Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Delayed doll delivery

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

jimmyboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Delayed doll delivery

Post by jimmyboy »

I ordered a Realdoll several months ago and the original delivery date was expected in late October or November. I was then informed that due to several issues, orders had been delayed and my doll was “in production” with an expected delivery date of the end of January. With that timeframe passed, I asked for an updated expected shipping date and was just told that it was delayed and no expected ship date was provided. I wanted to know if others are experiencing similar delays. One of the primary reasons I selected Realdoll is that I understood that the were known for relatively prompt delivery and providing excellent ustomer service. I know that several other doll makers have been notoriously late in delivery and have had horrible customer service. My fear is that the standards at Realdoll are not being maintained and they may be taking too many orders without the ability to meet the production demands. Am I just expecting too much or are my fears unfounded? In Realdoll’s defense they did agree to send me an additional wig or insert free as a concession for the extended lead time. I thought that was a classy move and a step in the right direction. Has anyone else seen prolonged wait times from Realdoll?

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Delayed doll delivery

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Hi jimmyboy,

It sounds like the communication from Abyss has been consistent and thorough. However, you may want to contact Zebo, TDF's brand ambassador to Abyss. He is a great resource and has helped other members with various issues.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

I think its safe to say that Abyss don't delay anything unless its for a good reason.

Just so you know I waited a year for my last 2 dolls and they were well worth the wait.

But in my case I was waiting for a particular number for my girls it wasn't Abyss fault in my case.

You sound a bit like me when I was waiting for my first doll to arrive,.. I was anxious and checking my E-mail etc several times a day. I don't think you will have much longer to wait.

Do what TJ_foxx said and contact Zebo at Abyss.
I am sure this will be something you will laugh over very soon.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

That is a huge bump in the timeframe, I'm really surprised to hear this.

I knew that Abyss was busier than ever but ...

Good for Matt and company, I'm certain everything is under control and some more time spent waiting is worth receiving the best built and crafted doll in the industry.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

siliconforest
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by siliconforest »

You're not alone there, jimmyboy, and it sounds like our orders are sitting right next to each other on the production line.

My order went in back in June (RD2/WRD hybrid) and the lead-time estimate put completion around October/November. When I checked in after that estimate passed, they said it had reached production but would be another 4 weeks. It's right about this time that it sounds like Abyss got hit with a perfect storm of events - the winter sale, holiday closings for Thanksgiving & Christmas, staffing changes, people out sick, etc. and I think they got slammed way more than they were expecting for this time of year. When I checked in on my order the other week, their email response time was back to its usual 1-2 business days so I'm hoping things are starting to get back to normal for them.

I will admit, the wait has been really difficult sometimes. As much as I'd like to mark out a potential delivery date on my calendar, the fates don't seem to be cooperating right now. But I will give Abyss' customer support credit in that they have always been polite and very apologetic when they have to report that things are running behind. I'm also thankful for Zebo and the other folks on this board for helping to translate the sometimes cryptic status update from Abyss to where I have a general idea of where the order stands.

So hang in there, you're not alone, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that Abyss is getting back up to speed and our ladies will be heading home soon.

DelosDroid

Post by DelosDroid »

I also ordered one in June. Zebo was good enough to check my order status at the beginning of November and said she was scheduled for production in the second half of January. As siliconforest said, Abyss appear to have had an unexpected amount of attention in the past year. I tend to spend most of my time over at the CRD forums and it seems that there is an almost regular number of posts made by various news outlets asking people to participate in various articles they're writing about doll owners, although mostly about the Realbotix stuff currently.

I'm assuming they hadn't expected the sudden upswing of interest and orders. It's been an interesting twelve months.

gator048

Post by gator048 »

I also have a order in I reached out to abyss and was told there a Little behind due to the wild fires and then the flu that put some people out for awhile

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

At last spring I survivaled in live 5months and ten days waiting. Hereafter I will think about before order.
Power for you to waiting!

Brick

Post by Brick »

I know this doesn't help much! But please be patient. There was a perfect storm that hit Abyss and they are still sailing through it. However, they are going to stay the course and get through it. They have hired more people and changed some of there production formulas to pick it up and start reducing the wait times. I am in there every week and I have to say they are really doing everything they can to make this happen. But there is training, that the new hires have to go through and they have to learn a lot. Realdoll has an excellent reputation and they are doing everything they can to retain it and provide you the best product and service.........really!
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

gator048

Post by gator048 »

Zebo wrote:I know this doesn't help much! But please be patient. There was a perfect storm that hit Abyss and they are still sailing through it. However, they are going to stay the course and get through it. They have hired more people and changed some of there production formulas to pick it up and start reducing the wait times. I am in there every week and I have to say they are really doing everything they can to make this happen. But there is training, that the new hires have to go through and they have to learn a lot. Realdoll has an excellent reputation and they are doing everything they can to retain it and provide you the best product and service.........really!
O boy so this is the part were things get messed up changing formulas to speed up things and new hires. Zebo now your scaring me it rather wait a few extra weeks then have the dolls rushed

jimmyboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jimmyboy »

I couldn’t agree more, I’m not keen on changes in formula or production protocols that haven’t been tested and planned for. If the orders must be late, then I’d rather wait and get what I’ve anticipated getting. I’ve waited about 20 years to finally order a Realdoll, for various reasons and I don’t want some half-assed whipped together rush job. Please tell me that is not what is happening!

Nova-I
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nova-I »

I don't think you guys have anything to worry about with the quality.. To my understanding every RealDoll that ships goes through a pretty thorough quality inspection before leaving the factory.. Also I don't think Zebo meant anything about them changing the formula of the material.. I believe what he was referring to was a new production strategy to speed up the wait times...

gator048

Post by gator048 »

I just hope when she arrives she is everything I thought she would be. I wanted a realdoll for years.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Matt has never and will never let any of his customers down and a doll will not leave the factory unless it is certain to meet all expectations.

Whether you realize it or not modifications are always being made to streamline the manufacturing process and to improve the product.

Matt has consistently throughout the years (decades now) raised the bar for the entire industry.

This is Abyss and ReaLDOLL, No one has anything to worry about.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

siliconelover wrote:Matt has never and will never let any of his customers down and a doll will not leave the factory unless it is certain to meet all expectations.

Whether you realize it or not modifications are always being made to streamline the manufacturing process and to improve the product.

Matt has consistently throughout the years (decades now) raised the bar for the entire industry.

This is Abyss and ReaLDOLL, No one has anything to worry about.
Nova-I wrote:I don't think you guys have anything to worry about with the quality.. To my understanding every RealDoll that ships goes through a pretty thorough quality inspection before leaving the factory.. Also I don't think Zebo meant anything about them changing the formula of the material.. I believe what he was referring to was a new production strategy to speed up the wait times...
I agree with what Nova and Siliconelover posted here as I have many Abyss dolls from mid 2009 thru early 2017 and my dolls are wonderful in every way. :D

INFORMATIONS