www.wmdolls.com

Been Scammed - Need Advice

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
nosuchusername
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Been Scammed - Need Advice

Post by nosuchusername »

Hi all,

I was just scammed on Amazon. I'm very new to this, and I didn't really do any good research into dolls, so when I saw one for ~$700, I pounced. The pictures show WM Doll's 140CM D-cup model, but I received a Racyme knockoff. Considering I don't really want any body parts to fall off from bad TPE, I'd like to get rid of it ASAP.

I requested a refund through the seller, in the comments stating that I wish return shipping to be paid for by the seller, or I would file an A-z claim. He responded to me asking if I was "sure" that I wanted to return it; I said yes, of course. Then, he sent a message saying that I can box it up and send it to an address in Texas. I pay return shipping, and he reimburses me when he receives the doll. Uh-huh.

At this point, he hadn't authorized the return through Amazon, only told me where to send it through private message. I waited for about an hour, then filed an A-z claim, because this is clearly very shady behavior. About 30 minutes after I filed the claim, he authorized the return through Amazon, and messaged me begging to drop the claim. However, he still insists that I pay return shipping and that he'll reimburse me. I ignored the message and figured I would wait until I hear from Amazon. He messaged me about an hour or so later, again requesting that I drop the claim. This all happened last night, and I haven't heard anything since.

So, now for the advice... should I do anything? Everything about this deal is shady, but I'm afraid that if the A-z claim gets denied, I won't be able to return the doll at all, and I'll be out ~$700 instead of just $80 or so for shipping.

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson regardless of the outcome...

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Been Scammed - Need Advice

Post by Slew »

Hi nosuchusername. > Welcome to TDF <

First, I'd like to tell you that while they are a knock off brand, Racyme isn't necessarily going to fall apart right away.. many people have joined up on TDF just to let us know they bought a knock off and it's been a great deal. Solid enough dolls, no hazardous materials, no broken spine the next day.. just a good cheap doll.

By the same coin, many people actually complain about their authentic brand name dolls falling apart too quickly all the time.

So, my first bit of advice is to think of how much you spent, and think of what you want from this doll. Do you want her to bake you breakfast? Then you'll need to spend $50K. If you just want a cute doll to photograph, cuddle and have relations with, then you might be overthinking things here.

Don't get me wrong, I do recommend using our approved vendors over eBay and Aliexpress in the future, but you've probably got a decent value doll already at your residence, so you might as well get to know her. She might teach you valuable and less expensive lessons, compared to a $2,500 doll.

A-Z or not, up to you.. but I'd spend a few minutes getting to know your doll before deciding to get rid of her.

Peonyou101
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Peonyou101 »

Nosuchusername, I read all you wrote and I'm sure theres more to it then what you wrote but just reading what you did write I think you should feel fortunate. There are other people that have gotten scammed alot worse then you have. Alot of people that got scammed the seller just takes the buyers money and buyer never receives a doll and never hears from the seller again or the seller shows a nice tpe or silicone doll but will send them a blow up doll instead. I don't think its right if they showed WM pictures on the sale but gave you a Racyme doll instead but you should feel fortunate atleast the seller has been responding to you and even offered to take the doll back as long as you pay for shipping. We have members on here that have bought Racyme dolls before and are happy with them so at this point I suggest you take a deep breath and then use your own judgement, I know your doll is not a WM doll but examine her and see if you are happy with how she looks and how she feels. If your not happy with her then just swallow the shipping fee and return her just feel happy you are actually still able to return her and use this as a learning experience too, normally when something is sold really cheap and sounds too good to be true then ask alot of questions before you decide to buy it and doing research before you buy will also help you not get scammed as easily.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Racyme isn't all bad from what I've heard. That said, the product being sold was clearly misrepresented. So I'd imagine A-Z will cover all associated cost. Follow though with your claim and let Amazon handle it. Don't be intimidated by the seller. Clearly he knows he's in the wrong and just trying to cover his ass. If nothing else, do it for future buyers that may fall victim to this Charlatan.

