Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

How did you move her from the airport?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Random786
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

How did you move her from the airport?

Post by Random786 »

I'm getting close to finally ordering a RD2 and importing her to the Netherlands! Now, I've seen one of the RD crates and know how much the doll weighs on its own... so I think the crate would need 3 people to move (especially since it needs to be moved up a flight of stairs) + a truck that allows storing the crate upright.
Right now I think I'll have to ask a moving company to send 2 people with me to customs but that will probably be more expensive than her overseas trip. Maybe airports always have delivery services that do this kind of stuff all the time? How did you do it? Also, did you open the crate to check for damage at customs?
So much to figure out :)

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: How did you move her from the airport?

Post by RaDiv »

The shipping agent normally help you out with arranging transport from the airport to your home. They also deal with the customs process.

The crate lay down during transport.
She told me to come but I was already there

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

Doesn't need 3 people, but it does need 2 healthy people, 2 people guaranteed.

You just need to have a good understanding with your shipping partner that you need help to get the crate indoors, and make sure you are willing to pay for it (don't think you can ship it on your sedan).

Make sure you need that crate indoors.

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

Don't let Jenn from Shipping Wars handle your doll.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Definitely 2 people to handle the shipping crate. I would not want to try it alone.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Get a good dollie for your dolly lol
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

I use a trolley to move the crates around like this one.....

that cost me 30 bucks and a rachet strap to secure the crate in place.

The trolley is rated for 300 Kg and I can move crates with the gals in them around easily by myself.....you can them at hardware and auto stores....just a handy tip!

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Random786
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Random786 »

Thanks! Trolley is a good point, I'll make sure I'll have one. One of those with 6 wheels, so it can go up the stairs.
So the crate can be moved lying down on the back side? I thought they were all transported upright.
As for the shipping agent - should I be the one to find one or is that something Abyss will/can do?

Arleen1

Post by Arleen1 »

You can always take the doll out of the create to take her up the stairs if you can do it all in one , the stairs are normally very steep in the houses in the Netherlands .

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I may end up getting that trolley since I seem to be moving heavier and heavier boxes these days.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

mLuvsOTK
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by mLuvsOTK »

You do have to be careful in moving a doll outside of the crate with a hand-truck because the joints and appendages were made for posing and not to withstand erect positions. The danger is that the joints will fold. As others suggested, a used wheelchair could be inexpensive and provides better support.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Random786 wrote:As for the shipping agent - should I be the one to find one or is that something Abyss will/can do?
Abyss arranges shipping.

I handled my crate alone, easily.

Picked up at airport, They put the crate in my pickup truck, on it's back, with a forklift. Yes they are marked 'this way up' for the crate standing upright or on its back, both are acceptable shipping positions.

When I got it home just had to slide it to the back of the truck and tip it and lower it down, then tip it upright so it ends up standing upright on the ground again. With the weight still mostly on the truck tailgate, was easy peasy to do.

Once on the ground, I used a dolly to move her inside the house. Strapped the crate on.

No stairs here.
My Doll Album is here!

Anassilao
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Anassilao »

Usually an international shipping is stopped in Customs for normal controls.
Sometimes the Customs can be an Office near the international airport.
When the package travels togheter with an invoice, the Custom clearance is faster.
Custom clearance may take a few days or a few weeks. This is absolutely normal.
The package can be opened if the documentation is not clear.
I.e. if there is not a waybill on it, and if the content can be suspicious.
But this is not the case of an Abyss crate.
Togheter with crate there is a waybill and an invoice. Then, after customs clearance procedure, the Custom uses a courier for shipping to your adress.
All Customs have couriers in agreement, who do this service.
Be quiet, the doll's crate will arrives up to your home. The courier has a truck with a transpallet or a similar pallet trucks to handle the crate. :thumbs_up:
The courier is paid to bring the shipment to your door.
Problem can be the stairs without a lift.
Only In this case, you'll need a help.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

As I've imported three Realdolls into the Netherlands, and had my first doll delivered at the top of the stairs in my apartment, I can basically tell you how it's going to go down.

When the doll arrives in the Netherlands, SEKO Netherlands will call you saying a crate has arrived for you.
If you indicate that you would like them to handle the import process for you and you want the doll delivered to your home, they'll first send you a form to sign, so you give them the right to take care of the import (een machtigingsformulier).

If you have a scanner, or all-in-one printer, that's the easiest, as you can sign the form, scan it, and email it back to them.
You'll also need to send them a copy of your ID, passport, or driver's license, so scan that as well (front and back).

When they receive the form back from you, they'll go to work on the import process. After it's done, they'll send you the invoice with the added taxes, import costs, delivery costs, and what not (around 1200 Euros in 2014, likely more now due to the weak Euro).

If you have electronic banking, you can transfer the money that way, and e-mail them proof of the transfer. They can then immediately plan the final delivery. In my case, that was the day after.
Generally, it'll be just the driver to make the delivery. If he's a nice guy in a good mood, he'll help you get the crate inside the door, but I doubt he'll help carry it up the stairs.
Maybe if you pay him something, who knows...

With my first doll, I asked Seko for delivery up the stairs, which was possible back then, but at a premium cost, as they had to hire a courier service to deliver the doll with two people.
They huffed and puffed carrying the crate upstairs, but it was there.

With my other two dolls, I unpacked in my driveway, with the crate opening pushed onto my door opening, and I carried the dolls upstairs myself.
I have a personal entry, but the apartment itself is upstairs.

If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM, I'm happy to help a fellow Dutchman :D
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

One can also rent a van from companies like U-Haul. They often offer daily rates and they might even provide the cart.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

INFORMATIONS