Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Delivery to 2nd floor Apt?!

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Silicone Enthusiast
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Delivery to 2nd floor Apt?!

Post by Silicone Enthusiast »

A year ago I bought a TPE Chinese made doll, I think I spent $1300 just to see if it was for me. Shipped in a cardboard box, received from DHL to my door, 2nd floor no questions asked. Painless from overseas, cleared customs no problem, arrived in under 10 days.

A year later I’m ready to make the leap to high end.

Thing is I live on a 2nd floor apartment building. On the Abyss site they state that they only deliver curbside “but” as per the site “if you require special handling (if you live in an apartment not on ground floor, for example) please contact us for a quote, as additional fees may apply.

Now I don’t care about the extra handling costs/shipping. Few hundred bucks, worth it!

What I am asking is those that have gone through this, 2nd floor delivery to the door. How was your experience?

Brick

Re: Delivery to 2nd floor Apt?!

Post by Brick »

I have bought over 15 dolls from Abyss over 10yrs and Had about 10 delivered in a crate that put the total weight at #220. Delivered to a 2nd floor apt, never a problem. The extra charge is for the 3rd guy to show up and believe me you need a 3rd guy. Money well spent :lol:
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Silicone Enthusiast
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Silicone Enthusiast »

Thank you for the response.

I was worried about this, that they would just drop the crate and go. I've seen these crates posted online, not a small package.

mala78
Ex-Member

Post by mala78 »

Instead of paying a 3d guy for 1 box buy something that will have forever to help you with heavy stuff.
Attachments
34-45.jpg
34-45.jpg (78.71 KiB) Viewed 3808 times

Brick

Post by Brick »

mala78 wrote:Instead of paying a 3d guy for 1 box buy something that will have forever to help you with heavy stuff.
The crates to wide, I watched 2 guys almost loose the crate down the stairs trying to make the turn on to the landing. Then they had bring it back down and get the hand truck out from under it. Then they called for the third guy..... :lol:

mala78
Ex-Member

Post by mala78 »

Zebo wrote:
mala78 wrote:Instead of paying a 3d guy for 1 box buy something that will have forever to help you with heavy stuff.
The crates to wide, I watched 2 guys almost loose the crate down the stairs trying to make the turn on to the landing. Then they had bring it back down and get the hand truck out from under it. Then they called for the third guy..... :lol:
I suppose that those 2 were amateurs.

My doll was delivered by 1 man using a hand truck.When i ve asked him if he needs help he answered negatively.

A doll parcel weights around 40 kilos not 2 tones.

Brick

Post by Brick »

mala78 wrote:
Zebo wrote:
I suppose that those 2 were amateurs.

My doll was delivered by 1 man using a hand truck.When i ve asked him if he needs help he answered negatively.

A doll parcel weights around 40 kilos not 2 tones.
A Realdoll in a crate weighs 220lbs, give or take 10lbs. We are not talking about a TPE doll, a Body D Realdoll weighs in at 105 lbs and Realdoll ships in a crate that weighe 120 lbs....

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

Just for reference 220 lbs is approximately 100 kilos.
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

Doll View
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Doll View »

Make sure you double check on crate measurements beforehand; I know for a fact that there are some NYC or Chicago stairways that would not be reasonable to hoist a big box through.
Check out Doll View, a sex doll site for beginners. Actively looking for feedback and contributors! Please PM~

MerrK

Post by MerrK »

I'm not going to take the chance, the stairs at my complex are steep. The pitch is too great to take a chance. I've got a hand truck, no problem there. I'm just asking about your experience with 2nd floor delivery. I know it's a crate, not a one man job.

MerrK

Post by MerrK »

Doll View wrote:Make sure you double check on crate measurements beforehand.
Can you link or post the width? If a full size washing machine (USA) will fit, so will the crate.

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

This thread will help you
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91392

And this is another funny thread I love about this topic

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68489

Brick

Post by Brick »

MerrK wrote:I'm not going to take the chance, the stairs at my complex are steep. The pitch is too great to take a chance. I've got a hand truck, no problem there. I'm just asking about your experience with 2nd floor delivery. I know it's a crate, not a one man job.
Dude, even with a hand truck, its a struggle with 2 guys. I hope whomever tackles this crate has excellent medical, because one slip and its going to be ugly :cry:

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

MerrK wrote:
Doll View wrote:Make sure you double check on crate measurements beforehand.
Can you link or post the width? If a full size washing machine (USA) will fit, so will the crate.
Here are 3 photos showing the dimensions of the crates, height, width and depth. I shot these photos of my own crates to post and help others out when these questions are asked.

The height of the shorter crate which is 70 inches with the bottom skids attached. The taller crate is 74 inches and one or the other is used depending on which doll you ordered. I have another crate laying flat on top of this crate for storage so that is what you see above the 70 inch mark.
P1010885.JPG
P1010885.JPG (240.67 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
The width of the crate on the front door and both crates are exactly the same width and it is 32 inches strong wide.
P1010887.JPG
P1010887.JPG (258.81 KiB) Viewed 3621 times
The depth of the crate which is the same for both crates and it is 21 1/2 inches with the skids attached.
P1010883.JPG
P1010883.JPG (296.28 KiB) Viewed 3621 times

Scaper
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Scaper »

Zebo wrote:
MerrK wrote:I'm not going to take the chance, the stairs at my complex are steep. The pitch is too great to take a chance. I've got a hand truck, no problem there. I'm just asking about your experience with 2nd floor delivery. I know it's a crate, not a one man job.
Dude, even with a hand truck, its a struggle with 2 guys. I hope whomever tackles this crate has excellent medical, because one slip and its going to be ugly :cry:
It really depends on how WIDE the stairway is, especially at the landings; turning the crate while it is tilted takes a lot of room on the landings. I have used a hand truck to move my crated dolls (Body D) up/down two flights of stairs (four landings) numerous times alone, but the stairs were 42 inches wide. On a narrower stairway, I found it is better to rotate/spin/slide the crate/cart around on the landings while it is vertical than to turn it tilted on the wheels. Tip: Rachet strap the crate to the hand truck top and bottom so it cannot move/slide. Then put a third strap over your shoulder and attach it to the top of the hand cart so you are lifting with your legs/back as you move up each step. Trying to pull the crate up each step with your arms will wear anyone out before you get to the top and then you are stuck. Two stories is definitely a workout when done alone but with someone below the crate/two people, it should be very easy. Delivery companies often require their personnel to be able to lift 50# repeatedly and 100# occasionally, pretty standard.

The dolls/crates are more large and awkward than heavy; the weight is centered near the top/back. Take your time!

INFORMATIONS