betterlovedoll.com

Sanhui vs. Doll Sweet - Cynthia & Alice Media Archive

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Sanhui vs. Doll Sweet - Cynthia & Alice Media Archive

Post by Sofos »

Interesting read and I will look at the video later :D

Thanks for sharing :thumbs_up:

Edit, oh and they do seem to get along well :razz:

rubyfan
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by rubyfan »

Just watched the video, thanks for posting it! I've owned both these dolls and very much agree with your conclusion. The Sanhui 168 is better. While I never actively disliked my DS 167, I never felt satisfied with it as either a sex doll or sleeping companion. It did photograph very nicely, however. I was glad to sell my DS, but if I had to sell my Sanhui I would replace it as soon as I could.

My only outstanding issues with Sanhui are that their dolls could use more fine details on hands and feet, and their web site is always a confusing, slow mess when it comes to listing features and additions. Obviously, Sanhui could use more faces too but a few of the ones they offer are spectacular.

Sanhui right now is simply a steal, particularly the gorgeous 168, and especially so for those on a tight budget who want to avoid TPE. For those buyers this doll simply cannot be beat.

:glou:
"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."—H.L. Mencken

AhMyDolless
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by AhMyDolless »

Great review Sate. The last time I heard about Sanhui "current" designs was when George gave his take on those a few years ago. Glad that Sanhui now has at least a softer butt option, which was previously my biggest disappointment about them.
Obligatory Statement: In my opinion.

kelfin
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kelfin »

Great video. I like the body of the DS the best, but the Sanhui just seems much better built for practical use.

jackbeenimble

Post by jackbeenimble »

Nicely done comparison! Thanks for sharing. Great info for fans of DS and Sanhui. Great to see both companies moving forward with improvements.
Ileyana: PIB Bathing Beauty
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=116325

Ianthe: Z-One 170
viewtopic.php?f=262&t=73332

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

I'd say that Sanhui is definitely catching up to DS - DS has a wonder set of sculpts. But their functionalities need to be improved on. Little things like better skin (texture, feel, oiliness) - these things can definitely still use some improvement. Also the genitals could use some options/improvements. DS is probably still the best overall value, tho ... for now.

DeltaTengo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DeltaTengo »

Sate,
I want to thank you for the very informative video. Both your and HaremLover's review heavily influenced my decision for my first doll purchase.

ImBatman
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ImBatman »

I just saw these images today and had to say that I really like the way they are framed - the angles make a lot of difference to the composition. I also like how the natural light is reflecting off of their bodies. They look very lovely. :)

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aeron »

Sate, what are you thoughts of the ball joint's easy of manipulation?

I saw some posts by Sandro mention DS's "more loose" joint stiffness made it really easy to move the doll into various positions in bed. Do you think a normal stiffness ball joint from Sanhui would match that?

I'm under the impression ball joints in general are easier and smoother to move into position than regular hinge joints of equal stiffness.

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

Morning,

The ball joint upgrade to Sanhui's skeleton came into use after I had purchased my latest doll, so unfortunately I never got the chance to check it out. Sanhui is one of those makers that doesn't use soft joints on their skeleton, leaving it usually to metal against metal, so if you did get a loose jointed doll from them now it would behave similar to my last Sanhui doll with unusually floppy limbs.

DS dolls regardless of size have especially smooth joint movements when set with loose joints, they have a sort of gliding motion. My last Sanhui had some loose joints which can be considered more floppy in movement than smooth, they had loosened up from being originally stiff joints. That would be another great comparison to make on video, but maybe someone else will take the financial hit this time to do it.

- Sate
My Dolls
- Elsa Babe 148cm RAD Doll - viewtopic.php?f=541&t=148889

Sate's Doll Archives
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84142

Special
Action Figures: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=95008
Video Game Models: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130012

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Sounds like a good idea Sate, as the new SANHUI chassis is vastly superior to the previous BJ design.

Also, they are reworking a couple of the body design shapes and dimensions, more gel inserts are being used, and they are integrating custom skin tones as well.

...and then there is the price comparison as well.

I think you need an upgraded SANHUI to compare with, in the interim, I am still bolting together my Lorelei review for the latest version of the 165R custom.

Great comparison, but you can guess my Bias, unless DS wants to provide me with a sample for detailed eval :haha4:

Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS