Make sure you ask for more pics than the ones posted on the thread.the seller might be lying about the dolls condition and rip you off.it happend to me .

biscaynenick
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by biscaynenick »

Try to establish contact by phone, I was just about to purchase a used realdoll from here but the seller would not send a PayPal invoice, requested payment by friends and family, and references to the doll as "the item " were enough red flags for me to take a pass on the deal. Not to mention the seller didn't know if it was a fixed or removable, and requested payment in advance for local pick up. The listing I speak of is still active.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

SocalGuy wrote:TDF Friends,

(Was not sure where to post this.)

I am curious how people here guarantee the shipment and purchase of dolls from other members here in the Sales section?

Can you get your money back using PayPal if the doll you bought from another person does not ship the doll?

Thanks in advance,
~Mann.
You'd definitely want a tracked package. Sellers write dates on cards with the doll. If this was not done, seller/scammer could have pics posted from months ago and when you get doll it's all beat up bad and condition is nothing like pics.
If seller did not ship, Paypal would side with you. and you'd be refunded. I went through that on Ebay with a purchase. Seller had no proof of shipping, so I was refunded.

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

biscaynenick wrote:Try to establish contact by phone, I was just about to purchase a used realdoll from here but the seller would not send a PayPal invoice, requested payment by friends and family, and references to the doll as "the item " were enough red flags for me to take a pass on the deal. Not to mention the seller didn't know if it was a fixed or removable, and requested payment in advance for local pick up. The listing I speak of is still active.
I might of been looking at this one too. I know that using( a money request) or( an invoice) is better safe option. Friends and fam. unsecured.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

RGC_0767 wrote:You'd definitely want a tracked package. Sellers write dates on cards with the doll. If this was not done, seller/scammer could have pics posted from months ago and when you get doll it's all beat up bad and condition is nothing like pics. If seller did not ship, Paypal would side with you. and you'd be refunded. I went through that on Ebay with a purchase. Seller had no proof of shipping, so I was refunded.
This is correct. It is the sellers responsibility to prove he shipped it.

Beware that Paypal only provides this coverage if you are buying a product from an auction or a purchase.

They do not provide coverage if you send payment as a gift.

Some sellers will ask you to send payment as a gift, they will tell you it is cheaper, saves on Paypal fees. You are not covered by the Paypal guarantee if you do this.
My Doll Album is here!

Fredgrrr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Fredgrrr1 »

Thanks for your advice- unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world, and there's always a bad apple in every barrel......

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubbienine »

Like Hotdiggity says, a Pay Pal invoice sent to the buyer by the seller for "Goods and Services" is the best way to do business. You are best protected that way over any other method. Anybody that bitches about fees is making a big deal over nothing as that is just the cost of doing business and the fees are usually 4% max, on a transaction.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

I've purchased 3 dolls from the Sales section here and every transaction went smoothly and effortlessly. One went through Pay Pal and the other two I sent the sellers checks for. As a matter of fact, I just bought one this week and the seller was more professional than most I deal with in business. The doll was exactly as described and he even shipped the doll before cashing my check. So the trust was mutual and made for an excellent experience.

Contact the sellers through the pm system. Get to know them a bit. Exchange email addresses and phone numbers. Find out where they live. If the seller is honest, none of this is a problem. Ask for details as in, What will the doll be shipped in, Issues regarding the doll, If she has been stored, how. Then you can get to payment possibilities after agreeing on a price as well as who the shipper will be and tracking numbers.

This Forums for Sale section has been a Godsend. It has allowed me to own 3 brand new dolls at a fraction of their original cost. Being at the right place (here) at the right time and a little luck helps tremendously. Find your doll and take your shot.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

INFORMATIONS