Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Delivery to 2nd floor Apt?!

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Silicone Enthusiast
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Delivery to 2nd floor Apt?!

Post by Silicone Enthusiast »

@dodgeman

:angel: You rock bro!

Major heads up, Thanks for your reply. Will give me an idea what is to be expected.

Brick

Post by Brick »

Scaper wrote:
Zebo wrote:
MerrK wrote:I'm not going to take the chance, the stairs at my complex are steep. The pitch is too great to take a chance. I've got a hand truck, no problem there. I'm just asking about your experience with 2nd floor delivery. I know it's a crate, not a one man job.
Dude, even with a hand truck, its a struggle with 2 guys. I hope whomever tackles this crate has excellent medical, because one slip and its going to be ugly :cry:
It really depends on how WIDE the stairway is, especially at the landings; turning the crate while it is tilted takes a lot of room on the landings. I have used a hand truck to move my crated dolls (Body D) up/down two flights of stairs (four landings) numerous times alone, but the stairs were 42 inches wide. On a narrower stairway, I found it is better to rotate/spin/slide the crate/cart around on the landings while it is vertical than to turn it tilted on the wheels. Tip: Rachet strap the crate to the hand truck top and bottom so it cannot move/slide. Then put a third strap over your shoulder and attach it to the top of the hand cart so you are lifting with your legs/back as you move up each step. Trying to pull the crate up each step with your arms will wear anyone out before you get to the top and then you are stuck. Two stories is definitely a workout when done alone but with someone below the crate/two people, it should be very easy. Delivery companies often require their personnel to be able to lift 50# repeatedly and 100# occasionally, pretty standard.

The dolls/crates are more large and awkward than heavy; the weight is centered near the top/back. Take your time!
For not considering over #200 to be heavy is impressive. For a man over the age of 50 to believe this, is dangerous :lol:
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

dave7311
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by dave7311 »

" Amazing "
RD's are for the wealthy & the prices agree ( Thank God for other Silicone Doll options )
You would think after all these years & all the $ they have made, they would add wheels
/ handles to the crates 8O ( hundreds to deliver ? WTF ? ) 8O " just my opinion " ... :whistle:

INFORMATIONS