www.wmdolls.com

Very STRONG WARNING not to buy ebay, alibaba or aliexpress

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Very STRONG WARNING not to buy ebay, alibaba or aliexpre

Post by Boobman »

Border wrote:It's my first post here.

I've read your posts and I'm amazed by how much effort you put into protecting other new buyers of love dolls. Great job!

Despite some anti-advises for buying from Aliexpress, I would like to buy an normal size (160-178) love doll from there.
It's due to only there the doll is affordable for me (up to 650-700$ with free shipping to Europe).

I've found some offers for this size and price that are shipping to my country.
Some of the sellers have a lot of positive feedback, but mostly for way cheaper items, so those could be pumped up, I guess.

I would be EXTREMELY thankful if any of you could help me not getting scammed and help choosing trustworthy seller.
I am heavily afraid of scam, because if this one won't be ok, I won't have money for another one in many months, perhaps years.

I wanted to write PM to some of you, but as I'm new here this option is disabled for me.
Thank in advance, from what I see so far this community is amazing :)
A couple of more posts to 5 i think, then you can PM another member.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Border wrote:I am heavily afraid of scam, because if this one won't be ok, I won't have money for another one in many months, perhaps years.
This is precisely why saving up for a bit more is actually important.

Cheap dolls can be horrible. Truly horrible. I've experience of a couple. Second, if you have problems with Customs, you're on your own. That's an increasing risk. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=108147 . If you lose, you've lost.

A shipping company told a TDF vendor with whom I was chatting today that a whole container of dolls had gone missing.

When that happens, a TDF accredited manufacturer can be expected to simply send another.

If you can only afford one doll, then that doll needs to be good and delivered with certainty.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Border
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Border »

haremlover wrote:
Border wrote:This is precisely why saving up for a bit more is actually important.

Cheap dolls can be horrible. Truly horrible.
I must say, $600 doll / item isn't "cheap" for me (it took me considerable amount of time to save it) but I get what you meant with your advice :)

So I've checked some of the vendors that are listed on this forum.
One of them, doll4ever (www.doll-forever.com) offered a little smaller doll for around $1000, deliverable from China and provided me with the alibaba link to their auction.

The auction belong to their profile there (just the link to the profile as I don't know if it's ok to link to auction directly):
https://doll-4ever.en.alibaba.com/

As it was sent to me by person responding from their website and using "@doll-forever.com" address, may I be sure it's an safe offer?

Do you consider it safe to buy it from there?
I would have to gather additional $400 but if that's the risk-free version, I think it's worth it.

I am asking because I am not yet familiar with all the brands, vendors, certificates and what to expect from whom.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Check that that really is the genuine manufacturer's Alibaba account.

Very often such prices don't include shipping. And you will have to budget for import duty on top.

It's worth talking to Jeff at BCD or Don at Mon Amour Toujours if you're in the US, and to D4E directly for any TDF discount they can apply.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

Border
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Border »

haremlover wrote:Check that that really is the genuine manufacturer's Alibaba account.
How can I do so (sorry for dumb question)?

For example, I have:

1. https://doll-4ever.en.alibaba.com/

I got there from link provided by person responding on mail from website http://www.doll-forever.com

Look legit to me, but is it really?

2. https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1516082

Is that the official / trustworthy account?
haremlover wrote:Very often such prices don't include shipping. And you will have to budget for import duty on top.
Yes, I know, thank you for noticing. This time I asked if the shipping is included and they confirmed if I choose the smaller doll they presented for that price they agreed on.

haremlover wrote: It's worth talking to Jeff at BCD or Don at Mon Amour Toujours if you're in the US, and to D4E directly for any TDF discount they can apply.
Unfortunately, I am from Europe. But isnt't contact with form at http://www.doll-forever.com the "D4E direct" contact? I used it and they gave me this alibaba link with proposition of smaller doll + shipping on given price (as long as I accept shipping from China).

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Others with direct knowledge of D4E will be able to comment. Post a query in their part of the forum and send them a PM through TDF.

That's probably the appropriate advice for all manufacturers if in doubt and with any queries of legitimacy on internet links.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

devion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by devion »

Border wrote:
haremlover wrote:Unfortunately, I am from Europe.
From where in Europe? I very strongly recomnend to buy from a local vendor in your country or at least from a european neighbour. Much less risk. They usually handle safe shipping from china to europe, customs and the final delivery to you. They also usually make a final quality check at their local warehouse before they send the doll to you. If anything goes wrong during delivery or with customs, the vendor has to solve it on its own. It is not your problem. It is also usually much easier to get your money back if something goes completely wrong. I recently bought my very first own doll from dollsclub.de and had similar concerns like you. Went all smoothly. My Danielle is here now.

