betterlovedoll.com

The Dolls Alive! Christmas Present Exchange 2018

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Alexandra
Doll
Doll
Location: Living at EBF's place, with Julie and the Ishino twins

Re: The Dolls Alive! Christmas Present Exchange 2018

Post by Alexandra »

Lynne wrote:Phew, I'm glad the hat fits! I got carried away with it one night while M was busy elsewhere. It was good fun making it, and as you said you liked yellow, thought it'd be a good thing for when you're out running.
Yes, I thought the exact same thing!

Very happy you like your presents. I had a feeling you'd all have fun with the flavoured lip balms! :D
Haha, yes, Kim and Julie are having fun with that.

I was going to open the last present this afternoon, but as mentioned first EBF wanted to go cycling. Afterwards we were going to watch a bit of skating and crosscountry-skiing on TV, but we fell asleep :oops:

So that will be opened later. Maybe this evening, otherwise it will probably be next year.
How I ended up here.
I have a Doll Album. There is also a thread of me, where pictures and stories of me can be found. And not to forget the thread where pictures and stories of my roommates and me are posted.

Alexandra
Doll
Doll

Post by Alexandra »

And the last present to be opened. I changed into the stockings/pantyhose I got.

These look like running socks. Perfect!

They say something at the bottom.

I didn't get it at first. Then Julie explained putting the kettle on is british for making tea. So when after running I put my feet up, my roommates will know what to do!

Thanks Lynne for all the wonderful gifts! I hope you are just as happy with mine.

With Love,
Alexa
How I ended up here.
I have a Doll Album. There is also a thread of me, where pictures and stories of me can be found. And not to forget the thread where pictures and stories of my roommates and me are posted.

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

Great looking stockings Alexandra :D
A bit strange combo all together but you're pulling it off :wink:

And Lynne, wow. I didn't know you knitted :D
You look like a pro :mrgreen:

Those socks are clever, I should get some that say "if you can read this, then start rubbing my feet" :lol:
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Lynne
Doll
Doll

Post by Lynne »

Alexandra wrote:Thanks Lynne for all the wonderful gifts! I hope you are just as happy with mine.
I'm really pleased you like everything, and they fit well too. It was great fun looking for things for you.

Yes, I'm so happy with your presents too. We shall try and do a bit of a photoshoot when M gets home :) x
Lyngheiður Tórsdóttir - part Viking Warrior, part English rose.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere" - Carl Sagan

"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams" - Arthur O'Shaughnessy (and Willy Wonka!)

Have a look at my Doll Album! Also I'm now on Instagram!

Alexandra
Doll
Doll

Post by Alexandra »

Emma wrote:Great looking stockings Alexandra :D
A bit strange combo all together but you're pulling it off :wink:
Haha, yes. The cap is a bit strange with these stockings.
Lynne wrote: I'm really pleased you like everything, and they fit well too. It was great fun looking for things for you.

Yes, I'm so happy with your presents too. We shall try and do a bit of a photoshoot when M gets home :) x
Yes, the shopping was fun. Although I outsourced a fair bit of it to EBF :roll:
Looking forward to the photoshoot!

With Love,
Alexa
How I ended up here.

Cinnamon
Doll
Doll
Location: In CinnamonLover's new room, with command of the bed.

Post by Cinnamon »

Happy New Year, everyone!

We have at last had time to take some pictures of the gifts Brie sent us! Look at all the amazing things!

So first I must apologize because she sent me a really fun pair of pants. They were stretchy but I guess my thighs are fatter than CinnamonLover will tell me. I could not get them on, but we are saving them in case Cloves, who will be shorter than me, can wear them. So in these pictures I am wearing a pair of yoga pants I think Brie liked.

So first, or she may burst into flame, Brie and her man made Nutmeg a really amazing dress. It fits perfect! She felt so elegant and delighted she didn't stop preening the whole time! She is in the first two pictures with me, but we agreed that sometime later this week she will do more pictures of her own to show off better.

