www.wmdolls.com

Question regarding "fake dolls"

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
LeashB0mb69
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Question regarding "fake dolls"

Post by LeashB0mb69 »

Walley wrote:I checked out some of the reviews on Amazon of the dolls they sell. On one hand most say the doll does look like the pics. But on the other hand they talk about broken backs, limp wrist and torn openings after use. You get what you pay for. For the most part I buy direct from the company that made the original designs or a reseller that works with those companies. As with most hand made items you may get lucky and get a doll that is well made. But to cut the cost some short cuts will be made with these copy-cat dolls i. e. thinner skin or bad welds. The price the doll skin can be seen just by checking what the raw materials sells for on the open market. If the whole doll is being sold for less than that cost you know something is up. The good news is this is the best place for info on where to buy from. The biggest problem with getting a doll from anyone is the shipping. Even the best made doll can be damaged by poor handling during shipping. Good Luck!
I agree, thanks so much for your insight! I was looking thru booty call dolls and JESUS, I couldn't take my eyes of those figures in the dolls, love the curves, I REALLY want to cancel my order now and get my money back and save up for one of those beauties, I NEED a booty call doll!!

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

[quote="Walley" The price the doll skin can be seen just by checking what the raw materials sells for on the open market. If the whole doll is being sold for less than that cost you know something is up.[/quote]

This!
"I used to be an airline pilot. I got fired because
I kept locking the keys in the plane. They caught
me on an 80 foot stepladder with a coat hanger."
Steven Wright

Machaira
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Machaira »

Walley wrote:But on the other hand they talk about broken backs, limp wrist and torn openings after use. You get what you pay for.
Everything is crystal clear about that for me. This is a good reason to not by this dolls.
If people think they will save money to pay a cheap one, they will in 99% regret that.
And in the end if they go for a better one next time. It will cost much more then from the
beginning paying from a Doll Vendors
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=210
Sometimes experience in life is the only true way to understanding. :roll:

Procrasturbate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Procrasturbate »

ive been reading a lot about these cheaper versions, and i hope not to offend anyone here, but every post about this, just seems like the same rhetoric... then fortified by vendors. it seems just a tad koolaid'ish to me.

I stay away from ebay for most everything in life now, because frankly, its the buyers burden to prove fraud.

Amazon, however, if youre a prime member, you immediately get a A/Z report filed and money back within 48 hr if the seller doesnt comply. Another good thing amazon is the make/model of the item holds the page and the buyer feedback. So if a seller leaves or switches, the feedback stays on the model. There are multiple listings of dolls on amazon where Erosdolls INC and King Mansion are listed as sellers. So if KM fucks over a customer , that feedback also effects Ero under that model.

Also to answer someones question, "Fulfilled by amazon" just means China sent amazon the dolls already and are located somewhere in the amazon warehouse, amazon pulls the doll, and ships it. If you live within 500 miles of am amazon warehouse, AMZ usually ships it to your door with their own trucks.

With all this being said, where am i going with this? OP provided the URL to the ebay ad. the "vendor" has been around for over a year and has sold 300+ dolls... 8 negative reviews, none of which involve a doll, mostly involved bad shipping times.

If what you all are saying is true, and these are trash, statistically, there should be MORE negative. Even on ebay... they get a bad review, refund the money, and the buyer pulls the negative comment, theres still a footprint of where the negative once was, with a note saying the negative comment has been removed. that doesnt exist on this seller. You also cant tell me that out of those 300+ sales that they are all first time buyers and just don't know any better. Statically that is improbable.

I am saying all this while waving a huge white flag of peace. I mean not to disrupt, i just having a hard time believing the hype driven by vendors (biased competition). The only place you read such a potent amount of negative about these vendors is here, and not on the doll reviews where they should be.

I'm just having a hard time listening to a Chevy salesman tell me whats wrong with Dodges.

OP... you made my heart sad when you said you found the doll of your dreams but only was able to find it on ebay. I did a little digging and I i found her. Her original creator is WM doll, a trusted doll maker here, https://realdolladdict.com/2016/05/08/n ... -wm-dolls/

I know how it feels dude, you flip through thousands of pics of dolls, then there she is, the one that makes you have the feels. I found a pic of a doll on pinterest and it took me forever to find her (she ended up being 'Rin' from DH168 http://dollforum.com/forum/download/fil ... &mode=view)

Anyway, thats my 2 cents. again, just talking, im sorry if i ruffled any feathers.

bobbydoll

Post by bobbydoll »

I'm involved with a non TDF retailer now requesting refund of $519 for a 3.3ft TPE doll. Definitely inferior TPE; everything from black pigment spots, to the TPE surface literally rubbing off, to very minimal skeletal movement. So I just ordered an OR Doll (5ft1') H - Cup Big Breast doll from Sexy Real Sex Dolls. I think I did ok on price, they had a 20% additional off by using discount code "JULY 4". I'm hoping for much better quality. Has anyone every purchased from SRSD? I see many WM and YF brands on TDF but not too much about OR. Any comments will settle me down a bit, as this is all quite new for me.
Dolls for All
All for Dolls

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

bobbydoll wrote:Any comments will settle me down a bit, as this is all quite new for me.
Hi bobbydoll, welcome to the forum. :) Yes, you're safe and you can expect an authentic doll. SRSD is reputable and has many happy customers.

