betterlovedoll.com

Model Shots

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Model Shots

Post by djcdoll »

Tiffany wanted to be glamorous today so I said how about we try another "Model Shot" of a Hollywood actress?
She was up for the challenge - she likes getting glammed up! :lol:

For this attempt we chose Scarlett Johansson and a really nice photograph of her from Vanity Fair, taken back in 2006 I think.
Luckily we had a black dress that nearly matched the top half of Scarlett's dress, plus some shiny earrings.
Tiffany had to change eye colour from blue to green (MF Easy Move eyes are brilliant!)
The hardest part was getting Tiffany's hair to match as close as I could to Scarlett's hair, I'm definitely NOT a hair dresser! Ha ha. :lol:
Scarlett almost has a frown on her face in her image, but there was no way I could get Tiffany to frown.

So here is my Tiffany as Scarlett Johansson. :D

(I'll add some extra information on Tiffany's thread about how it was done.)
Attachments
Tiffany as Scarlett Johansson.
Tiffany as Scarlett Johansson.
Tiff_Scarlett.jpg (496.13 KiB) Viewed 2028 times

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

We had some heavy rain showers here today so we thought we'd have another go at a Hollywood A-List "Model Shot".
For this attempt we chose another photograph of Scarlett Johansson. We like her and their are lot of great photos online of her to choose from. :D

This one was a bit more tricky than the last one due to the deep shadows and muted colours in the original image.
I think my hairdressing skills are a bit rubbish as well, with trying to match Scarlett's hair! ha ha. :lol:

It looks like Scarlett was in a reasonably large studio and the backdrop is placed a few feet back from her.
She's leaning quite a way forward. I couldn't quite get Tiffany to match that as her head wouldn't go far back enough.
I didn't have a suitable backdrop so had to improvise, plus I didn't have the space to put Tiffany sufficiently far away from it.
It's also not easy to work out where the lights were placed in Scarlett's photo, but looks like she was lit from the left side, slightly in front of her.
Anyway I learnt some more about photographic lighting and shade, it's not as easy as it looks. So on to the next one.

So here is my Tiffany as Scarlett Johansson (again!). :D

Sorry if people find these images a bit boring.
Attachments
Tiff_Scarlett.jpg
Tiff_Scarlett.jpg (687.02 KiB) Viewed 1992 times

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Well, Tiffany certainly outshines Scarlett :D :razz:

Well done!

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Sofos wrote:Well, Tiffany certainly outshines Scarlett :D :razz:
Well done!
Thank you very much, that's very kind of you to say that. Tiffany will be pleased now! Ha ha. :thumbs_up:

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Here's another of my "Model Shots" series of Scarlett Johansson photo copies with Tiffany. I'm on a roll now! ha ha :lol:

I naively thought this copy would be quick and easy to do, I was wrong.
I spent an awful LOT of time on this but still didn't get it right. It's okay but I'm not 100% happy with my attempt.
This one was interesting to do but very frustrating as well. :D

I've added some more information on Tiffany's page for those who may be interested.
Attachments
Tiff_Scarlett.jpg
Tiff_Scarlett.jpg (501.17 KiB) Viewed 1937 times

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

djcdoll,

What a wonderful set of poses!! They are nearly SPOT ON!

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

MannyCan wrote:djcdoll,

What a wonderful set of poses!! They are nearly SPOT ON!
Many thanks MannyCan. :thumbs_up:
It's great to get some comments and feedback on our photos. :D

Masai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Masai »

There are only a few Actresses in Hollywood that I think are stunningly beautiful for my tastes like, (mostly when they were younger)....
Tatiana Ali, Meagan Tandy, Holly Robinison, Meagan Good, Lark Voorhies and Sanai Lathan. Lathan is gorgeous in my book. 8)

Here's Lorrie as Actress: Sanai Lathan
Attachments
1. Sanai Lathan.jpg
1. Sanai Lathan.jpg (80.87 KiB) Viewed 1834 times
2. Lorrie is the actress Sanai Lathan.jpg
2. Lorrie is the actress Sanai Lathan.jpg (60.75 KiB) Viewed 1834 times
"There is nothing so precious or delicious in the whole of the tender sex as a beautiful female derriere." Gilles Neret, a French Art Historian and Publisher.

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Excellent Masai, that's a really good one! :thumbs_up:
I think you've captured her really well. :D

Masai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Masai »

djcdoll wrote:Excellent Masai, that's a really good one! :thumbs_up:

Thank you very much djcdoll,

Those kudos mean a lot to me coming from you because your photos and composites have been fabulous and spot on like the other Member said. It took me a minute to get my imagery right because I was trying to get her to look at me and maintain Sanai's look :lol: :?
"There is nothing so precious or delicious in the whole of the tender sex as a beautiful female derriere." Gilles Neret, a French Art Historian and Publisher.

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Masai wrote:
djcdoll wrote:Excellent Masai, that's a really good one! :thumbs_up:

Thank you very much djcdoll,

Those kudos mean a lot to me coming from you because your photos and composites have been fabulous and spot on like the other Member said. It took me a minute to get my imagery right because I was trying to get her to look at me and maintain Sanai's look :lol: :?
Thanks very much for your very kind complement. :thumbs_up:
I think we both know that it's not easy doing these "Model Shots" copies.
It's great fun though and you learn a lot about photography and lighting too. :D

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Tiffany and I are playing around with more copies of Hollywood A-list actress photoshoots for this "Model Shots" thread.
This time we chose the beautiful actress Margot Robbie.
Tiffany doesn't look like Margot but we thought we'd have a go at copying a couple of her photos.

For the first photo Margot is wearing a tuxedo jacket. The photo is a crop of a larger image where she's wearing a black skirt as well.
We stuck with the cropped image as it was easier to copy.
Tiffany doesn't own a tuxedo so the jacket is actually my tuxedo jacket. It was way too big for her, so we used a lot of hidden clips to make it fit a bit better.

On the second image Margot is wearing a white dress and leaning against a wall in the corner of a white room.
We don't have a white room, so we pinned a large white sheet up in the corner of our bedroom. Tiffany leant against the sheet.
Not owning a white dress, Tiffany wore one that had quite a bit of white in it that looked similar in style to Margot's dress.

Again these were great fun to do. :D

I'll add a few more details on Tiffany's thread about how these were done.
Attachments
Tiff_Margot.jpg
Tiff_Margot.jpg (238.52 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
TIFF_Margot_Wall.jpg
TIFF_Margot_Wall.jpg (144.51 KiB) Viewed 1762 times

Masai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Masai »

Ok, I was trying to prepare for a "Post Your Honeys in White" thread but Lorrie kept bugging me to try and pull off another "Models Shots" photo session because she really enjoyed the work djcdoll is doing in his studio with his Girls so I buckled under pressure and took a detour:? :?

Next to Tatiana Ali and Sanai Lathan.....Meagan Tandy is strikingly beautiful to me and battling for the #1 spot, I can't make up my mind yet. :grab:

Here's Lorrie Luster as Actress Meagan Tandy
Attachments
1. Meagan Tandy.jpg
1. Meagan Tandy.jpg (439.25 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
2. Lorrie Luster as Meagan Tandy.JPG
2. Lorrie Luster as Meagan Tandy.JPG (74.28 KiB) Viewed 1745 times

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Very nice indeed Masai, another excellent one. :thumbs_up:
Doing these copies can be a bit addictive, glad it's not just me. :D

INFORMATIONS