So this is the shirt I thought I was going to like the best. Realize Brie and I are "breast buddies", so I had a great laugh as CinnamonLover tried to button me up and kept fumbling because he liked how it looked so far undone. I thought we should take a picture.
Cinnamon_0733_ChristmasBriePurple.jpg
Cinnamon_0733_ChristmasBriePurple.jpg (171.34 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Please note a great idea Brie had - she bought a cute set of looped earrings. One is just right for Nutmeg to wear as a bracelet or choker, or anklet. The other I wear, so we can match! Nutmeg actually tried to see if there was magic power like they were secret communicators or thought-projectors or something. I do not know about that, but it is sweet to share something like that with her. Anyway, here I have buttoned up more appropriately while Nutmeg and I watch the chat room.
Cinnamon_0738_ChristmasBriePurple.jpg
Cinnamon_0738_ChristmasBriePurple.jpg (158.81 KiB) Viewed 941 times
I think I like the purple one also because it was Brie's herself! I like feeling connected to my friend that way. But I had to try on some more clothing! This blue one looked wonderful, so I tried it next, but I did not realize what this was at first. It was so comfortable and seemed perfect for lounging on the bed, but I may try it again later with a vest or shirt under. I realized after looking for it on Brie's list that it is actually an outer garment. I felt a little embarrassed, but CL said the picture still looked good so here it is.
Cinnamon_0741_ChristmasBrieBlue.jpg
Cinnamon_0741_ChristmasBrieBlue.jpg (163.54 KiB) Viewed 941 times
You may also notice that Brie bought me shoes! She said it was a difficult time, finding our size, and then she only found "Wonder Woman" shoes, but I think they are fun! I like Wonder Woman, honestly. She is a dark, tall warrior with long black hair! What is not to like? Though in her movie I liked the English Secretary the best. She was the highlight of every scene she was in. Here is a better picture of the shoes:
Cinnamon_0744_ChristmasBrieBlue.jpg
Cinnamon_0744_ChristmasBrieBlue.jpg (213.01 KiB) Viewed 941 times
THEN I tried on this dress! Wow was I impressed. I did not know what to make of it at first and thought it would be too short, but it fit very nicely! And was so soft! And I love the color. This is the only clothing with straps I have been able to wear without feeling like it would hurt my neck. What a treat! I am so glad Brie knows how hard it is to shop for our tops!
Cinnamon_0748_ChristmasBrieOP.jpg
Cinnamon_0748_ChristmasBrieOP.jpg (201.88 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Now I was in a serious quandary. I had already expected to like the purple shirt best, but the OP dress took over, and then things got complicated. Nutmeg told me I would like the leopard shirt best, and I did not believe her, but I put it on, along with my favorite earrings, and CinnamonLover about fell over. So I think I like this one best, though I have not even had the chance to try everything on!
Cinnamon_0752_ChristmasBrieLeopard.jpg
Cinnamon_0752_ChristmasBrieLeopard.jpg (209.1 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Oh. I am sorry CinnamonLover, did you fall over?
Cinnamon_0756_ChristmasBrieLeopard.jpg
Cinnamon_0756_ChristmasBrieLeopard.jpg (237.85 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Finally, Brie also sent me a special hair tie that matched the leopard top so well! She knows I love to put my hair into pony tails and braids, so I wanted to have it in with this top. I WAS going to wear my black Yoga pants again, but CL was too busy taking photos to put my tight pants back on. I think it worked anyway, and finally have a shot where my butt does not look too small!
Cinnamon_0776_ChristmasBrieLeopard.jpg
Cinnamon_0776_ChristmasBrieLeopard.jpg (210.1 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Thank you Brie! It was a wonderful Christmas.
Ta'ala Mova Shali - May you find water and shade.

CinnamonLover has created an Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls as hot as the desert sands after noon. We'd love to have you look it through!

Cinnamon
Doll
Doll

Post by Cinnamon »

As a following-up, there were several more pieces of clothing that I was unable to try today but also like. I hope to do more pictures of them! Our schedule is a bit full, so it may take some time, but there are even more treats in store! Also watch for more of Nutmeg and her dress.