30pointbuck

Post by 30pointbuck »

I would think about keeping it if it has a look you can appreciate. Since it is your first doll, you can learn a lot of do's and don'ts at a cheaper price. Nothing wrong with a claim either. These idiots are gonna have to learn to use their own photos sooner or later and stop misrepresenting their dolls.

Xander_DL

Post by Xander_DL »

Never fun to be scammed.

I got a Racyme 140 D knock-off head #36 from Ali-express, my own fault.
I have her now for 2 and half years and even got her a set of modded Eyelids, I really enjoy her still.
She might be of lesser TPE quality but to me every bit the beautiful companion a real WM would have been.

Honestly I was also very happy I got an actual TPE doll instead of a blow-up one or nothing at all for my hard earned cash.

Edit* She hasn't fallen apart yet ;)

Dollover2000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollover2000 »

I have a half a dozen Racyme dolls from Amazon now and they’re all just fine. All of them were under $1000. And none of them look “cheap”. And as was stated they are perfect entry level dolls to “learn” on.
The thing I don’t understand is the people that pay less than $2000+ for a doll are surprised they’re not getting an original. Come on people…You can’t possibly think you’re going to get a real one for anything less.
And also as was stated, get to know your “knock off“ girl. There’s a reason you spent a third of what you should’ve for her.
I’m very happy with my Amazon dolls. I got a room full of them for the price of two real ones.
Funny thing is with these, if I didn’t learn and know these were counterfeit from here, I wouldn’t of ever known the difference otherwise…
They came out that good.
And this is coming from a guy who actually toured the Abyss factory in 2003.
WM168F
WM168E
165cm
165cm
158cm
SY165#126

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Why not ask the seller to have the person in Texas do a damaged call tag via fedex?
Chances are the person in Texas is an agent for Racyme.
Jeff and nyoko
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Xander_DL

Post by Xander_DL »

I paid 2400 Euros for mine btw, including import taxes, what seemed like a reasonable price for what I believed to be a real WM.

nosuchusername
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by nosuchusername »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses! I'm getting some mixed messages here, as I expected, but I understand everyone has their own opinion on these dolls.

As for her, I can't say yet for sure what I'll do. I've tried to check the A-z claim status on Amazon, but every time I do I get an error page. I emailed them just a few minutes ago to see if they could fix the issue, but I suppose I'll be in limbo until I hear back.

It's funny, because on one hand, I am happy to have *something*, even if she's not perfect. On the other hand, I feel like I would rather save up my money and buy a genuine WM doll. I've seen comparison videos between Racyme and WM, and it's obvious that WM are softer, more durable (in general), and more pleasurable. So, in my mind it is a bit of a struggle.

I will say, one of the biggest turn-offs to me was when I tried to bend her legs at the hip. It was so incredibly difficult that I actually broke out into a sweat. Now, that might say more about *me* than her, but I feel that it shouldn't be that tight. All other joints, including knees, are 100 times easier to bend. I've read that this can be an issue with the knockoffs, but I'm not totally sure.
Booty Call Dolls wrote:Why not ask the seller to have the person in Texas do a damaged call tag via fedex?
Chances are the person in Texas is an agent for Racyme.
Jeff and nyoko
I'm not sure if this would apply. She's not damaged, just not what I ordered - and honestly I'm not sure if a FedEx inspector would be able (or willing) to tell the difference. Also, I'm not sure who is in Texas, really. It came from a place called Warehouse PLUS, but I suspect the seller is in the Far East somewhere, due to his company's name, response times (usually very late at night, midnight and after), and grammar.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

A lesson anyone new has to learn. The Amazon, Ebay, Aliexpress Sellers are not "authorized" sellers to sell the brands. If they are, prices will be in line to the authentic sellers. Not hundreds of dollars less.
The only scam they committed was using copyrighted pictures from a "brand" No one has been able to answer why they do this!!! Do they think no one will complain like this gentleman?

I went through similar as you with Aliexpress. I did not feel scammed at all. No, she did not have the head #36 as a WM. as pictured in ad.
She is a doll from an actual manufacturer named Rifrano. So she is a legitimate doll, not a knock off. They list her on their site. Face is identical.
At least my seller did answer my question truthfully when I asked who makes the dolls they sell.

It's confusing shit for new people. No doubt some veterans heads spin as well sometimes.

My LuAnne is 6 months old now, her TPE is in Fantastic shape. (Have done some repairs to some of it. Errors in newbie care, My fault 100%)

The joints will loosen with time. If you are happy with how she looks, give her a chance, if you are not, then do what you can to return/refund.

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jokerisalive »

Amazon has been selling that same doll for a while now. Looks like the 140 cm is not available anymore though just the 158cm. looks like alot of the dolls 140 and under are either gone or sparse. Racyme knocks off brand aplenty on there. A cheap substitute for the actual 1am Katie doll.

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

nosuchusername wrote:Hi all,

I was just scammed on Amazon. I'm very new to this, and I didn't really do any good research into dolls, so when I saw one for ~$700, I pounced. The pictures show WM Doll's 140CM D-cup model, but I received a Racyme knockoff. Considering I don't really want any body parts to fall off from bad TPE, I'd like to get rid of it ASAP.

I requested a refund through the seller, in the comments stating that I wish return shipping to be paid for by the seller, or I would file an A-z claim. He responded to me asking if I was "sure" that I wanted to return it; I said yes, of course. Then, he sent a message saying that I can box it up and send it to an address in Texas. I pay return shipping, and he reimburses me when he receives the doll. Uh-huh.

At this point, he hadn't authorized the return through Amazon, only told me where to send it through private message. I waited for about an hour, then filed an A-z claim, because this is clearly very shady behavior. About 30 minutes after I filed the claim, he authorized the return through Amazon, and messaged me begging to drop the claim. However, he still insists that I pay return shipping and that he'll reimburse me. I ignored the message and figured I would wait until I hear from Amazon. He messaged me about an hour or so later, again requesting that I drop the claim. This all happened last night, and I haven't heard anything since.

So, now for the advice... should I do anything? Everything about this deal is shady, but I'm afraid that if the A-z claim gets denied, I won't be able to return the doll at all, and I'll be out ~$700 instead of just $80 or so for shipping.

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson regardless of the outcome...
Tell the Amazon vendor you will get in contact with WM.
Tell them they must pay full refund and returned shipping because of the scam and phoney photos used.

I fell for the same thing with my first purchase, the Amazon vendor was NWDolls or something like that.

At first the vendor wanted me to pay the return shipping (also to Texas) and I wasn't having any of it. After telling the vendor how I was going to report him for stealing the photos he used I had him agree to first, refund my money in full, then pay for return shipping. So at one point I had both the cash and the doll and the return shipping label, I only then proceeded to ship the doll to Texas,. By the way, that Texas address is a self storage business.

nosuchusername
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by nosuchusername »

I just received another message from the seller, it states
So sorry to bother you again, as we have sent your many emails but without reply, i think you are too busy to read this. I really hope we could have a good communication for this problem.
Waiting for your early reply
Regards
I'm considering messaging him back and telling him that I'd be willing to drop the A-z claim if he agrees to create a prepaid shipping label for me for return.

I'm a bit torn about this as well because on one hand, I just want my money back. But, as some of you have pointed out, this is a moral issue that extends beyond me. If he agrees to the terms, I'd probably get my money back, but the seller would have no repercussions beyond a financial inconvenience of about $80 for shipping. It's almost certain he would go on to sell her to someone else. Also, the fact that he's messaging me these things tells me that he's worried about losing the claim, although I still can't say that its a sure thing...

Finally, is it possible for the seller to refuse to refund after he's received the item? If he claims that it was damaged, or something of the sort?

Thanks all, I really appreciate all of your help! I know my posts tend to be wordy, but this is a slightly complicated issue for me... I'm not particularly prepared to write off $700, if you catch my drift.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

What exactly is the sellers Return Policy ?

Since this doll is Not shipped and sold by Amazon, you will have to refer and abide by their policy. Amazon is not responsible for 3rd party sellers merchandise returns.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

INFORMATIONS