betterlovedoll.com

Brie in "Puff-Puff!?" (Halloween 2018 Special)

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Brie in "Puff-Puff!?" (Halloween 2018 Special)

Post by JunkGuy »

Playing the new Dragon Quest game that came out in September, I was reminded how cool the bunny girls are in the game and settled on that for my 2018 Halloween costume for Brie. Its a rather unique uniform, but not overly complicated and gave me a few ideas to work with to produce a full photoset. I had originally considered going with a Queen Elsa outfit, but liked this better. It also allowed me to satisfy CF's request of Brie bunny girl photos every Halloween, counting last year's Alice in Wonderland's chase of the white rabbit as fitting the theme. (Sorry if this is not quite what you had in mind, mate, but you weren't terribly specific.)

For those that aren't familiar with the Dragon Quest series, particularly games VIII and XI, bunny girls show up in towns throughout the later games. They always wear a low-cut, long sleeve top split in half between a black right side and a left side comprising pink, yellow, green, or blue, and a skirt of the same color combination but reversed. Bunny ears and bushy tail complete the outfit. A puff-puff is a special "technique" the bunny girls can perform on your heroes, in which the screen goes dark and a sexual act is presumed to be performed on them (usually involving their large breasts), though the games typically make it a tongue-in-cheek reference to something much more innocuous, like applying powdered makeup or tooting on a trumpet. In Dragon Quest VIII, all the build-up towards achieving entry into a secret puff-puff parlor ultimately results in being blindfolded and slimes being used in the place of the breasts, creating one of the most humorous parts of the game. (See video.)

The entire 38 picture set can be seen at my Doll Album gallery.

Our heroine sets out into the world, armed with only her wits and heart-shaped Fond Wand.

Image Image

"Slimes may be weak, but maybe I can charm it to be my battle partner."

Image Image

"Look what I found - A treasure chest!"

"Oh no! It's a mimic!"

Image Image

"Stronger measures are needed to take down zis monster."

Image Image

"Non effect? Better whip out my Hip Drop attack."

Image Image Image

"Zat didn't work either!? Ok, time for Sexy Beams!"

Image Image Image

"Zat always works."

"Oh! It dropped une petite médaille. I mean a Mini Medal. Still don't have enough for zat dangerous bustier though... Maybe I can get some from weary travelers in need of comfort."

Image Image

"Ah, bonjour, 'ansome. Welcome to Le Club Puff-Puff Deluxe. 'Ow about I cast a little Sizzle spell to, 'ow can I say, warm things up for us first?"

"Oh, you noticed ze slime earrings did you? 'Ow very perceptive."

"Oui. Now you just sit here, relax, and put on zis blindfold, and let me get to work on you. Tee-hee!"

"Puff-puff! Puff-puff!"

"Et voila! Oh my, did I accidently cast Zing on your ding-a-ling, too?" *giggles*

I hope Dragon Quest fans caught all the little references I dropped in there.

This was a handmade outfit using olive green/gold and shimmering black stretch polyester panne I found at Jo-Ann Fabrics, plus some blue faux leather earrings I found on Amazon and modified, a stock bunny tail, and bunny ears I've used a few times before. I wanted to buy the shirt and skirt (and panties) but I couldn't find anyone, anywhere who made two tone tops and skirts like I needed. I couldn't even find suitable solids to cut in half and stitch so I bought and learned how to use a sewing machine and just made it myself. As such, I spent more time preparing this photoset than I ever had before, but once I had the idea in late September I couldn't break away from it. My sewing effort isn't so great up close, but at camera distance it looks pretty good.

The slime doll was also found on Amazon. The mimic I made myself from a small wooden chest I had in household for holding a small fake decorative plant. The golden platter "shield" is another household item from my coffee table - it only occured to me a day or two before the shoot how much it looks like the armor from the game. The sword came from Party City and the wand from Wal-Mart (with some digital editing to make it glow.) Brie wore the same Melon Crush color lipstick I used earlier in the year for the Melon Farming shoot. As always, several of Doll Laboratory's teeth and tongue inserts were employed for expressions.

