www.wmdolls.com

Very STRONG WARNING not to buy ebay, alibaba or aliexpress

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
RobotMale
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Very STRONG WARNING not to buy ebay, alibaba or aliexpre

Post by RobotMale »

Checked out Alibaba and their dolls once and the prices was rather silly for sure when some really nice dolls was tagged with prices who didnt make any sense.It smelled fraud all over that place.They had for instance pictures probably stolen from another page with a doll for over $3000 and Alibaba wanted $590 ha ha ... Just stay away from that page.

shotdot

Post by shotdot »

"Probably"? Please enlighten us how many dolls you have bought there, and what is your experience. For starters, that website (alibaba) is b-2-b portal which connects vendors to manufacturers. They [alibaba] know what they are doing, and they definitely have thought about fraud prevention.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

It's Hit or Miss when dealing with Ali or The Bay, you may get an absolute Winner and end up paying 1/3 to 1/4 what a certified Vendor may ask, or you may get an absolute Dud that will only last a few months if that long, yes you are saving Bu-cu Bucks, but you are still taking a big gamble with fairly large sums of money.. In the long run, you gotta do what you gotta do...

:painting:

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

shotdot wrote:"Probably"? Please enlighten us how many dolls you have bought there, and what is your experience. For starters, that website (alibaba) is b-2-b portal which connects vendors to manufacturers. They [alibaba] know what they are doing, and they definitely have thought about fraud prevention.

Your talking fraud prevention?
How can they prevent fraud when they are a fraud?
The fact that they sell knockoff dolls using stolen photos of the real thing, then send out something that is not the real thing is pretty fraudulent in my eyes.

Shit, unless they are using actual photos of what they sell, then they are frauds.
Pulling a switcheroo is a GIANT fraud......

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Xander_DL

Post by Xander_DL »

Dollfriend wrote:It's Hit or Miss when dealing with Ali or The Bay, you may get an absolute Winner and end up paying 1/3 to 1/4 what a certified Vendor may ask, or you may get an absolute Dud that will only last a few months if that long, yes you are saving Bu-cu Bucks, but you are still taking a big gamble with fairly large sums of money.. In the long run, you gotta do what you gotta do...

:painting:

Very true, I was lucky myself, I did not know this forum existed when I ordered mine on Aliexpress, I got a Racyme for a tad more money than an original WM, import taxes included, I could have ended up with a very costly blowup doll or nothing at all, besides she grew on me and I adore my beautiful doll, fake or not.

spongle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by spongle »

I am new to this and was hunting for dolls. Got roped into Ebay since I use it all the time. Not knowing the quality and what's what I nearly purchased a poor replica. They had a photo of extremely enticing popular WM made dolls. I asked the seller if the doll was exactly as shown and they said yes so I purchased. At the time I did not know brands, or anything. It did not look as complex as others so I thought for $600 was right. Fortunately they sent me a 6 second clip after purchase before shipping. The head was clearly extremely generic and not the same as the photo. I requested for them to kindly cancel the transaction due to it not being the same and fortunately they did. Seller has over 3k reviews 96% positive and many recent purchases of dolls. They are clearly tricking people. After learning doll brands, bodies, heads etc everything else I had in my watch list is clearly a fake.

Even still after googling for legit brands most the websites I visited that are most recommended are not TDF vendors and after reading reviews possibly selling counterfeits. Thank goodness I finally ended up here.

Dollypeg2018
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dollypeg2018 »

haremlover wrote:Photos here of more copies of dolls

Copy 140

Copy of 158
ImageImageImage

Copy of new WM165
ImageImageImage

All of these are reputedly copied in silicone.

You just CANNOT TRUST any seller in China unknown to TDF without making strong enquiries. Customer support will certainly not be available from WM on such dolls - and by the accounts of those who have bought "cheap" dolls, you too might regret it.

Best wishes

Harem
So what am i missing here these doll images look good and if copies what is the problem apart from copyright ?

Poradicus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Poradicus »

All of these are reputedly copied in silicone.

You just CANNOT TRUST any seller in China unknown to TDF without making strong enquiries. Customer support will certainly not be available from WM on such dolls - and by the accounts of those who have bought "cheap" dolls, you too might regret it.

Best wishes

Harem[/quote]

So what am i missing here these doll images look good and if copies what is the problem apart from copyright ?[/quote]

The problem is, those dolls are made with cheaper quality parts and no guaranteed warranty. If the doll falls apart or breaks your responsible for the repairs. Unlike getting a doll from vendors on here, outside sources are not willing to help you if problems arise. Those dolls might instantly get a neck broke, flimsy hands, arms, and legs that are so delicate it can snap, and other problems. Point is, they will not last as long, but if you don't want your doll around that long, then there is no reason to care. If you want it around much longer, than a month or a year, than its best to go with reputable vendors that have been around with an established base and great customer service. Most people who get these dolls end up reporting problems instantly, you basically can't use them for sex, you might as well use them as dolls you can model with and lay around untouched. If you decide to use it be prepared to instantly repair the vagina and fingers.

