Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Abyss Magnet Face Price Increases

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

manobon
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Abyss Magnet Face Price Increases

Post by manobon »

I'm guessing once an explanation is provided, that will help eliminate many persons' feelings of, "umm, What?!"

But yeah, this hobby is already pretty expensive (just as most hobbies Can be) - I was already trying to save up/see how I could justify for a Female Deluxe Torso 'down the line', so this definitely didn't help.

Hopefully there will be such a large influx of App suscribers, that lower prices will be more easily available later.

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

Supersoul wrote:I am sorry to have to say but yes this would stop me from any further purchases. I was hoping to get a Stephany face also but could not justify it at that price.
The insert price increase has given me the biggest fright. There would have to be a big increase in durability for that sort of jump for me :( (and that's not saying they are not durable because they very much are, but they can be damaged)
Like others here I have been super loyal to Real Doll for a long time and honestly I am a bit shocked at the scale of the increase. But I also have faith in Matt that he will do what he can to look after his customer base.
100% Agreed ... This outrageous increase is scary. I was hesitant spending the $700.00 (550.00 + 150.00 shipping).
Absolutely no chance of pulling the trigger at $1150.00 for a face. My Realdoll purchasing days are over :(

Supersoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Supersoul »

Still... There will be a reason for this. Maybe we should wait to hear what Matt has to say before we burn it all down.

Swan

Post by Swan »

Supersoul wrote:Still... There will be a reason for this. Maybe we should wait to hear what Matt has to say before we burn it all down.
I'm patiently waiting :whistle:

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

dodgeman wrote:...please, if anyone has any concerns about this, Do post your thoughts to let all concerned what your thoughts are!..
I agree with others that the price increase on accessories is a bit of a shock. Looks like the prices on dolls are not going up at the moment. I recall when I ordered Linda in June 2014 there was a big notice on their website and forum posts warning the community about an upcoming price increase. They really telegraphed that one!

I suspect there is some sort of cold logic of the business enterprise at work here, which overlooks the blinkered sentimentality of all of us rascals!

Looks like it's love the one you're with for now! Peace!! :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Swan

Post by Swan »

selobl wrote:
I agree with others that the price increase on accessories is a bit of a shock. Looks like the prices on dolls are not going up at the moment. I recall when I ordered Linda in June 2014 there was a big notice on their website and forum posts warning the community about an upcoming price increase.
That is a great point Selobl. No warning ... Is it possible Matt would make such a drastic change without warning?
This feels all wrong
:?

catnap

Post by catnap »

Supersoul wrote:Still... There will be a reason for this. Maybe we should wait to hear what Matt has to say before we burn it all down.
I would agree that since Matt took the time to respond to Dodgeman it is worth waiting to see what they decide to do. I love my Real Doll and want to keep getting faces and accessories for her.

But, I also know that with the price increases - especially given the current economy around here - I can't justify a new magnet face for $1149 with shipping when my friend gets a beautiful complete head for his TPE doll for one third of that shipped. And inserts are now $299? A TPE insert is $45.

If that is now the price of silicone doll maintenance, I can't justify it. I believe in spending on my self, and my entertainment, but this just goes beyond anything I could have possibly expected.

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Darkangel65 »

This is bad news I was going to purchase a extra face this year for my magenta but this is.now out of my budget...
This is not good abyss..your going to lose customers
Dark
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Abyss »

Hi Everyone.

This matter is being reviewed and some adjustments are in the works. Your concerns have been heard. Please know that I hold my loyal customers and fans in the highest regard, and the last thing I want to do is upset or discourage anyone from continuing to support Realdoll. The reality is that it is difficult to compete with import prices while maintaining the Made in USA quality we stand for. I employ highly trained artists and use the best materials available and none of that comes without a price. We have been looking for ways to offset rising costs without increasing the prices of full dolls, and some of the recent increases may not have been reviewed to the degree that they should have. For that I apologize, and hope you will bear with us while we try to find a happy medium to resolve this.

Thank you all for your support of Realdoll.