And yes, that's yours truly in the chair.

Image Image

As a personal request, I'd appreciate some honest critiques on these or other photos I've posted recently. Admins don't allow you to post criticisms publicly, but some PMs would ne nice. After some recent disappointments in the photo contests and comparitively fewer comments on the last few photosets and pictures posted than I was getting in 2016 and 2017, I worry my skills have stagnated (or even regressed) this year. I'd like to know what I'm still doing wrong so I can get better. Specific advice only please; generalized hints on how to make good photos aren't as helpful. Keep in mind I don't have the editing skills to plug in fancy backgrounds (nor the time to do it for several dozen photos every shoot.) Thanks and I hope you all enjoyed my 2018 Halloween set.

Rari
Doll
Doll

Re: Brie in "Puff-Puff!?" (Halloween 2018 Special)

Post by Rari »

WOW! Incredible photo shoot, Brie and JunkGuy. While we aren't too familiar with games, this is an impressive shoot. We are really impressed that you taught yourself to sew and created Brie's outfit! That's amazing. Sadako, Akiko and I need to get someone around here to learn to use the machine we have that her Mom got for her. Did you watch videos on YouTube or what did you do to learn? Any advice for beginners? I LOVE how you go into where and how you did your props too. That's always a big help for getting ideas.

Hugs,

Rari
"Understand me. I'm not like an ordinary world. I have my madness, I live in another dimension and I do not have time for things that have no soul." - Charles Bukowski

The Doll Laboratory
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by The Doll Laboratory »

Hello JunkGuy,
JunkGuy wrote:Thanks and I hope you all enjoyed my 2018 Halloween set.
Let me be one of the first to congratulate you (and Brie of course) for this new set of photos. I am a big fan of her Sexy Beams. I hope that she will use them more often! :whistle:

Sorry I’m not a gamer so I may have missed some subtleties but I nevertheless enjoyed watching and reading your new storyline.

The Doll Laboratory

P.S. it is not really a critisism but it should be « une petite médaille «  instead of « un petite médaille ». I had to find something since you asked for it. :wink:
The Doll Laboratory Stories - Erotic Comic featuring my Dolls
Teeth&Tongue set 4.0 - Add expressions to your Doll

subcom117
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by subcom117 »

I really enjoyed this photo set. Brie is darling, as always. 8)

When she is turned away, looking back over her shoulder, her skirt raised showing her cute bum… very, very nice!. :lol: I also noted the sitting poses, sideways in the chair and on the floor with her legs aside. I know that’s difficult to do with those long legs.

Learning to sew to create a custom costume is really going the extra mile and it looks great on camera. I can tell you pay a lot of attention to the turn and tilt of her head and the direction of her eyes. That, combined with the mouth inserts, makes Brie so expressive. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Thanks for sharing your Halloween bunny!

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Rari wrote:WOW! Incredible photo shoot, Brie and JunkGuy. While we aren't too familiar with games, this is an impressive shoot. We are really impressed that you taught yourself to sew and created Brie's outfit! That's amazing. Sadako, Akiko and I need to get someone around here to learn to use the machine we have that her Mom got for her. Did you watch videos on YouTube or what did you do to learn? Any advice for beginners? I LOVE how you go into where and how you did your props too. That's always a big help for getting ideas.
The sewing machine I bought came with an instructional DVD. Needed it too because I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong threading from the lower bobbin until I watched it on video. (There was a spring in the lower bobbin case that I wasn't threading through.)

I try to provide links for everything I use. I don't expect too many people to be running out to get a Slime plush doll or fabric to make their own outfit, but a lot of previous photoshoots I've used an outfit, jewelry, or prop from Amazon or other stores and think maybe someone else would want the same for their doll. I'm often seeing others post photos and wonder where they found a dress or trinket shown and I have to reply or PM them to find out. I just provide the link up front for anyone interested.

