betterlovedoll.com

Beautiful Chloe - You won't believe this.

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Beautiful Chloe - You won't believe this.

Post by LoversJD »

Lika wrote:Congrats on your New Camera~!! Lovely photos~!!

I would say you used to much lighting over exposure, lower your shutter speed and iso a little
lower to get a more natural look on your camera settings, i always use Manual mode for all my photo shooting ~!!
Takes a lot of practice getting to know how to use a DSLR but so worth it~!!
I have a Canon 60D with 50mm Prime lens and also have a 18-135mm Kit lens which does wonders.
I use a soft box and a spot light for my photo shoots you can get them cheap on Ebay and amazon.
Thank you Lika - Great comments from you as always!

I will do exactly what you just said and go from there. Honestly :oops: , I spent a good 10mins figuring out how to even take a picture with the DSLR.

I will be getting some diffused lighting from a friend of mine today, should be a huge step up from a lamp 8O
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Awesome photo work! Looks like you made an awesome 'deal' with your neighbor for the weights.

Curious if you are ever asked/share for examples of your trade deal?

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

It's a great start , nice camera (own the D3300), very lovely and cute Chloe!
You have a very unique and beautiful style LoversJD
It's a perfect doll to get fast more experience how to use the skeleton, for easy learn and changing the poses.

But the best thing is your great enthusiasm and that she makes you really happy :D

You only like maybe to resize your pictures. There is some good free software for Win or Mac to make them noticeable smaller with still pretty nice quality

Keep on posting!!
Jazzmine______________________________________________Demona____________________________Druuna

Roona
_

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

Dr Dollinger wrote:It's a great start , nice camera (own the D3300), very lovely and cute Chloe!
You have a very unique and beautiful style LoversJD
It's a perfect doll to get fast more experience how to use the skeleton, for easy learn and changing the poses.

But the best thing is your great enthusiasm and that she makes you really happy :D

You only like maybe to resize your pictures. There is some good free software for Win or Mac to make them noticeable smaller with still pretty nice quality

Keep on posting!!
I’m drinking atm and am a little wasted :drinking: 8O

The fact you like my photos though is a huge deal for me :) Chloe makes me very happy - She offered me a hobby and nothing but positivity, unfortunately, nothing else offered me anything but negativity and self doubt.

I can only just work to understand the manual setting ect of my camera and put my personality into my photos and hopefully people like what I create. I will be getting more JM dolls to photograph soon.

This is something I genuinely like doing.
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

LoversJD wrote:What do you guys/girls think of the images? Positive or negative comments are both highly appreciate - they will help me.
Pictures are so good it makes me want to order that doll right now. I agree with someone else's comment about the soft box, but I think you're doing great work.

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

SiliconeWorld wrote:Awesome photo work! Looks like you made an awesome 'deal' with your neighbor for the weights.

I think it was an amazing deal. Basically my neighbour wanted my weights because he wanted to get larger (I had loads of supplements and a workout plan). I offered him the whole lot for the camera during a drinking session and he accepted. We are now both happy :) is that what you meant?

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Honestly :oops: , I spent a good 10mins figuring out how to even take a picture with the DSLR.
I bought a DSLR for my ex for her photography class in college. I played around with it. Yes, I remember the frustration at just learning to do basic things. I remember thinking the DSLR was too smart for me ;) I had to watch youtube videos to learn how to use it and study the vocabulary to learn all the lingo. It's definitely a time commitment. Hey, kind of like being a new doll owner. Lots of time spent just to learn the basics.

Mr_Fix_it
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Over the Horizon turn left and about half way up the hill

Post by Mr_Fix_it »

LoversJD wrote:
SiliconeWorld wrote:Awesome photo work! Looks like you made an awesome 'deal' with your neighbor for the weights.

I think it was an amazing deal. Basically my neighbour wanted my weights because he wanted to get larger (I had loads of supplements and a workout plan). I offered him the whole lot for the camera during a drinking session and he accepted. We are now both happy :) is that what you meant?
Hi LoversJD, I think what SiliconeWorld was asking was...Has your neighbour ever asked to see the photos you're taking with your new camera? (Just my take on it)
:glou:
Fix.

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

Mr_Fix_it wrote:
LoversJD wrote:

Hi LoversJD, I think what SiliconeWorld was asking was...Has your neighbour ever asked to see the photos you're taking with your new camera? (Just my take on it)
:glou:
Fix.
Yea that makes more sense! My neighbour Tim knows about Chloe :) I am very open about my interests.

I actually went and got my green screen and diffused lights from my ex's today, might help.

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

Robert Lloyd wrote:
LoversJD wrote:What do you guys/girls think of the images? Positive or negative comments are both highly appreciate - they will help me.
Pictures are so good it makes me want to order that doll right now. I agree with someone else's comment about the soft box, but I think you're doing great work.
Robert, I have told you this from the beginning :) JM are amazing and I got Chloe for a bargain with all the clothing ect. She was meant to be an example of the brand and determine whether I get a larger doll with them - little did I know I would absolutely fall in love with her.

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

An advantage of the smaller JM is the seamless neck. I don't think the bigger jm dolls are seamless

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

Yea - the seamless necks are a big bonus. It’s a shame about seamless necks not being offered for every size.

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

C1.png
C1.png (17.57 MiB) Viewed 1499 times
Chloe is wearing her nice dress today. Just some nice photos :) I hope you like them!
c2.png
c2.png (12.87 MiB) Viewed 1499 times
Very elegant indeed!

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

dolls-castle
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by dolls-castle »

Good job, she is very lovely! :thumbs_up:
WhatsApp: +8617328158178
Email: allum@dolls-castle.com

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

dolls-castle wrote:Good job, she is very lovely! :thumbs_up:
Hello Miracle,

Thanks for your nice comment!
I ended up getting my camera and most of the setup with no upfront costs. It’s going well so far 8O :wink: (Miracle knew I was looking for a camera and setup)

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

INFORMATIONS