betterlovedoll.com

The WM #85 Face Appreciation Thread

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

The WM #85 Face Appreciation Thread

Post by Muninn »

I've noticed in the last couple of months that the WM #85 face/head has become quite a popular choice. It really impresses me though, that even though there any many of us who have #85 dolls, all of them are different! Be it different make up, hair colour/style, or even the way the doll is dressed - the slightest thing seems to change the whole personality of the doll.

So I was going to start a thread where I showed Lynne with different wigs and hairstyles, but I thought it'd be good to open it up to all you lucky #85 owners! All shapes, sizes and styles of doll are very welcome so long as they have that wonderful face :)

I'll start off with Lynne as a brunette - she's normally a blonde, but given her blonde wig needs a LOT of attention/ a replacement, I decided to mix things up a bit. She doesn't do heavy make up, just a bit of lip pencil and a little eye shadow.
I had just finished brushing her hair, which is why the hair brush was there. Decided on pig tails so that her hair didn't get too messy in bed later on. Long hair is very high maintenance!
I had just finished brushing her hair, which is why the hair brush was there. Decided on pig tails so that her hair didn't get too messy in bed later on. Long hair is very high maintenance!
IMG_0723.JPG (3.08 MiB) Viewed 4402 times
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: The WM #85 Face Appreciation Thread

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hey, what a great idea for a thread! Well let me get in quick with my lovely 85, here's Keiko, she has a WM145 body and did a photoshoot for me in the garden just a few days ago so this is from that set...
Attachments
Keiko
Keiko
2018-05-09_11-44-02.jpg (574.97 KiB) Viewed 4392 times

Mr_Fix_it
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Over the Horizon turn left and about half way up the hill

Post by Mr_Fix_it »

And here's Seneca. She loves an opportunity to show her stuff. :wink:

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Two lovely ladies!

Arthur - I have a wig that is similar to Keiko's - yet Lynne looks different again!
Mr-Fix-It - Amazing eyes, really works with the redhead look (and liking the rest of her "stuff" on show too ;) )
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!

JSNewbie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JSNewbie »

A great idea although I’m going to admit a certain bias. I will get some more shots of Roni done this weekend with a few new outfits.
What you said is spot on. She seems different with every style change its fun exploring.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Yes, I may well be biased too... when I was looking for a doll, I had a shortlist of several from photos on various vendor sites. I eventually clicked that several of them were the 85! I think the closest runner up was the 56, but my choice was a no-brainer. I just had to find the perfect body to put it on :)

Here's a old photo of Lynne that I really like, not long after she arrived. She's still in bed, so minimal make up. i love the way that she looks like she's deep in thought, absorbing whatever book she's reading (probably astrophysics!).
Attachments
IMAG3101s.jpg
IMAG3101s.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 4265 times
(They/Them)

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

My #85 head may be my favorite.
I will have to take a couple of good portraits just for this thread. But for now I will add this photo of Maddie.
Bikini 17.jpg
Bikini 17.jpg (53.58 KiB) Viewed 4254 times
Metricnut
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F
" She can't talk, but she has a way of talking me into it..."

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Here's another pic of Keiko as a blonde which which was quite a change from her usual black hair...
Attachments
Keiko
Keiko
2018-03-24_11-58-06.jpg (443.65 KiB) Viewed 4243 times

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

Inspired by Keiko's blonde wig photo, Maddie wanted to do two photos that were the same with the exception of her wig.

I like her better in her blonde wig, but the black hair does have a high contrast off of her pale white skin giving her a bit of a goth look. I like her with the black hair too.

Both wigs are the same brand name and style, they are just different colors. The comparison isn't 100% fair because her eyebrows are light brown to go better with her main blonde wig. The black hair may look a little better if her eyebrows were dark brown..
M 38.JPG
M 38.JPG (1.61 MiB) Viewed 4154 times
M 39.JPG
M 39.JPG (1.58 MiB) Viewed 4154 times
Metricnut
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F
" She can't talk, but she has a way of talking me into it..."

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Maddie looks gorgeous with both colour wigs and I love her lingerie, she is a honey!

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Just catching up after being busy for a couple of days... good to see the thread is still alive!

Maddie certainly looks good with both blonde and black hair - I've had the same issue with the eyebrows, so have kept them intentionally quite faint and a neutral light brown. That way they suit all styles - and most of her wigs kind of hide them a bit anyway. The changing hair colour has also made me hold off adding some pubic hair to Lynne - usually she is blonde, so her pubes would be quite light... but it wouldn't necessarily look right if she had red or black hair!

Keiko looks very different as a blonde, impressive! You wouldn't actually think she is the same doll!

I'll have some new photos to post soon, I'm working on a couple of ideas, here's a mostly unedited preview of one of them, with Lynne in the redhead bob:
IMG_0706e.jpg
IMG_0706e.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 4092 times
(They/Them)

Mr_Fix_it
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mr_Fix_it »

Another of Seneca
Attachments
Seneca933c.jpg
Seneca933c.jpg (191.58 KiB) Viewed 4069 times

uknwnsldr6180
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by uknwnsldr6180 »

I have seen many dolls on and off over the years and this one is been the best so far even between silicon and tpe. And has a lot of versatility from popular young cheeleader to a samurai's lady wife and every thing in between i've looked a lot of dolls over the past few weeks looking for a first doll or if i truly want one and this one has stuck with most. All her varied configurations sizes etc. have been stunning. it's always the popular girls right? any way the reason i came here was to see thi dolin real life and to ask others why that got their dolls to see if it was a passing infatuation or true admiration.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Hi uknwnsldr6180, got to agree that the 85 takes some beating. I do hope you find the right doll for you in the end, should you decide to have one.

Mr_Fix_it: Beautiful picture... what skin tone is Seneca?

I found a good portrait photo in amongst some of the shots I did for the Fishnet thread the other week, the original photo didn't pass muster for some reason... perhaps I decided she had gone a little "boz eyed" - but on second thoughts, she doesn't look too bad at all.
fishnet15.jpg
fishnet15.jpg (2.57 MiB) Viewed 3796 times
(They/Them)

Mr_Fix_it
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mr_Fix_it »

Muninn wrote:Mr_Fix_it: Beautiful picture... what skin tone is Seneca?
Thanks Muninn, Both Seneca and Honey are WM and Jinsan tan! :glou:

INFORMATIONS