Enjoy the forum, and maybe read up on maintenance before she arrives.
viewtopic.php?f=227&t=77364
viewtopic.php?p=990000#p990000
bobbydoll wrote:I see many WM and YF brands on TDF but not too much about OR.
Each approved vendor and MFR has their own forum here. You can browse the group here: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=68

OR Doll forum:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=224

Cnyb

Post by Cnyb »

Procrasturbate, yes, it's a lot of the same talking points over and over, and some of the same people issue the same warnings.

I've seen a lot of threads where people have dealt with issues on various copies sold by non-TDF vendors/manufacturers. People have been burned, big time. Manufacturers have been burned by others who steal their photos to advertise something completely different, or who rip off their design by making a mold of one of their dolls and then selling it as their own. Customers are burned because they aren't getting the doll in the photo, if it is a copy it is not as nice as the original, there's no telling what issues there will be with chemicals or what kind of skeleton.

The point as I see it is, something like this involves quite a bit of artistry and skill, time and effort -- I don't want the designers, etc., ripped off. And with something heavy to ship/return, I want to know the track record better, because returns can be a pain and sometimes you have to ship something back for too much money to get too little of a refund with ebay etc. If I'd be coming into intimate contact with it I really don't want bad chemical issues with the materials.

TDF is a forum where you can do the searches, see track records, see various people's experiences, some of them have been collecting dolls for a long time now, seen a lot. You roll the dice with the huge number of sellers out there, without TDF, and in many cases looking at the non-TDF sources there is obvious easy to find evidence of fraudulent use of images of someone else's product, discrepancies in descriptions and photos that indicate it is b.s.

Mark Spencer

Post by Mark Spencer »

Procrasturbate wrote:
The only place you read such a potent amount of negative about these vendors is here, and not on the doll reviews where they should be.
It is also one of the only places where people would feel comfortable
enough to openly talk about buying a sex doll.

For many people, there is a serious stigma attached to the idea, and it would
be very hard for some to come out and talk about a bad vendor.. even after
losing so much money.

The embarrassment is a factor. This is why con games work well. The con
knows that for the mark to admit they got conned, they have to admit to doing
something that is sometimes considered socially suspect.
"I used to be an airline pilot. I got fired because
I kept locking the keys in the plane. They caught
me on an 80 foot stepladder with a coat hanger."
Steven Wright

bobbydoll

Post by bobbydoll »

Thanks Procrasturbate, Seattle Slew and Cnyb. TDF provided me the confidence to purchse the OR doll from SRSD. Maybe my negative purchase experience can help others by visiting TDF 1st. The brand I purchased for the $519 was NWDoll @Amazon. I just received an email and the vendor is trying to buy me off with a 20% refund. I asked for the full refund or it's A-Z time. I knew better.....but still did not listen to myself. Thanks all! :multi:

Procrasturbate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Procrasturbate »

if you try to get a refund through the vendor directly, they will hassle you and might expect you to pay for shipping back. just file A/Z, AMZ 9/10 times lets you keep the item.. and if you get too many A/Z strikes against you as a vendor you get kicked from amazon. its kinda a big deal, they would have to start a whole new LLC.

LeashB0mb69
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LeashB0mb69 »

Not sure how to post pictures on this site but I took pictures of my unboxing, looks very similar to the pictures, extremely heavy, as someone mentioned, the skeletal movements are ridiculous hard to control, and because of that reason, Seller allowed me to ship back with a 50 dollar deduction due to postage and I shipped via FedEx which costed 76 dollars of my own money :/

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

LeashB0mb69 wrote:Not sure how to post pictures on this site but I took pictures of my unboxing......
There's a little tutorial video here which explains how to post pictures. https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41292
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

LeashB0mb69
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LeashB0mb69 »

Mondoon wrote:
LeashB0mb69 wrote:Not sure how to post pictures on this site but I took pictures of my unboxing......
There's a little tutorial video here which explains how to post pictures. https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41292
Doesn't really help since I'm using an iPhone.. I keep getting stuck at "the upload is currently in progress" for 45 mins.. So whatever.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

LeashB0mb69 wrote: Doesn't really help since I'm using an iPhone.. I keep getting stuck at "the upload is currently in progress" for 45 mins.. So whatever.
There's a quick guide at the bottom of the welcome page here: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 31&t=69369 Hopefully the photos are small enough. Send me a PM if you still have trouble. :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS