sexyrealsexdolls.com

Help with search feature

Need some help in finding your way around TDF? Want to know the short cuts? BBCode support? Using images in your posts? It's all here.
Jusnukinpanub
Active Poster
Active Poster

Help with search feature

Post by Jusnukinpanub »

I seem to be having trouble using the search feature and can’t find help on the topic because I’m having trouble with the search feature.
I found the advanced search box and can do a search for a single word in a particular forum but I am rarely looking for a single word. If I type two or more words I will get results for every topic with those two words in it regardless of order or proximity For example I was trying to find help regarding the search feature so I typed “search help”. I get tons of hits that have those two words in them but not together. Just a lot of posts about how someone did a search for something then way down the thread maybe something about getting help with something else.
What’s the trick?

Jennifer_D
Doll
Doll

Re: Help with search feature

Post by Jennifer_D »

put your words inside "QUOTATIONS"...

Jusnukinpanub
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jusnukinpanub »

I tried that. Hmmm. Maybe I’ll try a different browser.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Jusnukinpanub wrote:I seem to be having trouble using the search feature and can’t find help on the topic because I’m having trouble with the search feature.
:haha4: That's classic - like when your internet goes down and you call your ISP, but you get a recording that tells you to visit their website for assistance.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Yes, the TDF search function is more than a bit limited. In fact adding "quotations" doesn't help and probably further confuses the poor thing.

When I'm forced to use it, I try to use only 2 or 3 keywords, the more specific the better the result, and especially avoid common words and short words.

We hope to upgrade software at some point, and I'm sure if at all possible the search function will be one of the things we look at when upgrading.

What were you trying to search?

EveAndTheDude
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by EveAndTheDude »

Hi, I’m having the same issue. I’d like to search for a phrase, e.g. “best doll for cuddling”. Wrapping in quotations still doesn’t work. Posting this in 2022, hope there is a solution by now.

Soft
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Soft »

EveAndTheDude wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:20 am Hi, I’m having the same issue. I’d like to search for a phrase, e.g. “best doll for cuddling”. Wrapping in quotations still doesn’t work. Posting this in 2022, hope there is a solution by now.
If an internet forum has a less than ideal search function, I sometimes use Google. Try entering this:

Code: Select all

"best doll for cuddling" site:https://dollforum.com/forum
I know the post I'm quoting is almost a year old, but maybe this tip can be useful for someone in the future.

INFORMATIONS