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Vendors may give you a brief warranty on their own dime too but the manufacturers don't give you squat even if its their fault solely. That is why even TDF bought dolls have to sometimes settle for what is offered vs a complete made whole replacement. The manufacturers should be eating these costs not the buyer or vendor when it is a manufacturer problem or shipping problem as the shipper of the manufacturer if they insured for full value will get just that if its shipping damage.

MrGreen96

Post by MrGreen96 »

I totally understand the need for this warning, and if I had seen this earlier, I wouldn't have made my purchase for sure.

I got a doll off AliExpress and I did my research beforehand - obviously knowing that most are copies of brand name dolls with varying quality. I simply couldn't afford one that was from a confirmed, quality vendor (especially since in Australia there are not that many around from what I have seen).

However, I must say that I am very happy with my doll. It's obviously got a slightly different face than the doll it is copied from, but other than that, the vendor's customer service was extremely good, they gave me multiple real life pictures of the doll I was getting and other options for it, so there was no unknown. They didn't claim it was silicone either. They made it clear that it wasn't. And yet, I think the quality is extremely good for the price. I have no complaints whatsoever. The feel of it, the movement of joints, the pretty face, the realistic weight.

So I'm obviously more the exception rather than the rule. And I'm not telling you to buy from just anyone. But if you think you'd be happy with a cheaper, non-brand name doll that has decent-high quality, then by all means, I would recommend the seller I got mine from. Just make sure you do alot of research and speak to their customer service beforehand.

Usually though, it's better to just play it safe.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

MrGreen96 wrote:I totally understand the need for this warning, and if I had seen this earlier, I wouldn't have made my purchase for sure.

I got a doll off AliExpress and I did my research beforehand - obviously knowing that most are copies of brand name dolls with varying quality. I simply couldn't afford one that was from a confirmed, quality vendor (especially since in Australia there are not that many around from what I have seen).

However, I must say that I am very happy with my doll. It's obviously got a slightly different face than the doll it is copied from, but other than that, the vendor's customer service was extremely good, they gave me multiple real life pictures of the doll I was getting and other options for it, so there was no unknown. They didn't claim it was silicone either. They made it clear that it wasn't. And yet, I think the quality is extremely good for the price. I have no complaints whatsoever. The feel of it, the movement of joints, the pretty face, the realistic weight.

So I'm obviously more the exception rather than the rule. And I'm not telling you to buy from just anyone. But if you think you'd be happy with a cheaper, non-brand name doll that has decent-high quality, then by all means, I would recommend the seller I got mine from. Just make sure you do alot of research and speak to their customer service beforehand.

Usually though, it's better to just play it safe.
Keeping in mind how TDF stays funded. There are legitimate manufacturers sites with listings on both on Alibaba and Aliexpress. So yes if one want to do the research you can find quality dolls on both sites and still be supporting the TDF peeps. As for copies. I think there are only a few factories making dolls and a whole bunch of front companies. Just like cars. Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti, etc.... Some manufacturers on Alibaba will even brand dolls with you company name if you buy enough from them. And if you go to the "official" websites of a few of the manufacturers you'll see the same heads available. Not just close but duplicates. Some even offer heads and bodies from different manufacturers. Like buying mix and match bikinis. It's certainly easier to use the venders listed here and that would be my first suggestion. But I also won't condemn someone for researching and finding the gal of their dreams from a different manufacturer or vendor not on TDF, whether it's a copy or not. That's the manufacturers job to go after the frauds if they want but they don't seem too interested in doing so, so I certainly won't waste breath worrying about it. Enjoy your lass and hopefully more sellers will pop up down under. Ya got weird laws though. Might be the problem. LOL

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by NamRepaid »

I love my near 3 month Ali doll but I'm lucky so far. This ad with TDF member photos is just wrong on so many levels, is Josh a Ali vendor or victim?.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sex-Dol ... 53d49032a4

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

There are *some actual legal manufacturers who sell their products normal pricing and couple(2 I think) legal amazon. But finding their direct links is the fun part. I'm sure can find them on tdf.

GDP2000

Post by GDP2000 »

The quality just isn't there. The lack of details is almost insulting and the skin and eye color is 'off'. The texture and firmness of the skin feels bad, easily gets abrasions, and is difficult to keep clean.
Maintenance and repair log for 130cm Anime fabric doll

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95439

Skeleton and Layer Breakdown

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&t=120019

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

NamRepaid wrote:I love my near 3 month Ali doll but I'm lucky so far. This ad with TDF member photos is just wrong on so many levels, is Josh a Ali vendor or victim?.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sex-Dol ... 53d49032a4
Josh might be Q and A. Deflowers each and certifies it. LOL
Pics look more like the "for sale" pics here on TDF.
But at 260 shipped. Even trash she'd be good to learn on.
My first is a duplicate of this doll through amazon 300 shipped and she was the best deal I made.
All my learning screw ups were on this what (I call a Bargain Basement Betty (3B)).
Now when my top o' the line gals arrive, I'll have a better idea what not to do and what to do without risking their pretty little expensive selves.

Enjoy ya lady and glad ya got a good deal.

INFORMATIONS