The Doll Laboratory wrote:Let me be one of the first to congratulate you (and Brie of course) for this new set of photos. I am a big fan of her Sexy Beams. I hope that she will use them more often! :whistle:

P.S. it is not really a critisism but it should be « une petite médaille « instead of « un petite médaille ». I had to find something since you asked for it. :wink:
Thanks for the French lesson, TDL. Brie doesn't speak French (nor I) but the bunny girl in the game (see the video) has what I can best describe as a "faux French" accent and I tried to copy it for the photoshoot story. I remembered un/une and petite from middle school French. I had to look up "medal" though and didn't occur to me that it would be feminine form. (Fixed original post.)

I try to include the "sexy beams" in every photoshoot. It's kind of obvious for the 165K anyway. When I don't, and go entirely non-nude, I think people miss it. (And by people, I mean CF. :P)

subcom117 wrote:When she is turned away, looking back over her shoulder, her skirt raised showing her cute bum… very, very nice!. :lol: I also noted the sitting poses, sideways in the chair and on the floor with her legs aside. I know that’s difficult to do with those long legs.

Learning to sew to create a custom costume is really going the extra mile and it looks great on camera. I can tell you pay a lot of attention to the turn and tilt of her head and the direction of her eyes. That, combined with the mouth inserts, makes Brie so expressive. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
I've been trying to give a butt shot each photoshoot, as well. A lot of people say the WM 165K is only a big breast doll, but I think its got a really nice ass, too. (I believe what someone had said was it was only good for its huge breasts, and I'm trying to prove them wrong.)

I think the looking back over her shoulder is just a really seductive look and try to mix it in with the rear angle shots.

Actually I don't find the legs all that hard to pose to side. The trick is to fix her thighs, knees, and calves so they don't look like they're sideways. My old WM 165K couldn't do this as well, but the new one can because its calves are very loose - the TPE is only seems attached at knees and ankles. I don't know why its that way, but it helps sell this pose. The thigh-to-knee area is still tricky though and didn't turn out quite as well as the knee-to-calf transition. Hands are still the hardest thing to pose, especially when trying to grip something like the wand or sword. (Some hidden tape adhering the sword to chest helped, though I captured one frame where the tape gave away and the sword was falling down, and that became the 'en garde' photo.)

A lot of the credit for the expressions for to TDL. He provided the mouth inserts (one of his original 1.0 versions) and suggested replacing the synthetic junk behind the eyes with cotton balls to help move the eyes around easier. Both of these contributions are owed to him and his Svetlana who pioneered these innovations. Mandos was my hand tutor, but TDL gave me the eyes and mouth. The cocks of the head are something of my own invention however. The right head angle and eye positions often combine for something special.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

nice pictures brie and junk guy. the video was interesting as well.

carlys_guy

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Great pictures Junk Guy and Brie.
I watched the video and some of the pictures make more sense to me after that.
You went through an incredible amount on work on this to match the video game,

However, what I like most about your pictures are the little things.
You did great work with Brie's expression and eyes.
Thoughtful -------> Startled -------> Playful -------> Alluring ------->

Also getting into the action using the mask from the video is priceless.

It must be very frustrating playing the game so long only to have puff puff performed by slimes.
I hope Brie was able to relieve that frustration.

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

Love the photos (and the hands, lol) :)

Also I always enjoy seeing a person with a doll, it really changes how the doll look as you have a real life reference. Kudos for posing! :thumbs_up:

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

In the immortal words of The Wicked Witch of the West, "I'm melting!"

Brie looks incredible! So much personality is conveyed in her posture and face. She comes alive in every shot.

The costuming must have taken a long time, but it looks spectacular. Thanks for a true Halloween treat!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

Awesome! Great stuff as usual with your Brie.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

scooter_ca wrote:I watched the video and some of the pictures make more sense to me after that.

Also getting into the action using the mask from the video is priceless.

