www.wmdolls.com

Reason #2 why not to buy dolls from Amazon

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
Mr Miyagi

Reason #2 why not to buy dolls from Amazon

Post by Mr Miyagi »

reason 1 was obvious, you could get scammed, so i skip that and go straight to reason 2:

its going to be a knockoff, unless you know for sure the seller is selling the actual product in the photos, its going to be a knockoff/counterfeit product, meaning:
THE FACE COULD LOOK UNDERAGE AND CHILDLIKE, and this could get your into some unwanted trouble.

Say for example, the amazon seller posted this photo of the face: (WM122)
but since they are not selling that doll in the photos, they could send you a doll that has a face like this instead, and you would not know until it arrived at your door:
and if you live in one of the many countries that frown on that, you could lose your freedom, and its just not worth the risk.

I know my experience with amazon was much the same, maybe not to that extreme, but here is the head that came on my counterfeit doll:

Ask yourself, does she look of age? that is the only photo i have of the doll I got, i have returned it days after it came.

The last thing you want is to be sitting in jail with that label on your head.

I wish I had found this site before making my purchase, like many of you already here, but to those of you that are here, and considering trying to save a dime or three, take this warning seriously.

terran
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Reason #2 why not to buy dolls from Amazon

Post by terran »

TDF has employed methods of regulation, and considering the amount of scams going about, I find it to be necessary at the moment. My opinion may change in the future, but if it were not for TDF I would have been scammed over a year ago. Thank you TDF for what you have done thus far! I can only hope that new doll owners see this forum before they ever click that "Buy" button...

I still can't wrap my head around how this is a free service...

Poradicus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Poradicus »

I got scammed from Amazon to, two years ago. I remember seeing a listing for a real-doll silicone of Nick that was posted by a seller who had 9 good reviews. I thought that since the reviews were good the seller must be legit. The item was 1999.99 said it was new in box never used. I was emailing the seller multiple times with no response back until the seller responded 3 weeks later saying they are processing payment and shipping it and should receive it in 2 weeks tops. So I waited and still no shipping code, than I get a message again saying the doll is being fixed and will be released in 3-5 months. By than I was a little scared because the seller rarely responded to my emails within a decent time-frame, and when they did, they were vague. By the 4th month and seeing the item relisted by the seller I knew it had to be a scam and reported it to my bank and to Amazon. Amazon fulfilled my refund after a couple weeks of waiting, but the whole process was a nightmare.

Now presently, I have a great doll that is from a legit TDF approved seller, and he is gorgeous, and glad I got steered in the right direction. It is a risk and a chance to take if you go to outside sources, there are a lot of fakes. I seen one of my friends lucky for buying his doll on eBay, but its a hassle. You have to do research on your own, you have to do to much follow up about a seller that it takes too much time. Your more worried than satisfied after your purchase because you might be unsure about a seller. In the end, I finally got the doll I wanted, and it was an amazing experience, and I never felt worried that I would never receive the product.

tetjin
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tetjin »

Well all I got to say about this is......wax on, wax off....that’ll be all

Next lesson: Reason #3

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

Poradicus wrote:I got scammed from Amazon to, two years ago. I remember seeing a listing for a real-doll silicone of Nick that was posted by a seller who had 9 good reviews. I thought that since the reviews were good the seller must be legit. The item was 1999.99 said it was new in box never used. I was emailing the seller multiple times with no response back until the seller responded 3 weeks later saying they are processing payment and shipping it and should receive it in 2 weeks tops. So I waited and still no shipping code, than I get a message again saying the doll is being fixed and will be released in 3-5 months. By than I was a little scared because the seller rarely responded to my emails within a decent time-frame, and when they did, they were vague. By the 4th month and seeing the item relisted by the seller I knew it had to be a scam and reported it to my bank and to Amazon. Amazon fulfilled my refund after a couple weeks of waiting, but the whole process was a nightmare.

Now presently, I have a great doll that is from a legit TDF approved seller, and he is gorgeous, and glad I got steered in the right direction. It is a risk and a chance to take if you go to outside sources, there are a lot of fakes. I seen one of my friends lucky for buying his doll on eBay, but its a hassle. You have to do research on your own, you have to do to much follow up about a seller that it takes too much time. Your more worried than satisfied after your purchase because you might be unsure about a seller. In the end, I finally got the doll I wanted, and it was an amazing experience, and I never felt worried that I would never receive the product.
That sounds like a nightmare...1,999.99 is a lot of scratch to get scammed out of! I'm glad you were able to get it back. That must've been a long 4 months wondering what the heck is going on!!

Schenker411

Post by Schenker411 »

I bought a knock off Riley doll on Amazon and couldn't be happier.
It's called "holier than thou". There are people who, in order to feel good about themselves, must find others who don't live up to certain expectations. It's an ancient concept. For some reason, humans take it upon themselves to "compel" others to think as they do and will resort to various tactics to "punish" dissidents. Their world is not one of individuals, but of conformists- Stepford_CT

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Your photos aren't showing. :-(

Whilst members warn about Amazon time and time again, and wish people would take notice, it's still painful to read of people's experiences.

Great to know that better experiences exist, but it's really a risk.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

INFORMATIONS