Matt McMullen
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

Brick

Post by Brick »

Hey Dodge, did Matt give any reasoning behind these increases? This is Brick......just so you know!
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Zebo wrote:Hey Dodge, did Matt give any reasoning behind these increases? This is Brick......just so you know!
Hey there Zebo/Brick, LOL! I sent you a PM on this there Sir. We are all being patient to see how this unfolds as it is important to us all in so many ways for now and in the future.

EDIT: I have gotten a LOT of emails mostly and a few PM's on this from so many here since this threads posting that it's been somewhat overwhelming and it is obvious to me how much concern we all have regarding this issue even with people that have not posted on this thread. Whatever happens, the results will have a major impact on mine and most everyone's ability to be able to afford or justify the cost of the items that we need or want as accessories for our dolls. Most of us do not have the ability to spend money freely as we would like to because of living expenses that consume our income first. It takes most people years of saving to be able to afford a top shelf silicone doll unless you are fortunate to enough to have a high paying job with low living expenses. Among ordinary everyday people that buy these dolls, that is not common in this economy even though our elected officials are painting a false picture of prosperity here as I study it closely behind the scenes thru private info sources. :|

Sorry to add this extra rant here but, it is true so we must wait to see how this goes. :|

catnap

Post by catnap »

dodgeman wrote:
Zebo wrote:Hey Dodge, did Matt give any reasoning behind these increases? This is Brick......just so you know!
Hey there Zebo/Brick, LOL! I sent you a PM on this there Sir. We are all being patient to see how this unfolds as it is important to us all in so many ways for now and in the future.
Thank you for doing that, Dodgeman. I appreciated the info.

Rocky-DollStacey
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Rocky-DollStacey »

Hey Matt, It's always great hearing from you even under these particular circumstances. It's good to know that our concerns have not been ignored and that you have much respect for your customers. I will first say, I've been a huge fan of your company Abyss and the Realdolls ever since I first saw them so many years ago. I'm so much of a fan that I have purchased 3 dolls direct from Abyss along with various accessories. The artistic quality of your dolls is by far the best in my personal opinion, so much so that they're the reason I took interest in photography 4 years ago. To this day I do my very best to express the quality of your creations in my photos for everyone on the TDF and CRD forums to enjoy in hopes they will become future customers to your company so that it may continue to grow.

I'm glad to hear that you and your team will be revisiting the price adjustments on the products that have been pointed out in this thread. However I fear that anything much more than a minimal price increase will be met with a significant loss of customers, myself included. Don't get me wrong, I do not in anyway want this to sound threatening. I love your products and I have much respect for you and your team, Abyss has been nothing but amazing and your customer service has been 1st class. However, at the previous prices (before the hikes) of the Magnetic faces and Inserts I was already at about my max tipping point in terms of price = value. The full-heads were already way to expensive and exceeded my personal price point. The only reason I purchased the new Tanya head was because it was purchased with the new BodyF (which by the way I can't wait till she arrives). I've spoken with some loyal customers who feel the same and if the prices become too extreme we will simply be priced out of your products. Again this isn't intended to be a threatening comment. Unfortunately, I personally will just become priced out of the Realdoll Hobby. Trust me I will be sad about it. Will I go to another company? No, I don't think that I will, like I said the quality of Realdolls is the best and I will not settle for the lesser TPE stuff. I will probably just stop purchasing altogether and just enjoy the dolls I already have. I will of course continue to take photos of them any chance I get. Some see this as a lifestyle which is fine, I see this as a hobby and those are my thoughts as one who see's it that way.

I'm sorry, I know dealing with the competitor TPE junk that's out there and rising cost of materials must really suck, I wish I could offer up some amazing words of wisdom that would help.

Thanks for the amazing work you've done Matt
-Rocky
Here's April giving a welcoming wave

Brick

Post by Brick »

Thanks Dodge for stirring up the Masses! I think are complaints have been heard and Matt is going to take action. He will fix this, but he does employ artisans and cant use the guy that was working at the 7-11 for this work. Just something we have to remember.......
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Abyss »

FYI :) We highly encourage our loyal customers to join our VIP program in order to receive up to 20% off all accy/faces purchases up to $750 dollars. You can email me @ joe@realdoll.com for more information!

Cheers
-Joe
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

INFORMATIONS