betterlovedoll.com

Beautiful Chloe - You won't believe this.

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Beautiful Chloe - You won't believe this.

Post by LoversJD »

I got out the green screen and diffused light (only one though - my flat is tiny).
Swimming1.png
Swimming1.png (10.16 MiB) Viewed 1323 times
Chloe is looking good - ready to get really wet! 8O
Wet1.png
Wet1.png (10.15 MiB) Viewed 1323 times
Chloe is super wet! Lovely.

What do you guys think? First time doing something like this with some proper equipment.
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

I have tried something different with this one!
Swimming2.png
Swimming2.png (13.58 MiB) Viewed 1313 times
Chloe heard some thunder, covered here boobies and looked around startled!
Wet2.png
Wet2.png (14.59 MiB) Viewed 1313 times
Well a storm has ruined the day! Time to go home 8O
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

Hi LoversJD

I have a D3300, it is like the the small brother of your camera.
There are a lot of great photographers with professional skills here on TDF, I am not, but I like to add my two cents:

The key is to enjoy the process, first try in auto mode without flash.
and try to experiment with your source of light (close a little your window shade, see the difference of the natural light and the time of the day, play wit a lamp, a mix of two light perhaps)

your result will be cool and headhache free because the camera will resolve.

know your camera, be patient and wait for the camera to focus.

then you could experiment with the automatic modes mixing with light variants.

here on TDF they are a lot of amazing pictures, take your time to browse pictures of dolls and pictures of models on other sites, because you have to excercise your eye for perspective, this can be crucial for a good or so-so picture, so learn to avoid taking all your shoots from eye level. IMHO perspective is like 70% of picture success. (i see you already experiment with that, great!)

https://digital-photography-school.com/ ... move-feet/

in the meantime, you could learn the basic of DSRL, because it could be a shame to use this great camera always on automatic mode.

at this time I know a little of manual settings theory, but the key is to experiment and have fun.

your doll look great with better resolution photos.

regards.

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

mexdl wrote:Hi LoversJD

I have a D3300, it is like the the small brother of your camera.
There are a lot of great photographers with professional skills here on TDF, I am not, but I like to add my two cents:

The key is to enjoy the process, first try in auto mode without flash.
and try to experiment with your source of light (close a little your window shade, see the difference of the natural light and the time of the day, play wit a lamp, a mix of two light perhaps)

your result will be cool and headhache free because the camera will resolve.

know your camera, be patient and wait for the camera to focus.

then you could experiment with the automatic modes mixing with light variants.

here on TDF they are a lot of amazing pictures, take your time to browse pictures of dolls and pictures of models on other sites, because you have to excercise your eye for perspective, this can be crucial for a good or so-so picture, so learn to avoid taking all your shoots from eye level. IMHO perspective is like 70% of picture success. (i see you already experiment with that, great!)

in the meantime, you could learn the basic of DSRL, because it could be a shame to use this great camera always on automatic mode.

at this time I know a little of manual settings theory, but the key is to experiment and have fun.

your doll look great with better resolution photos.

regards.
Hello Mexdl,

As from today I have a green screen and some proper lighting. I love looking through peoples pictures!

Thank you for your advice and I hope you enjoy the pictures :)

J

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

wordengine

Post by wordengine »

Freaking blown away. Your doll is absolutely beautiful! Great shots!

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

wordengine wrote:Freaking blown away. Your doll is absolutely beautiful! Great shots!
Wow - thank you Wordengine 8O . Welcome aboard and I'm happy you like my photos!

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

And here are the last wet images for Chloe (For today anyway).
Swimming3.png
Swimming3.png (5.57 MiB) Viewed 1288 times
Nice and dry - and then!
Wet3.png
Wet3.png (7.88 MiB) Viewed 1288 times
Lovely and wet!

Tell me what you guys think :razz:

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

mexdl wrote:

regards.
I looked at the website you linked today. Very good stuff! Thank you.

This will make things more interesting indeed :)

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

alc123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by alc123 »

havefun wrote:LoversJD That's a good camera to start with. I have a D3300 and love it. Buy a 35mm prime lens for it. practice using the manual setting and play with your shutter and aperture settings.
The 35mm DX prime lens is a good lens, but I wouldn't necessarily buy it for doll photography. It has a maximum aperture of f/1.8, whereas the kit lens has a maximum aperture of about f/4.2 when the focal length is set to 35mm. The f/1.8 permits a faster shutter speed, which is helpful if the subject moves, but isn't required for a doll, who is happy to remain perfectly still during a shot.

