betterlovedoll.com

The Dolls Alive! Christmas Present Exchange 2018

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Lynne
Doll
Doll

The Dolls Alive! Christmas Present Exchange 2018

Post by Lynne »

For those who don't venture into the "Dolls Alive" section, this year Brie organised the "Second Annual April Annabelle Atleur Memorial Doll Gift Exchange".

To make posting logisitics easier, we split into a European group and an American group. Here in Europe, I was partnered with Alexa in the Netherlands. In America, the three dolls posted in a circle - Brie -> Cinnamon -> Tano -> Brie, as decided by a draw hosted by Alexa and her house friends.

Hopefully everyone will post pictures of the gift opening, and inspire some others to join next year, as it was good fun!

-------

Part 1

My parcel arrived quite early, as EBF went away for a few days and so posted it for Alexa before he left. We took the presents out of the big box and put them under the tree until the big day - which for our house is the 21st - the Winter Solstice, or Yule (though it didn't go exactly to plan, so we opened them over the intervening days too!)

Eventually it was time to open some presents. Given it was quite late in the day we decided to open three of them, then get some sleep and open the rest the next day.

"So many presents! Which one first?"

"I think this one, perhaps..."

"Ooh, some leggings, excellent! I do need something warm for winter."

"Let's have a look at one of the little ones..."

"Hairgrips - perfect timing, as I've just broken the last one!"

"The long, thin package looks quite curious. That'll be next to open..."

"They're fingerless lace gloves!" I was guessing by the look on M's face that he liked them too! ;)

M declared that he was quite tired as he'd just driven a long way, and suggested it was time for bed - the presents would still be there in the morning. Obviously, I protested as I wanted to open more!
Lyngheiður Tórsdóttir - part Viking Warrior, part English rose.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere" - Carl Sagan

"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams" - Arthur O'Shaughnessy (and Willy Wonka!)

Have a look at my Doll Album! Also I'm now on Instagram!

Lynne
Doll
Doll

Re: The Dolls Alive! Christmas Present Exchange 2018

Post by Lynne »

Part 2

While M was upstairs getting ready for bed and brushing his teeth, I decided to open present number 4 anyway... :D He came back downstairs and caught me in the act...

"What do you think, new underwear to try on!"

The next day came, and I was ready to open some more gifts. I decided to put on a pair of leggings that I opened up the night before, and found another of the little presents to open.

"Ah, hair ties - I can make use of them immediately!"

"What's next? Pass us that square box, M..."

"Cool, a pack of vests - maybe I won't need to keep stealing M's tops now! :D"

I managed to open one more before a late breakfast (well to be honest it should have been called lunch by that time!) - it was a lovely warm jumper, which I put straight on.

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere" - Carl Sagan

"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams" - Arthur O'Shaughnessy (and Willy Wonka!)

Lynne
Doll
Doll

Post by Lynne »

Part 3

After breakfast/brunch/lunch... food! We continued - next up was a pair of "magic gloves":
"I wonder why they're magic gloves? Perhaps they will be helpful in slaying mythical monsters?"
"I think it's because they stretch quite a lot, Lynne!"
"Ah, so it says. Still, they'll keep my hands warm while I'm slaying things..."

What's in this little one? It's rattling. Curiouser and curiouser...

"Hair pins! Thought they might have been spare parts for M - he rattles like that when he jumps up and down. Might just be a human manufacturing fault..."

Last (but no means least) present...

A pink long sleeve shirt - perfect fit as well! But of course we had better wash some of the clothes before wearing properly - don't want to risk getting stained. Got a nice collection of pinks and purples now, I'm very happy.

And that was everything! I wasn't expecting quite so many different things, so it was a delightful surprise when I opened the parcel. Thank you so much Alexa, I hope you enjoy yours too :) Also thanks to Brie for organising the event, and to the other ladies for joining in the fun.

Merry Christmas/Gleðileg jól to you all!

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

Nice unwrapping session and gifts Lynne :D
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Brie
Doll
Doll

Post by Brie »

Hi friends! Merry Christmas! Here we start with a customary cup of hot cocoa before opening presents.

I started with the little one from my Sweetie.

It's a lovely heart shaped pendant necklace and earrings with pearl inlays. Once I put them on, I tackled my gift exchange present.

This year, my gift was from Tano. (I sent a gift to Cinnamon as we three operated in a round-robin trio.)

It's a collection of scarves and a pink toque with ribbons. When I posed for this last photo, Sweetie declared me "Her Royal Highness, the Queen of Scarves" because five is a lot. I really like them though. Thank you, Tano! (And Krystal if she helped.)

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

great gifts girls they all look good.

carly snugglemore

Alexandra
Doll
Doll
Location: Living at EBF's place, with Julie and the Ishino twins

Post by Alexandra »

I love the pics. I'm glad you like it all Lynne, I hope it all fits.

I thought the pink jumper (the one you put on) was a minidress though :?
How I ended up here.
I have a Doll Album. There is also a thread of me, where pictures and stories of me can be found. And not to forget the thread where pictures and stories of my roommates and me are posted.

Alexandra
Doll
Doll

Post by Alexandra »

Lynne wrote:as decided by a draw hosted by Alexa and her house friends.
Pics of the draw can be found in this thread.
How I ended up here.
I have a Doll Album. There is also a thread of me, where pictures and stories of me can be found. And not to forget the thread where pictures and stories of my roommates and me are posted.

