sexyrealsexdolls.com

Merkins

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Merkins

Post by Mr Franz »

pelegrino wrote:Will this work on a plush doll? meiki or Teddy babe I wonder...
The ones they sell have a mesh backing, so I'd imagine it could just be sewn on a plushy. Either that or fabric glue.

I decided to make my own version for my TPE gal using Mohair and ordinary white glue.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=99785
Pubes.JPG
Pubes.JPG (31.46 KiB) Viewed 1529 times

pelegrino
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by pelegrino »

Mr Franz wrote:
pelegrino wrote:Will this work on a plush doll? meiki or Teddy babe I wonder...
The ones they sell have a mesh backing, so I'd imagine it could just be sewn on a plushy. Either that or fabric glue.

I decided to make my own version for my TPE gal using Mohair and ordinary white glue.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=99785
Pubes.JPG
Thanks for your input and diy tip Mr Franz ...I might just try and make my own
Cheers

phil3stine
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by phil3stine »

I just wanted to pay it forward since I got the idea from this thread. I went the route of outsourcing to a professional for my doll's merkin, and per this thread, Wolek's Famous Moustache Parlour did not disappoint. Ron was very responsive and informed me that the default backing they used was silicon, but he would easily be able to fashion me a tpe-friendly merkin at no additional cost. The shipment came in as promised, and when I held it in my hand, I could tell it was quality. Kudos to those guys from a satisfied customer.
I am a cad and a barbarian.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Wheezer has done the 3M 94 Primer paste with a mesh backed merkin :)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

seagull wrote:Wheezer has done the 3M 94 Primer paste with a mesh backed merkin :)
If you want a good flexible bond of the Merkin to the TPE, then use a thin paste made with TPE and 3M 94 primer.

The paste gets into the Swiss lace of the merkin wig and then bonds it to the substrate TPE of the doll. Apply some paste to the perimeter to hide and blend the wig edges if desired. You can also put a few random hairs into the uncured perimeter paste to make the edge line more natural if you want. Powder the paste when cured and all done. Your merkin is attached to the TPE doll with a soft, flexible bond. If you want to remove it, then a gentle application of pure 3M 94 primer applied to the merkin will soften the underlying paste and you can take it off.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS