www.wmdolls.com

Been Scammed - Need Advice

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
nosuchusername
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Been Scammed - Need Advice

Post by nosuchusername »

xxxman122 wrote:Keep this story updated, please. I am actually curious.
Last week I finally got a refund! I spoke to an Amazon customer service representative that was very understanding. She forced a new return authorization using the prepaid label. I boxed up the doll and returned it. For two weeks, I didn't hear anything from the seller, so I contacted him and a few hours later he issued the refund.

Looking back on it, I realize that I probably overreacted with everything. But, everything seemed so suspicious to me that I couldn't help it much. I'm glad its over though. I'm still thinking about buying a doll from a TDF vendor, despite the possibility of it only being marginally better than the knockoff. I would rather pay more for a product that people know and trust. But, I'm still only thinking about it...

I have learned one thing: Amazon's A-z guarantee program is hit-or-miss. In many cases, I'm sure it works as intended. In my case, they explained that they denied my claim because they thought I received exactly what I ordered, despite my efforts to prove otherwise. In some cases, I've heard people having claims denied because they signed for the package. As if you can tell if something is legit by looking at the box...

Anyway, it's been real. Once again, I appreciate everyone's advice!

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

I am extremely disappointed in Amazon for continuing to allow these vendors to use photos from other vendors. WM seems to be the scammers favorite target.

nosuchusername
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by nosuchusername »

Robert Lloyd wrote:I am extremely disappointed in Amazon for continuing to allow these vendors to use photos from other vendors. WM seems to be the scammers favorite target.
Agree 100%. I understand that their marketplace can be difficult to regulate - but it's almost as though they don't care when someone gets screwed over. They seem to look for any excuse to not make good on their guarantees. Profit over people, I suppose.

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Hopefully if more people get scammed by Amazon, they will go out of the business. Then small, local businesses can open up again. I think Amazon is killing small businesses, and wish they and all other large stores would bite the dust.
Buy from and eat in small businesses, if possible.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Guess what?
Ebay kicked me off stating dolls with face 124 looked like minors?
WTF
Sadly there goes all my scam warnings.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Here is my post from a similar thread.

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 2#p1336752
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

travisisgod
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by travisisgod »

I purchased one from amazon and I've posted a few times about it. I didn't get what was in the picture and left negative feedback. I did get a RacyMe doll that I've had for almost a year and 0 issues. It's in my bed with me every night and we party pretty frequently. I'm happy with my purchase, wish I was a member of the forums before I made it but, lessons learned. You paid less than me. See if Amazon will let you return it, they're pretty boss about that sorta thing.

baralgini

Post by baralgini »

Dollover2000,you have many dolls Racume. I want to buy a doll Tanya, can you say something about her, or send me her photo. Thanks for the answer.

INFORMATIONS