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

Looking good brie :D
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Lynne
Doll
Doll

Post by Lynne »

Alexandra wrote: I thought the pink jumper (the one you put on) was a minidress though :?
*checks length of minidress* Oh, I think you are indeed correct! Love it though so thank you! :)

I'm sure they're will be more pictures when M returns with his camera.

Tano
Doll
Doll

Post by Tano »

Brie wrote:

It's a collection of scarves and a pink toque with ribbons. When I posed for this last photo, Sweetie declared me "Her Royal Highness, the Queen of Scarves" because five is a lot. I really like them though. Thank you, Tano! (And Krystal if she helped.)
YES, all hail the Queen of Scarves! i am so glad you like them, that makes me very happy to hear. yeah, Krystal helped, we liked the christmas color one the best. enjoy them! fun fact we used a entire roll of dollar tree ribbon to roll the scarves up tight and keep them together for packing in the box so a full 9 feet of ribbon was used on the entire present.

Go kiss your jewelery farewell my dear
Go hide you blaggard there ́s no use to fight
Doubloons and pesos will all go I fear
Leave this place while the day is bright
They aim to pillage and the cross is here

- Pirate’s Lullaby
Pat Razket

Nutmeg
Doll
Doll
Location: CinnamonLover's Magic Flat in Florida, motorcycle bag, Jeep, and many other places.

Post by Nutmeg »

Yay! We settled a few technical points and have the ability to post our BRIE pictures! Well, not pictures OF her, but about her PRESENTS!

We settled it like this: I am going to do a set of us opening our presents, and tomorrow or so Cinnamon will do a set of us trying on some of the neat HAUL! I was the official present opener, see. So it makes sense for me to be in charge of these pictures. Cinnamon got more clothing than I did, so it makes sense for her to handle those pictures.

So you might have seen the presents as we took them out of the shipping box, still wrapped. There was a very frustrating note on top. That was in the thread for the first part of the gift exchange. The whole thread is excellent, but here is: Our Part

But that is so pre-Christmas. Here is the NEW stuff:

=I= was put in charge of the actual unwrapping. Here, you can see, is an effective way to remove all the colorful paper and cardboard shell:
Nutmeg_0802_OpenPresents.jpg
Nutmeg_0802_OpenPresents.jpg (438.71 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
Note Cinnamon had on some new earrings CinnamonLover had gotten her a while ago. She has discovered she loves earrings. Those were not Christmas presents, but she wore them anyway.

What else you can see, on top of Cinnamon's white box, are several presents for ME. Brie's "Sweetie" helped her make a dress in my size! It was most impressive to see someone would spend the time and effort to try to craft a present for me! I cannot wait to try it on, but that is tomorrow in Cinnamon's series. Brie -also- got me some neat necklaces shaped like earrings. In her note, which was a delightful explanation of the gifts, she suggested Cinnamon could wear one as an earring and I could wear one as a necklace, so we may try that during the fashion show. I think it's a great idea! Lastly, Brie got me a candy cane almost as big as me! It was all in a neat box with a beautiful fluffy white bow!
Nutmeg_0807_OpenPresents.jpg
Nutmeg_0807_OpenPresents.jpg (219.66 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
Then we opened Cinnamon's box and talk about treasure! Just look at all the clothing that popped out, and a bracelet! And a hair tie! Brie wrote a wonderfully long note telling something about every single bit. It was amazing! I had to go give Cinnamon a head-hug and pat because she started crying. So many amazing gifts! It floored her that someone would take so much time and care putting together a present for her. All we can say is whoever gets Brie next year is the luckierest of the whole gift exchange! Anyway, we will show how the outfits look tomorrow!
Nutmeg_0815_OpenPresents.jpg
Nutmeg_0815_OpenPresents.jpg (259.54 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
Hey! This is so great! I like talking with everyo... ooo... that's shiny...

CinnamonLover has created an Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls so go check it out! Yay! Lots of MEEE - - wow that's shiny too...

Alexandra
Doll
Doll

Post by Alexandra »

That's a wonderful set of gifts you got there, Cinnamon.

The package from Lynne also arrived at my place. We got some pictures, but they're a bit dark :oops:

Hm, the shape of it looks familiar.

I ripped of the paper and box and started reading the card that was in it.

Lynne explained that she re-used my box, but I needn't worry that she sent back my gifts.

Then I opened the box and there's a wonderful amount of packages in there, of different shapes and sizes.

I'm gonna open them over the weekend, because we want to take pics of it. This is going to be so much fun :multi:

Love,
Alexa
How I ended up here.

Alexandra
Doll
Doll

Post by Alexandra »

I was going to open the first one tomorrow, but I couldn't wait any longer so I decided to open one tonight. But which one? This one looks interesting, since it's fairly heavy and had softish and hardish parts.

I was wondering what it was, I had an idea but when opening I soon saw it wasn't what I thought it was. Then I thought it was maybe shirt with some print, but it turned out to be something else altogether.

:haha2: it was Dolly mix :lol: Candy. Cool, these sugary things are perfect to eat after running, to replenish you. Now I got to try to keep them out of EBF's hands.
How I ended up here.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

nice post nutmeg we can't wait for the fashion show.

nice pile of gifts alaxandra and the candy looks tasty can't wait to see the rest.

carly snugglemore and carlys_guy

INFORMATIONS