betterlovedoll.com

To Those Who Think Maintenance Is A Chore!

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

To Those Who Think Maintenance Is A Chore!

Post by Muninn »

The title of this mini-shoot was inspired by some recent posts by people who are new to the whole doll scene and are a bit put off by the amount of maintenance that TPE dolls demand to keep them in tip top shape. "Oh, but it seems a lot of effort" comes the cry!

So, as today is the day to give Lynne what car mechanics would call an "interim service" - quick wash down, Nivea Creme in a couple of high stress areas, renew some make-up - I thought I'd take some shots showing why cleaning your doll is never "a chore"! I think the setting afternoon sun through the blind in the bedroom give it a good atmosphere. I'm not quite happy with the photos, but I wanted to challenge myself with the large contrasts of light and shade. Any constructive criticism/tips are welcome :)

I find it quite easy to do this standing up against a wall, as L has the standing foot option - no messing about getting a wet bed, or carting her off into the bath for a shower...
IMG_0634e.jpg
IMG_0634e.jpg (690.67 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
I mean... who on earth would find washing that cute bottom down a chore?! :D

Obviously, having three points of contact is a very good idea when you're doing this, so she's got one arm leaning on the wall, at times she'll have both arms up for stability purposes.
IMG_0638e.jpg
IMG_0638e.jpg (914.6 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
After a while, Lynne got a little bit irritated with me staring at her and taking photos instead of washing her down. She turns her head: "So are you going to finish washing me, or shall I throw you on the bed and have my wicked way with you... again!". Whether we finished the wash or not is strictly between me and her... :wink:
IMG_0637e.jpg
IMG_0637e.jpg (623.01 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

editit

Re: To Those Who Think Maintenance Is A Chore!

Post by editit »

Photography tips I can help. Although they look pretty good as they are. If shooting in RAW you could just bring up the exposure on her face a bit. Otherwise you may want to shoot a bracket (3 or more shots with different exposure) and let the camera do the work.
WM 155DD Nikki is HOT!
PM’s always welcome if you prefer to stay UTR.
I was a doubter, but now totally into it!

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

editit wrote:Photography tips I can help. Although they look pretty good as they are. If shooting in RAW you could just bring up the exposure on her face a bit. Otherwise you may want to shoot a bracket (3 or more shots with different exposure) and let the camera do the work.
Thanks for the tip - I'll going to start shooting in RAW again. I used to do so for astrophotography as you can bring out a lot of the "hidden detail" better in nebulae and galaxies. If I'm doing landscape shots I'm a bit lazy and don't bother - close ups and portraits are a new thing for me, so still learning :)
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!

editit

Post by editit »

I am here to help. I found Lightroom to be easier for my students as far as inexpensive software. What do you use?
WM 155DD Nikki is HOT!
PM’s always welcome if you prefer to stay UTR.
I was a doubter, but now totally into it!

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

I enjoy powdering my doll when her silicone is sticky. It feels good to rub her naked body.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Nice pics with natural light. Her curves a beautiful, she looks almost real that way.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Thank you! The powdering is indeed good fun! :D
editit wrote:I am here to help. I found Lightroom to be easier for my students as far as inexpensive software. What do you use?
I'm currently using Photoshop CS2, though I have got a copy of 4 somewhere. Old software, but it does the job for me.
(They/Them)

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

The biggest problem I have is that I don't have a biochemical reaction to a doll--even a high end one.
When I'm around a pretty girl my body gets excited and it's an amazing experience. Dolls don't do that for me--at least not yet. For that reason maintenance would still be a chore. I've said before that perhaps I need an attitude adjustment and I'm not sure how to make that happen.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Robert Lloyd wrote:The biggest problem I have is that I don't have a biochemical reaction to a doll--even a high end one.
When I'm around a pretty girl my body gets excited and it's an amazing experience. Dolls don't do that for me--at least not yet. For that reason maintenance would still be a chore. I've said before that perhaps I need an attitude adjustment and I'm not sure how to make that happen.
Hmm, it could well happen one day, who knows? Time will tell...

Here's another photo I found while I was organising my files. Lynne doesn't mind me sharing this one even though she doesn't normally do full frontals :)
IMG_0644.JPG
IMG_0644.JPG (1.83 MiB) Viewed 934 times
(They/Them)

INFORMATIONS