Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Do real dolls stand?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Anton

Do real dolls stand?

Post by Anton »

I’m looking to buy a quality doll and notice the Japanese dolls from 4 woods can stand is there a reason why such an expensive doll like a real doll cannot match this level of specification as they look good but I want a standing doll as that’s would be ‘real’ :D

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Do real dolls stand?

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Anton, Realdolls can 'stand' if you just lean them slightly against something.

As you can see a Realdoll will not 'free stand' but if she ever so slightly leans for support/balance will support her own weight, though you should NOT have her stand for more than a few minutes at a time so as not to risk having her skeleton push through the bottom of her feet.

I hope this helps you.

You can also have her stand for long periods of time if she is supported by a stand so her weight is not on her feet, but good manners prevent me from mentioning a womens weight!
;)

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Anton

Post by Anton »

Thanks.

TP876

Post by TP876 »

I've never tried to have Julie stand. I don't think she would be able to and I would not take the risk. She's a body d with gel implants in her butt, the heaviest doll to my knowledge at 105 lbs. I don't think her legs would hold out and she wouldn't be able to keep balance. Playtime, what body type is your doll/dolls?

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

TP876:

My girls are Body 4 RD 1 and 4 wicked dolls Jessica drake, Alectra, kaylani, and Lupe'.

All my girls can stand, their legs can lock straight and if you keep them upright they will stand as long as they can lean against something ever so slightly for balance.

But as mentioned its best for your dolls feet if they keep their weight off them for long periods of time.
Set up your photo and just before you take the shot, then get her to stand in the pose you want, take the shot and then sit her down again.

My jess (Jessica) and Morticia (Alectra) are the heaviest, just don't tell them that!

Its just a matter of finding their center of balance.

Give it a try, it will expand your range of pose's you can photograph her in.
:)

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

I've posed my Boy Toy standing a few times but it's risky.

ReaLDOLLS are not made to stand.

Use a chain hooked to the dolls neck bolt to insure safety and prevent collapsing if you don't want to chance damaging your doll.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

TP876

Post by TP876 »

I'm not going to try. And when she's supported from the neck bolt she looks like she's standing anyway.

FiveByFive
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FiveByFive »

If you really want to make it look like your RD can stand (which it can't, don't forget), you'll want to contact Dodgeman for one of his "stance modifiers," or attempt to make something similar yourself.

RD stands and backhooks as designed don't make the dolls appear to stand so much as float in an awkward bowlegged stance. There's not much you can do about that even with good positioning, but the stance modifier slightly alters how the weight is distributed and does a much better job overall. It's only really for ceiling mounts or similar overhang-style fixtures, though.

Photoshop, of course, does all the rest.
~~~~ Life is a runway. ~~~~

pepe4158

Post by pepe4158 »

ya you make good points poster.....I have a very old real doll, but know that of any doll made, at least IMO, real doll is the best looking.

With that said amazing why they did not concentrate on a standing doll to rival the Asian standing dolls.....the neck bolt thing is lame....makes her look like a hanging piece of meat :/

As I understand its because they are throwing all their future efforts into their AI intelligence doll, which really looks impressive so far

Valman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Valman »

FiveByFive wrote:If you really want to make it look like your RD can stand (which it can't, don't forget), you'll want to contact Dodgeman for one of his "stance modifiers," or attempt to make something similar yourself.

RD stands and backhooks as designed don't make the dolls appear to stand so much as float in an awkward bowlegged stance. There's not much you can do about that even with good positioning, but the stance modifier slightly alters how the weight is distributed and does a much better job overall. It's only really for ceiling mounts or similar overhang-style fixtures, though.

Photoshop, of course, does all the rest.
Dodgeman recently posted some great photos of his excellent craftsmanship making his Stance Modifiers. You can find them at CRD toward page 20 of this thread: Dodgeman Stance Modifier Setups

He KNOWS about all the mechanical engineering to make the safest and most pleasingly balanced way to pose your RealDoll for photos and play! After seeing that post, I definitely would never consider attempting to MacGyver something similar myself!
21st.century.technosexual.man
Sarahalla.Realdoll.Sky.Petite3.Freckles.

pepe4158

Post by pepe4158 »

ya having all the things hanging down would take the R/P fun out of the experience for me....I think just have them make tight joints and set her up, while I'm standing close to do my fantasies...if shes leaning on something should work as I am standing very close doing any r/p stuff

But the android type robots really are more to my liking as they have a certain amount of in-scripted quality to them

dollsexlover19
Banned Troll
Banned Troll

Post by dollsexlover19 »

Playtime wrote:G'day everyone,....

Anton, Realdolls can 'stand' if you just lean them slightly against something.

As you can see a Realdoll will not 'free stand' but if she ever so slightly leans for support/balance will support her own weight, though you should NOT have her stand for more than a few minutes at a time so as not to risk having her skeleton push through the bottom of her feet.

I hope this helps you.

You can also have her stand for long periods of time if she is supported by a stand so her weight is not on her feet, but good manners prevent me from mentioning a womens weight!
;)

Playtime.
Those photos look so interesting :haha4:

INFORMATIONS