The other advantage of the f/1.8, which does apply to dolls as well as people, is that it can produce a shallower depth of field. This means that you can have the doll in focus and the background out of focus, which can be a nice effect.

A lot of photographers think that, for portraits, a focal length longer than 35mm gives a better result. Here is something you can try. Set your zoom to 35mm and take a photograph. Then set your zoom to 55mm, move farther away from the doll so that the doll still appears the same size, and take another photograph. The doll will occupy the same portion of the image in both shots, but will look a bit different because using different focal lengths changes the perspective. Compare the photographs and see which perspective you like better. Then repeat with a few different doll poses. The point is that you don't want to buy a prime lens until you've figured out which focal lengths you like.

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

alc123 wrote:
havefun wrote:LoversJD That's a good camera to start with. I have a D3300 and love it. Buy a 35mm prime lens for it. practice using the manual setting and play with your shutter and aperture settings.
The 35mm DX prime lens is a good lens, but I wouldn't necessarily buy it for doll photography. It has a maximum aperture of f/1.8, whereas the kit lens has a maximum aperture of about f/4.2 when the focal length is set to 35mm. The f/1.8 permits a faster shutter speed, which is helpful if the subject moves, but isn't required for a doll, who is happy to remain perfectly still during a shot.

The other advantage of the f/1.8, which does apply to dolls as well as people, is that it can produce a shallower depth of field. This means that you can have the doll in focus and the background out of focus, which can be a nice effect.

A lot of photographers think that, for portraits, a focal length longer than 35mm gives a better result. Here is something you can try. Set your zoom to 35mm and take a photograph. Then set your zoom to 55mm, move farther away from the doll so that the doll still appears the same size, and take another photograph. The doll will occupy the same portion of the image in both shots, but will look a bit different because using different focal lengths changes the perspective. Compare the photographs and see which perspective you like better. Then repeat with a few different doll poses. The point is that you don't want to buy a prime lens until you've figured out which focal lengths you like.
Yea I completely understand what your saying. I'm new to this and don't like some of the photographs I uploaded. I'm learning about the theory though, so I will stick with what I have and try the automatic modes for now. Photoshop will help to sharpen, blur or enhance the images anyway, as I'm currently learning about Photoshop more.

This is a hobby for me to focus on while I finish university and if I really dig in and remain interested I will invest in different lenses.I need to first learn the theory and how to personally add my own perspective to my photos.

Thanks for your great advice alc123.

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Ez_Rider
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ez_Rider »

Hmmmm.... I didnt think Dolls that small could still look so adorable and yet not so guilty looking feeling. It's amazing how the mini ones cost as much as some of the bigger size dolls... Even more expensive.. I can't find one for $100....

bentone wrote:Great doll. The pictures are coming along. I tried some photography myself but your right the lighting in the tricky part. I have a great Cannon camera but may need to invest in some diffused lighting equipment. Luckily Amazon has some great deals on that sort of stuff.

Keep up the work, would love to see more.
Is that your Doll on your AVATAR.. 8O

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

[quote="Ez_Rider"]Hmmmm.... I didnt think Dolls that small could still look so adorable and yet not so guilty looking feeling. It's amazing how the mini ones cost as much as some of the bigger size dolls... Even more expensive.. I can't find one for $100....

Guilty looking feeling? Chloe is extremely cute - like a toy dog when compared to the larger breeds.

Look at the JM dolls. I think you will find that the 65-80 dolls are very cheap. ~£200 with clothing. JM dolls are made from a special soft blend of silicone. I have seen mini mini TPE dolls at $500 and I will admit that this made me laugh.

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

I found out today that Chloe is a fairy! That is why she is so small 8O

I wonder if she knows Tinkerbell - she is really hot :whistle:

Chloe_fairy1.png
Chloe_fairy1.png (14.29 MiB) Viewed 1210 times
What do you think? Too much?

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

pastydude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pastydude »

That's a neat picture!
With the smaller mini dolls, one thing I like is the ability to take pictures outdoors without drawing much attention from other people.

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

The jm mini dolls are five hundred to six hundred in US Dollars. What is the exchange rate at right now?

INFORMATIONS