It must be very frustrating playing the game so long only to have puff puff performed by slimes.
I hope Brie was able to relieve that frustration.
Thanks. I think the video is almost a must if you haven't played the game - it explains what I'm doing with the last several photos. I never anticipated showing up in one of Brie's photos but when I replayed that video and recalled the hero being blindfolded, I thought it was a good enough trick to finally include me, without entirely showing off my mug. Being seated helped too, because I am not at all a thin guy and quite a bit taller than Brie (6'1", about 260lbs). If I had to stand I worry that she'd have looked like a child and possibly broken forum rules. (Probably not in face or physique, but in direct proportion to me, perhaps.)

Its not all that frustrating in the game. Its more of an ongoing side quest that develops over several chapters of the game and isn't part of the main story. Very funny the first time I'd played it (2004) and got to that point. Wasn't at all disappointed in the payoff. Though the real thing with Brie is obviously much better than watching it in game. (I probably get the same goofy expression on my face as the guy in the game.)

mandos wrote:Love the photos (and the hands, lol) :)
Thanks as always for inspiration and a few chats on how to make realistic hands. Brie's hands really got better in photoshoots after our chats.
Also, I borrowed another idea you gave m inspiration for in my photo contest entry for November. I recall you used baby oil to create sweat drops for your workout photos and I remember wondering if it could be used for tears as well. Finally found a way to work that into a photo today, though ultimately went with water rather than baby oil since it ran down her cheeks more realistically in my pre-photography tests. Still, might not have thought of it were it not for your workout photoset.

CF wrote:Thanks for a true Halloween treat!
I'm really going to have to think hard about how to make Brie into yet another new bunny girl for you next year.

Thanks CG and Gundam, too, even if I don't have any direct response to your comments.

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

Very nice!!! Yes, I am very familiar with the Dragon Quest games. (Hence my avitar) Can't wait to get the new game from Steam!

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

jms033 wrote:Very nice!!! Yes, I am very familiar with the Dragon Quest games. (Hence my avitar) Can't wait to get the new game from Steam!
Yes I remember seeing your avatar somewhere. I figured you'd be one of the few to get all the references, including the unusual ones like Fond Wand, Golden Platter, and the mountain of mini medals needed for a dangerous bustier.

I regret not making the sexy beam attack right (holding hands together, with thumbs and forefingers pointed out like a gun.) Played the 3DS version last year but forgot Jessica's moves when she does the attacks. The Heroes version of her costume is even hotter. She probably does the same motions for attacks there but I don't recall it as well (realtime battles so a lot more going on at once to pay attention to such things.)

I'm still working through XI. Had to suspend my gaming though most of October while doing unanticipated job searching during the days and costume work in evenings. So far VIII is still much better (as was IV, my second favorite of the series)

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

8O Junk Guy and Brie, certainly did celebrate All hallows well me thinks!

Anung :lol:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

JunkGuy wrote:
jms033 wrote:Very nice!!! Yes, I am very familiar with the Dragon Quest games. (Hence my avitar) Can't wait to get the new game from Steam!
Yes I remember seeing your avatar somewhere. I figured you'd be one of the few to get all the references, including the unusual ones like Fond Wand, Golden Platter, and the mountain of mini medals needed for a dangerous bustier.

I regret not making the sexy beam attack right (holding hands together, with thumbs and forefingers pointed out like a gun.) Played the 3DS version last year but forgot Jessica's moves when she does the attacks. The Heroes version of her costume is even hotter. She probably does the same motions for attacks there but I don't recall it as well (realtime battles so a lot more going on at once to pay attention to such things.)

I'm still working through XI. Had to suspend my gaming though most of October while doing unanticipated job searching during the days and costume work in evenings. So far VIII is still much better (as was IV, my second favorite of the series)

I was actually surprised to see that some one else played the Dragon Quest games. 8 was my favorite game, and still have it. I may dust off my old play station, and get back into it. I finished the game, but nothing like starting over, as I forgot some or most of that game. I remembered how I laughed when I found the "puff puff" scene, of how I thought about them bringing porn or close to it in the game, until they revealed the puff puff. Loved the game tho! Lots of good entertainment!

INFORMATIONS