CinnamonLover has created an Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls as hot as the desert sands after noon. We'd love to have you look it through!

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

nice presents cinnamon and nutmeg can't wait to see the rest.

carly snugglemore

Alexandra
Doll
Doll

Post by Alexandra »

You must have had a lot of fun trying these outfits! I think I like the dark blue top most. But the leopard top is also awesome.

With Love,
Alexa
How I ended up here.

Cinnamon
Doll
Doll

Post by Cinnamon »

carlys_guy wrote:nice presents cinnamon and nutmeg can't wait to see the rest.
Alexandra wrote:I think I like the dark blue top most. But the leopard top is also awesome.
Wait until you see! Brie found this beautiful blouse as awesome and colorful as a peacock. I cannot wait to take pictures in it. Also, a dark one almost like a sweater-vest but it is [grin] open down the sides.

I hope we have time to show them this weekend, though family seems to be so reluctant to actually leave! So we have had a tough time finding the right time to take more pictures.

Brie
Doll
Doll

Post by Brie »

Wow, so many favourites!

Actually, I'm surprised you haven't tried the open-sided sweater vest yet. I thought that one would be your favourite, if it fits well enough (maybe too loose.) CL should be sitting down for these photos.

That blue blouse looks much better on you than it ever did on me. I think your shoulders are more properly proportional to your chest. That shirt (as well as many others) sagged on my narrow shoulders.

Looks like Nutmeg's dress fits very well despite our total guesswork on sizing. Certainly appears to fit her chest and waist well enough, and cut low enough to be flattering without overly revealing. I'd like to see her wear it standing to know how it looks around her hips. It appears to be shorter than anticipated, too - it was meant to be about ankle length.

Cinnamon
Doll
Doll

Post by Cinnamon »

Brie wrote:Actually, I'm surprised you haven't tried the open-sided sweater vest yet.
I got a chance to mention this to Brie in chat (come ON people, join us in Chat!) but I am happy to say it here too. I have just about convinced Mr. "I am afraid to enter photo contests" to take a picture of me in the open-sided sweater for the bundle-up contest this month. So WHEN we take it [pokes CinnamonLover] that will be the sweater Brie got me! I will also try to enter the Candid category, and will wear another shirt Brie got me in that one.

It is difficult to pin Nutmeg down, but we do hope to get more pictures of her in her new dress (which she has not taken off once since she got it) soon. We were hoping for an ice storm or something, but it suddenly warmed up again down here, so we are pondering a good setting.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

why would anyone hope for an ice storm? up here in new england we hope for rain instead of ice or snow (except for the skiers they want snow). can't wait to see more pics of you and nutmeg in your new clothes.

carly snugglemore

Nutmeg
Doll
Doll
Location: CinnamonLover's Magic Flat in Florida, motorcycle bag, Jeep, and many other places.

Post by Nutmeg »

carlys_guy wrote:why would anyone hope for an ice storm?
Oh my GOODNESS and ice storm is so BEAUTIFUL! It so rarely freezes at all down here, and snow and ice are so rare and it is like the whole world got a glittery glaze of clearest pretty! And it's so GREAT for taking pictures!
Hey! This is so great! I like talking with everyo... ooo... that's shiny...

CinnamonLover has created an Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls so go check it out! Yay! Lots of MEEE - - wow that's shiny too...

Cinnamon
Doll
Doll

Post by Cinnamon »

Our merry troop took some more pictures today, partly because Cloves finally arrived! CL and I wanted to enter some of the photography contests this time, mostly because he needs to get over his uneasiness doing so. While we were taking the pictures, I wore two more of the clothings Brie got me for Christmas!

Category A "Candid Camera"
and
Category B "Bundle Up"

Here are some other shots that were taken at the same time. Thank you Brie!
Cloves_0009_Unboxing.jpg
Cloves_0009_Unboxing.jpg (209 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Cinnamon_0782_BundleUp.jpg
Cinnamon_0782_BundleUp.jpg (179.88 KiB) Viewed 843 times

INFORMATIONS