As far as i know, the following europe (germany) based vendors sell legimate dolls:

https://dollstudio.org/
https://www.dollsclub.de/
https://www.rs-dolls.com/
https://www.dollpark.com/
Visit Danielle (WM 157B Body, 162 Head) for some eye candy

Border
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Border »

Thank you for the links, I will message those vendors.
I am almost sure there are no vendors in my country, but still - Germany is closer than China.

The problem is, by quick look at their websites I see some of they have much higher price ranges, so I don't think they will be able to give me similar offer.

Maybe except dollsclub.de which really has very beautiful dolls within reasonable prices.

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

rubberball55 wrote:Without mentioning any names here on TDF the only dolls I have purchased that failed
were the ones I purchased here. I have seen cheap copies from Alibaba and AliExpress
but the ones I bought were great and the prices were a fraction of some approved sellers.
I am not particularly easy on mine also....
I've also had a similar experience but don't want to out an approved vendor.

devion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by devion »

Border wrote:The problem is, by quick look at their websites I see some of they have much higher price ranges, so I don't think they will be able to give me similar offer. Maybe except dollsclub.de which really has very beautiful dolls within reasonable prices.
Not that i'm aware of. Product prices are very similar... the base body for my Danielle (WM 157cm Body) at these vendors is:

dollstudio: 1.590,00 €
dollsclub: 1.328,95 €
rs-dolls: 1.328,00 €
dollpark: 1.328,00 €

What really differs are prices for customization options (like standing feet, improved skeleton) or the service package. Dollstudio is (by far) the most expensive, but also the only "TDF approved" vendor. I was happy with dollsclub and i'm sure they sell the real doll and no fake or cheap copy. Also, some of these vendors often sell dolls in Sale for a reduced price. These were usually "used" as exhibit for their showroom or at trade fairs. Speaking of showrooms. Dollsclub, RS-Dolls and Dollpark all have one (not sure for dollstudio), where you can go and see the difference between dolls (and manufactures) for yourself and speak with their staff directly. At least if you happen to live nearby. For me dollsclub is directly in my city. So it was perfect for me personally
Visit Danielle (WM 157B Body, 162 Head) for some eye candy

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

devion wrote:
Border wrote:The problem is, by quick look at their websites I see some of they have much higher price ranges, so I don't think they will be able to give me similar offer. Maybe except dollsclub.de which really has very beautiful dolls within reasonable prices.
Not that i'm aware of. Product prices are very similar... the base body for my Danielle (WM 157cm Body) at these vendors is:

dollstudio: 1.590,00 €
dollsclub: 1.328,95 €
rs-dolls: 1.328,00 €
dollpark: 1.328,00 €

What really differs are prices for customization options (like standing feet, improved skeleton) or the service package. Dollstudio is (by far) the most expensive, but also the only "TDF approved" vendor. I was happy with dollsclub and i'm sure they sell the real doll and no fake or cheap copy. Also, some of these vendors often sell dolls in Sale for a reduced price. These were usually "used" as exhibit for their showroom or at trade fairs. Speaking of showrooms. Dollsclub, RS-Dolls and Dollpark all have one (not sure for dollstudio), where you can go and see the difference between dolls (and manufactures) for yourself and speak with their staff directly. At least if you happen to live nearby. For me dollsclub is directly in my city. So it was perfect for me personally
As you mention Germany as location...
I ordered some dolls inc. a Realdoll and you can find some TDF vendors who charge almost double price like others which are even preferred by the manufacturer if you ask the manufacturer.
Better look twice and pay only about half (or at least less with better service :wink: ).
On TDF you will find a good vendor (which maybe isn't listed here as a vendor) for your doll if you are located in Germany or Europe and I hope censorship will not blend out this because some want to sell overpriced dolls. :wink:

Dogmanblob3
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Dogmanblob3 »

Can anyone give a suggestion on where to buy a good quality doll for $500 or less? The prices are kind of insane on some of these sites.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Hey there dogman,

You will not get an official manufacturer doll for less than that kind of money (new at least). Some vendors do run sales from time to time and also sell off photogaphy dolls etc with some slight imperfections cheap...but then stuck with certain specifics etc and may not be what you're looking for. You can also look through our Sales Section and see if there is anything to your liking there.

If I may direct you to our New Member Welcome Page which will give some outlines for you as a new member, especially if you wish to reply to a sales thread.

Mavi

shotdot

Post by shotdot »

This thread originated Jan 2016. Three years later it looks like complete nonsense undermining credibility of the forum.

Certainly, the availability of $300-700 dolls (depending on the size) threatens the very existence of vendors. However, keep in mind that if doll market were continue its exponential growth, there would always be a certain percentage of buyers who would not be patient enough to do their own research but rather prefer simple experience purchasing through a vendor.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Buy cheap dolls and you might really not get what you'd like to keep . . .

Not all companies are conscientious enough to ask me to look at their dolls.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

INFORMATIONS